4seasons
    4seasons's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oregon is not a lock ...

... however, they have to win. Public agrees as the line has gone from Ducks +3 to Ducks -1, and counting. With the unknowns of a football game, such as bad officiating to unforseen player injuries, is why I say it's not a lock. As always, anything can happen, and only bet what you can afford to lose.

Ducks last year in the Rose Bowl got taken down by the Buckeyes, so you know Oregon wants to get the bad taste of that out of their system. That will prove to be enormous motivation for the coaches and team to be focused for 60. Ducks will be ready, and having played in a huge Rose Bowl game just last year, will provide valuable expierence.

As for Auburm, squeaking by NorthWestern in the Outback Bowl last year doesn't mean much to me going into this one. If they gave up 35 to NorthWestern in the Outback Bowl, look-out for the Ducks' scores in this, THE Bowl Game of all Bowl Games. Have been hearing about how the Auburn D isn't that strong, and even strong defenses against Oregon are going to get pounded, Oregon should roll. Stats don't lie ...

• - Oregon is the # 1 offense whereas Auburn's offense is ranked # 6
    • - Oregion s ranked #14 on defense whereas Auburn's defense is ranked # 54

Do you really need to look at anything else, with those stats staring right at you?

And yes, the Heisman factor, which to me puts a bulls-eye on Newton. He's the guy the nation picked as the best player in the game, and you know the opposing team will go after this guy unlike if he didn't win that award. Newton will be running around all game with that bulls-eye, and will be swarmed, hit hard and rattled.

The #54 defense has little chance of stopping the #1 offense. Perhaps less chance than that. Oregon will be pounding Auburn's defense and will wear them down. Meanwhile, Oregon's defense will be pounding Newton all night, and he will be rattled.

Will take a miracle for Auburn to win, and to get Oregon as an underdog or close is a rare gift from the Bookman. Bookman is just messing with you when posts the line as Oregon as an underdog. It's done to get more bettors thinking about Auburn. There's no justification to me to have Aurburn favored, none. Oregon is the better team, and Oregon will win easy ...

Oregon ML @ -105

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Level of competition = you cant look at stats

kahnner
    kahnner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

Auburn played better competition. So those rankings mean nothing to me!
    Newton has been hit hard all year long by a lot better defenses than oregons. He was down huge to alabama in alabama and wasn't rattled.
    Oregon may win, but to use what stats you have used is funny!

Vinnybagadonuts
    Vinnybagadonuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Exactly. Not saying the Ducks don't win, but you're not comparing apples to apples.

Gatoraider
    Gatoraider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1335

#54 in the nation vs SEC competition.

Auburn avg's 497.7ypg vs Oregon's 537.5ypg

Auburn 5th in nation strength of schedule vs Oregon's 10th rank

IMO all of these stats go out the window. It will be interesting to see how Oregon handles that DL of Auburn, how Auburn D handles the up tempo offense of Oregon.

Get ready for a good one!

qbsafety8
    qbsafety8's Avatar Become A Pro!

ya . cam newton is the heisman.. im sure thats what oregons thinking

they dont give a shit that hes heisman. hes got a target on his chest cause hes the opposing teams quarterback in thieir way of winning the National Championship

RunEmHard
    RunEmHard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Heisman curse is on.

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Cicima6709 View Post
    Level of competition = you cant look at stats
    Figure when you turn 22 college kids loose on a football field, and all go to a Div I school, how much weight does that play? You see inferior teams beat better teams all the time. It's whoever shows up ready to play that day, is better prepared, wants it more, plays harder, makes fewer mistakers, etc. Turns out, it was Auburn

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by kahnner View Post
    Auburn played better competition. So those rankings mean nothing to me!
    Newton has been hit hard all year long by a lot better defenses than oregons. He was down huge to alabama in alabama and wasn't rattled.
    Oregon may win, but to use what stats you have used is funny!
    Because Auburn played better competition, they were ranked #1 as a team. Just believed Oregon had enough fire power to run it up on Auburn's lowly touted D, which turns was an illusion. Auburn's D stood tall, was much stonger than Oregon's, and Auburn clearly deserved the crown

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnybagadonuts View Post
    Exactly. Not saying the Ducks don't win, but you're not comparing apples to apples.
    Is comparing Oregon to NorthWestern apples to apples? Took Auburn OT to beat NW in the previous bowl, yet I know Auburn is much improved from then, also thought Oregon was too. And, it was the same deal with Ohio State against Arkansas. All that Big 10 can't hang with the SEC banter ... how'd that turn out?

jackpot269
    jackpot269's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8377

Auburn pulled it out by the skin of there teeth !!!!!!!!!!

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by Gatoraider View Post
    #54 in the nation vs SEC competition.

Auburn avg's 497.7ypg vs Oregon's 537.5ypg

Auburn 5th in nation strength of schedule vs Oregon's 10th rank

IMO all of these stats go out the window. It will be interesting to see how Oregon handles that DL of Auburn, how Auburn D handles the up tempo offense of Oregon.

Get ready for a good one!
    Oregon didn't handle that DL of Auburn ... and that's all she wrote.

4seasons

Quote Originally Posted by qbsafety8 View Post
    ya . cam newton is the heisman.. im sure thats what oregons thinking

they dont give a shit that hes heisman. hes got a target on his chest cause hes the opposing teams quarterback in thieir way of winning the National Championship
    I believe the opposing QB getting that award priovides even more incentive to crush 'em. They may have wounded him, but I give him props for coming through in the end.

4seasons

Once again, can only blame myself for not fading the Public on a major play like this. The House for sure cleaned up as the line went from -3 to +1, and at then end I saw the smart money loaded up and pushed it back a tad to -1, and that is the final sign that you don't know until the line closes. Did not expect the line to go back the other way at the end, and I paid the price. Still, I was looking for Auburn to fold, and Oregon to run away with it. Also my bad for not taking the time to do a full 'cap of the game starting with the coaches. As advertised, the Auburn coaching staff are highly paid and competent and I'd say now Oregon is not.

Didn't seem that way when Oregon pulled off the fake punt, but it did glaringly so when 1st & goal the Ducks got stuffed. After the fake punt, if you don't score, it will demoralize your team while the other side gets enormously pumped up. Where was that great option play then, like they used when they scored the final TD? They couldn't budge the Auburn DL, so you either have to throw it or run an option or something out wide like a bootleg as Auburn had the middle stuffed. When it came down to 4th down, I kick the FG, unless you know you have a play that is going to score without fail.

Since the Ducks were down 8 at the time, you still need 2 scores to win. Plus, if you kick the FG, now a TD can win it for you, verse still needing a 2 pt to tie and yet another score to win. The momentum would have stayed with the Ducks if they kicked the FG, and again would've been in a much better position to win the game needing just a TD. They had to get points after the fake, no doubt.

The other thing is, after going no where on 1st, 2nd & 3rd & goal, if you're going to go for it on 4th you perhaps should take a timeout. Get the right play, and pull your group together and instill that this is the ball game here. This is what they've played all year for, have waited so long for, and everyone needs to give every ounce of everything they got to succeed. Failing is not an option there. Make sure no one false starts, has the play, everyone is on the same page, an just go execute it. The 4th down call that went no where like the other 3 was dismal. So, hats off to Auburn as after a goal line stand like that, they deserve to be champs.