WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Which QB would you select for your team?

Suppose you had the luxury of selecting a quarterback for your 2011 team. For discussion purposes, let's take Andrew Luck (Stanford) off the table. Also, let's eliminate a part time QB like Terrelle Pryor. Who would you pick to take your team to the promise land?

No certain order:

Aaron Murray - Georgia
    Matt Barkley - USC
    Landry Jones - Oklahoma
    Dominque Davis - East Carolina
    Brandon Weeden - Oklahoma State
    Bryant Moniz - Hawaii
    Robert Griffin - Baylor
    Kyle Padron - SMU
    Kellen Moore - Boise State
    Steven Garcia - South Carolina
    Denard Robinson - Michigan
    Garrett Gilbert - Texas
    Nick Foles - Arizona

If you like someone I have not listed, please make a case for them. Let's ass ume your offensive system is geared toward the strength of the player you sellect.

.....Who would be your quarterback Coach?

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

You know I had to throw Tyler Bray's hat in the ring, especially since guys like Garrett Gilbert and Kyle Padron are options. With some experience I think he can be every bit as good as those listed here but he isnt the player the caliber of Kellen Moore, Matt Barkley, or Landry Jones quite yet.

WorkHorse

Ok, I'll start it off by taking Kellen Moore from Boise State to lead my team. Moore may or may not play a down in the NFL but I'm not looking for an NFL quarterback, I looking for someone to lead my college team. I'll use one of Bear Bryant's sayings, "he ain't nothing but a winner" and that is just what Kellen Moore is...a winner. Not big in statue at 6'0", 186 pounds but plays big on the field.

In high school he was named Washington's state Gatorade Player of the Year his senior season. He set Washington state career records for completions (787) and touchdown passes (173). He threw for 11,367 yards during his high school career.

After redshirting at Boise in 2007, the kid has been simply outstanding as the trigger man for a high powered offense.

2008.....281 of 405.....3486 yards.....69%......25 TDs and 10 Ints
    2009.....277 of 431.....3536 yards.....64%......39 TDs and 3 Ints
    2010.....273 of 383.....3845 yards.....71%......35 TDs and 6 Ints

I want a consistent quarterback who is a winner. Kellen Moore is just that and is my choice to lead my team.

WorkHorse

UT, I'm a Bama homer for sure but I believe you have me beat with your Tennessee loyalty. Bray has a chance to be a good SEC quarterback but he has a lot to prove before he get's there. I think AJ McCarron for Alabama will develop into a fine QB, he's just got to go out and prove it over time and that's what Tyler Bray will have to do.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    UT, I'm a Bama homer for sure but I believe you have me beat with your Tennessee loyalty. Bray has a chance to be a good SEC quarterback but he has a lot to prove before he get's there. I think AJ McCarron for Alabama will develop into a fine QB, he's just got to go out and prove it over time and that's what Tyler Bray will have to do.
    Im not saying I would even select him as my guy but you have to admit if you are going to mention Garett Gilbert, Bray has to be included. Bray played extremely well for a true freshman last year and his numbers were better than Gilberts in only half a year. All Gilbert has proven is that he can throw twice as many INTs than TDs. I understand I get heat for being a homer and bringing him up but I believe its with merit (no way I mention Matt Simms).

From what Ive seen from McCarron, I think he will be every bit as serviceable as McElroy (as long as Saban doesnt strangle him) and it helps that if he isnt on top of his game he can hand to ball off to stud running back Trent Richardson. I also think Kevin Lacy is extremely talented and will begin to see more carries with Ingram gone.

If I had one to choose from that list I would have to go with Moore too but that list looks extremely underwhelming as far as next level talent. Outside of Barkley, Jones and possibly Foles Im not sure if any really get a hard look as a pro prospect. Murray and Moore's size both hurt them while Davis, Padron, Moniz are system guys. Griffin and Robinson will probably be looked at as athletes and Weeden will almost be 30 years old by the time he would possibly take an NFL snap. This is a totally different conversation I understand since we are choosing college QBs but it goes into why I would choose Moore. None of the guys mentioned are head and shoulders above anyone when it comes to measureables so accuracy and efficiency prove to be the deciding factor.

WorkHorse

UT, playing some cards with some old buddies and they all agree you are like us...you love SEC football. Even though you are Tennessee (hated Vols by most Bama fans) (hated Bama by all Tennessee fans) we are going to adopt you as a GOOD GUY because you are like us.... you love football and stand up for your team.

We appreciate your passion Bud.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

I'm liking Moore or Weeden

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Garcia. He is really developing and I think this will be a big year for him.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Suppose you had the luxury of selecting a quarterback for your 2011 team. For discussion purposes, let's take Andrew Luck (Stanford) off the table. Also, let's eliminate a part time QB like Terrelle Pryor. Who would you pick to take your team to the promise land?

No certain order:

Aaron Murray - Georgia
    Matt Barkley - USC
    Landry Jones - Oklahoma
    Dominque Davis - East Carolina
    Brandon Weeden - Oklahoma State
    Bryant Moniz - Hawaii
    Robert Griffin - Baylor
    Kyle Padron - SMU
    Kellen Moore - Boise State
    Steven Garcia - South Carolina
    Denard Robinson - Michigan
    Garrett Gilbert - Texas
    Nick Foles - Arizona

If you like someone I have not listed, please make a case for them. Let's ass ume your offensive system is geared toward the strength of the player you sellect.

.....Who would be your quarterback Coach?
    even if pryor and newton was out there i would go withkellen moore....going to be another drew brees

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Would have to go with moore.
    I have to ask though if pryor is part time qb what is denard robinson?

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

barkley....easily.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32317

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    what is denard robinson?
    Poor man's Michael Vick.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Matt Barkley... Kellen Moore would be nothing in any offense besides Boise's