HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Alabama's recruiting class now #1 at Rivals

I hope this equates on the field as well.

cjewell83
    cjewell83's Avatar Become A Pro!

looking to take a 2011-2012 bcs championship future on them. only thing that worries me is new qb . roll tide

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Tons of talent. Might be 1 year away from really competing though. Future is tempting with Cam Newton gone.

Cubs4591
    Cubs4591's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lets go hawkeyes next year!!!

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by cjewell83 View Post
    looking to take a 2011-2012 bcs championship future on them. only thing that worries me is new qb . roll tide
    Mcarron and Simms are reported to be very very good replacements for G-mac, I believe that good competition at any position can only make the starter better.

scarp
    scarp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

wow.. class looks pretty good.. wish nebraska could have a class like that

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

'Good' coaches with 'Good' players give a program a head start on the competition. As long as Saban is at Alabama.....we will have 'Good' coaches and 'Good' players.

Bama is loaded with talent for 2011. The frecken DEFENSE should be awesome.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    'Good' coaches with 'Good' players give a program a head start on the competition. As long as Saban is at Alabama.....we will have 'Good' coaches and 'Good' players.

Bama is loaded with talent for 2011. The frecken DEFENSE should be awesome.

I was relieved when a few of the Defensive guys stayed in school....need them.

ROLL TIDE!!!

WorkHorse

Itch, Alabama's Kirby Smart won't say it in public...but those in the know think this might be the best defense that Saban has offered. (IF) Bama gets production from the QB and they have two good ones to choose from.....this will be another good team. WIN with DEFENSE and offense don't beat us.

I'm a homer...realistic homer. I love the talent on this team. Trent Richardson will shine this year. I have been in the minority, but I've said the last two years he is better than Ingram. The guy is a stud and I think folks will see it this season. Still, Bama wins and always will win with DEFENSE.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Itch, Alabama's Kirby Smart won't say it in public...but those in the know think this might be the best defense that Saban has offered. (IF) Bama gets production from the QB and they have two good ones to choose from.....this will be another good team. WIN with DEFENSE and offense don't beat us.

I'm a homer...realistic homer. I love the talent on this team. Trent Richardson will shine this year. I have been in the minority, but I've said the last two years he is better than Ingram. The guy is a stud and I think folks will see it this season. Still, Bama wins and always will win with DEFENSE.

I'm with you on T Rich...and hopefully Eddie Lacy comes out strong to give him a rest now and then.

The D should be stout...some leadership back with Barron and Upshaw....and can't sleep on the talent from Kirkpatrick and Menzie and Milliner.....I think it's gonna be a fun year in T Town

WorkHorse

Secondary is solid...always will be with Saban coaching them.

Best name to remember: C.J. Moseley....linebacker...starter as true freshman. STUD!

Alabama is loaded on defense....Moseley, Millner, Fulton among many former freshman 5star players who can help the D. (C.J. Moseley is SPECIAL and he's only a sophomore) watch this kid.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

I wonder what NC State is ranked in recruiting.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

UGA moving up to a possible top 5 finish
    I'm shocked
    have signed some big names

Crowell will make the difference, b/t UGA and Bama
    I think we got him

Jasonal_98
    Jasonal_98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

If the Tide ends up with Clowney, this is going to be a special class (already might be).

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonal_98 View Post
    If the Tide ends up with Clowney, this is going to be a special class (already might be).
    Spurrier pulled out all the stops for Clowney, one his last official visit to S.C he attended a basketball game and 5 different times the crowd chanted "we want Clowney". I feel like he stays put at home. But there is always a chance, the report is Clowneys mom was very impressed with coach Saban. I do hope he comes to Bama. On a local radio show here in Bama (JOX) the recruiting experts said they felt some family problems would be the deciding factor to keep him close to home.....we shall see

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

This means little or nothing. First, most of these rating services are way off. It is worse than the NFL draft. Second, half of these kids will either flunk oit, sustain a serious injury, or get arrested before they ever earn a starting role. The players who are suppose to be the tops in the nation often fail to live up to that reputation. USC is on probation, and still has a top 5 recruiting class. What does that tell you? Recruiting rankings are totally worthless.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

I think the rankings should be taken with a grain of salt. There are instances where the teams with the highest ranked classes end up being the most successful teams but then again you have schools like Boise, TCU, Va Tech and Oregon who never really seem to have outstanding classes but are always competitive. From a UT perspective 5 star players havent worked out too well in recent years with the exception of Eric Berry. Along with Berry, Chris Donald, Kenny O'neal, Ben Martin, Brent Vinson were all 5 stars in UT's 2007 class. None of which have contributed to the Vols but with that being said I sure hope that the Vols close strong in 2011 recruiting and get some of the highest ranked players available. Should make for a good day at work on Wednesday waiting for the letters of intent being faxed in.

WorkHorse

Men, to each their own but I'm one who thinks there is a direct correlation between good recruiting classes and winning. Look at Alabama under Shula, he had some decent classes...then comes Saban. He's had some great classes.

Look at USC under Pete Carroll....damn good recruiting....damn good teams. There is a correlation my friends.

Boise State and TCU and especially Virginia Tech do a great job with their recruits. They don't play in the SEC or Big Ten or Pac 10 however.

Get good players and coach them up and you win (Carroll, Saban, Meyers, etc.)

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!

South Carolina is gonna pull down Clowney!

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Pagan!!! Dude is a stud. Urban Meyer was raving about him on ESPNU this morning. Coach Saban pulls out some surprises on signing day every single year.

If Cyrus goes to the barn thats really gonna be a shame.

steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

How many are you watching the signing day stuff?

RJBucs
    RJBucs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 337

I am. kinda addicting

LongfellowKK
    LongfellowKK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

I am, and I feel ridiculous. But yeah, it is addicting

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Espn's coverage is only gloryifing these kids before they even play a down. Probably 80% have a primidonna attitude to begin with, but this coverage can only feed it. The recruit for Auburn put on his hat "Nick Who?"..I mean come on, get real.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac pete View Post
    Espn's coverage is only gloryifing these kids before they even play a down. Probably 80% have a primidonna attitude to begin with, but this coverage can only feed it. The recruit for Auburn put on his hat "Nick Who?"..I mean come on, get real.
    he was referring to Nick Farley......He is an offensive tackle and that was a stab at Farley............and Cyrus is still un decided...I hope Bama gets him too....we have his older brother.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Clowney needs to stop 'clownin' and pick BAMA already!

Betting Guru
    Bookie Busting!
    Betting Guru's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Nick Saban is no doubt one of the best recruiters and coaches in the country.