lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

BCS Championship Game $$$

What a game I am expecting for us to see. I have been back and forth on this game and wanted to discuss some things about this matchup. Initially, I leaned Auburn then waffled on Oregon and despite the line movement I am back on Auburn.

Oregon Factors when I look at Oregon I see alot of speed on offense and a precision offense. James at RB for Oregon will be the fastest player on the field. Thomas the QB is very precise makes good reads and decisions and is very accurate with the ball. With Oregon I also see an underrated defense that is very deep. Oregon rotates alot of players to compensate for there lack of time of possession. What I don't like about Oregon is there lack of size on defensive line and the weakness of there schedule. Oregon only played one good team(stanford) this year and beat them at home by rolling them up in the 2H.

Auburn Factors Cam Netwon and Cam Newton.lol... Not really the whole story. Is good as Newton is his offensive line is very unhearlded, but very good and big. Alot of Senior leadership on the o-line that goes 300+ pds across. Micheal Dyer out of the back field is not a workhorse because of Newton but the guy is strong and averged 6 yds a carry this season. Auburn has weapons at recievers as well. Auburns defense.. It's no secret Auburns defense is weak, especially the secondary and has been torched by every big name reciever in the SEC this season.

What I like about Auburn the most is they answered every test this season against the countires best teams this season. Went down 24-0 in Bryant Denny and didn't blink. I expect Auburns offensive line to push around Oregon on offense because of there size opening up the running game.

I expect Oregon to score. Auburn has not stopped anybody this season from scoring and I don't expect that to change. The one thing about Auburns defense Oregon is not used to is how physical they are. After Oregon makes big plays they will be hit hard. Auburn prides itself on laying the lumber on defense and it takes a toll on teams in the second half and they start to change there minds about things.

Just really wanted to share some thoughts and wanted to here different opinions because I am not sold on either side yet, but lean Auburn now.

I am an SEC guy and wanted to here really any opinions but would love to here Pac-10 people or Oregon people tell me why Oregon will not be beat.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

The country wants a non-SEC team to win. 90% of the america is rooting for oregon. Expect several calls to go in favour of oregon. It will eventually come down to the last possession in game....will be a very close game.

Oh..dont forget the heisman QB curse .

jking0606
    Im banned??
    jking0606's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 322

This game want be close auburn will win by 3td+ everyone is missing the huge disadvantage with the size an speed of auburns o an d lines vs the ducks.. Ducks lines will be whore OUT by halftime!!!

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Lean Auburn. Doubted them all year, but now it would be stupid to deny them.

#1 thing is quality of play. SEC is still king. SOS is not much of a difference (Auburn 15th to Oregon 19th), but look who each team has played. Oregon played Stanford...and? And a total of 3 other bowl teams (Wash, Tenn, Zona), that's it. Garbage. Biggest road test was SC, and gave up 386 yards and 32 points.

Auburn played 8 bowl teams and about 5 ranked teams...in the best conference. Biggest road test was @ Bama (definite top 10 team that has underachieved).

#2 is Auburn's 10th ranked rushing Defense. Have to think Auburn has a much better shot to slow Oregon down than vice versa.

Line movement is odd, though. Thought it would be pegged @ -3 minimum, now -1.5. What was Bama last year against Texas? -3.5? I think the gap between Bama and Texas and the gap between Auburn and Oregon is at least as big.
    Last edited by Sunde91; 01-10-11 at 12:50 AM.