Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

National Championship Game

Well, I finally checked my book this afternoon, and it's now even.

Auburn pk or Oregon pk, so there's no value in second guessing anymore.

O/U is at 72.

In my opinion, I think there's way too much over analysis.

If you think Auburn won't be able to slow down Oregon's offense, then take the Ducks.

If you think Auburn can keep their offense in check, then take the Tigers.

Far better defenses have tried to stop Newton all season and failed, but he can't do it all by himself.

He won the Heisman by (I believe) the biggest margin of victory ever. He has the single season highest passer efficiency rating in the history of the NCAA, and he's not even known for his passing ability.

I'm not an Auburn fan, so this isn't a homer call.

However, I liken this game to the USC/Texas national championship a few years back. Both teams had good offenses and defenses, but the game really came down to one player - Vince Young.

Cam Newton reminds me a lot of what Vince Young was able to do that season, and you just can't cap that.

After watching the Sports Science piece on him, he's bigger/heavier than all of the cornerbacks, safeties, 2 linebackers, and 7 of the 9 defensive ends that Oregon starts.

Seriously? No wonder people can't tackle him.

Anyway, I think tonight will either be a BIG win by Oregon (meaning that the Auburn defense won't be able to stop them), or Auburn wins a close game.

I kind of prefer teams that have had some close calls during the season, because they know how to handle their business when adversity strikes them. (Like Auburn losing big to Alabama, only to come back and win.)

Oregon hasn't had much adversity, and I don't think they've played as tough of a schedule, to be honest.

So, I think that I'll take Auburn this evening.

As an aside, since 1976, the Heisman trophy winner has only played for the national championship (in a bowl game) in the same year 18 times.

The Heisman trophy winner has won the national championship in the same year...6 times. 3 QBs, 2 RBs, and one defensive player. (Ward, Wuerffel, Leinart, Dorsett, Ingram, and Woodson.)

I think that too much is made out of the Heisman winner not winning the national championship. At the end of the day, they're only one player. If they're a QB, they don't run (often), they don't catch the passes, block, kick, or play defense.

It doesn't mean that the Heisman winner is on the better team. However, if that player is truly incredible, they can take the team on his back, and win the game for them.

I like Newton's chances here. If the defense can rise to the occasion, they win.

Auburn ML @1.91 $550 to win $500

Best of luck with your plays.

-Vin

nikevols
    nikevols's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL man...Im rolling with the under here!

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

i am with over.. lets score alot guys.. and lets win some money.. go ducks

sammy85
    sammy85's Avatar Become A Pro!

This game goes into the ninties guys, safest sure bet is on the over

brock
    brock's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12488

Think I will try over first half.

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Well, there you have it.

"If you think Auburn can keep their offense in check, then take the Tigers."

I think they did a really good job of taking away the run, and their size proved to be a big factor.

Cam didn't have a super game, but he made great plays when he needed to, as I expected.

"I like Newton's chances here. If the defense can rise to the occasion, they win.

Auburn ML @1.91 $550 to win $500"

I'll take it.

+$500

I hope some of you had a good night as well.

Peace,
    Vin