MinnesotaFats
    MinnesotaFats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1664

The Big 10 Has To Win One Right?

Ohio State size and speed...Mallett's gonna be erratic and make a few mistakes right?

Who's got a good feel for Mallett's abilities versus a top D?

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Mallett faced two elite defenses this year, and in those games, he threw 4 TDs and 5 INTs (he only threw 11 INT all season) - both games at home (W vs. LSU, L vs. Bama)

vs. Alabama: 25/38, 357 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT (Alabama #13 Ranked Pass Defense in Nation)

vs. LSU: 13/23, 320 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT (LSU #9 Ranked Pass Defense in Nation)

He also struggled against a terrible Auburn Pass D where he went 10/15, 96 yards, 1 TD.

In 6 games vs. Ranked Opponents this season, Mallett has throwing an INT in 5 of those 6 games.

Pride>UFC
    Pride>UFC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    Mallett faced two elite defenses this year, and in those games, he threw 4 TDs and 5 INTs (he only threw 11 INT all season) - both games at home (W vs. LSU, L vs. Bama) vs. Alabama: 25/38, 357 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT (Alabama #13 Ranked Pass Defense in Nation) vs. LSU: 13/23, 320 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT (LSU #9 Ranked Pass Defense in Nation) He also struggled against a terrible Auburn Pass D where he went 10/15, 96 yards, 1 TD. In 6 games vs. Ranked Opponents this season, Mallett has throwing an INT in 5 of those 6 games.
    Bama and LSU > Ohio State

Plus1
    Plus1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1385

Struggled against Auburn? You do realize he didn't play much of that game after sustaining a concussion, right?

Any idea what his stats were in the South Carolina and Mississippi Dy games were?

Also, keep in mind the emergence of Knile Davis -- Bama game wouldve been different if Arkansas had a running game at that time.

Mallett faced two elite defenses this year, and in those games, he threw 4 TDs and 5 INTs (he only threw 11 INT all season) - both games at home (W vs. LSU, L vs. Bama)

vs. Alabama: 25/38, 357 yards, 1 TD, 3 INT (Alabama #13 Ranked Pass Defense in Nation)

vs. LSU: 13/23, 320 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT (LSU #9 Ranked Pass Defense in Nation)

He also struggled against a terrible Auburn Pass D where he went 10/15, 96 yards, 1 TD.

In 6 games vs. Ranked Opponents this season, Mallett has throwing an INT in 5 of those 6 games.

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Pride>UFC View Post
    Bama and LSU > Ohio State
    Not against the PASS they aren't...the numbers don't lie

Ohio State: #6 Pass D

Alabama: #13 Pass D

LSU: #9 Pass D

VegasInsider
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Plus1 View Post
    Struggled against Auburn? You do realize he didn't play much of that game after sustaining a concussion, right?

Any idea what his stats were in the South Carolina and Mississippi Dy games were?

Also, keep in mind the emergence of Knile Davis -- Bama game wouldve been different if Arkansas had a running game at that time.

Of course I realize he didn't play that much, but look at his numbers!! He wasn't playing well against an underrated D to begin with. I'm not arguing that Mallett isn't a GREAT QB, or that he isn't going to have a good game tonight...I'm just trying to point out that Ohio State has an elite defense and Mallett might have a pick or two tonight.

I've already placed my wager on Ohio State -3 tonight

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Not against the PASS they aren't...the numbers don't lie Ohio State: #6 Pass D Alabama: #13 Pass D LSU: #9 Pass D
    Umm the numbers are skewed considering the competition. You do realize the Big 10 is a very run oriented conference. Ohio State is bound to have better numbers considering the fact they have less balls being thrown. Good luck with your wager but Its SEC vs Big 10 and we saw how it ended on Saturday and it will likely end the same way tonite

ringemup
    ringemup's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3171

ive almost puked at times this year watching Big Ten football games this year, it looks like they are playing in slow motion. if u have watched sec football over the years you notice a big difference in the speed of the game and intensity. theres a reason why the SEC produces more NFL players than any other conference theres no mystery behind ohio sts struggle against teams from this league.

arkie boy
    arkie boy's Avatar Become A Pro!

t think you are right , big doy

spongerat
    spongerat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Alabama: #13 Pass D

LSU: #9 Pass D
    the big 10 isn't known for their passing offenses, its like saying how BC and syracuse have top ranked defenses but look at the offenses they went again.

also the big 10 already did win one, Illinois

brewcrew2k
    !
    brewcrew2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11895

OMG- What do you meanm, Ohio State has had a cupcake schedule this year, they have played not competition at all sans wisconsin and Iowa, and they are running teams, Arkasas can run the ball, and they will, Pryor is not that good I'm telling you!

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

they dont play anyone worth a damn though

Adr3nalin3 Ru5h
    Adr3nalin3 Ru5h's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by brewcrew2k View Post
    OMG- What do you meanm, Ohio State has had a cupcake schedule this year, they have played not competition at all sans wisconsin and Iowa, and they are running teams, Arkasas can run the ball, and they will, Pryor is not that good I'm telling you!
    Pryor has always been good hes just choked sometimes like every quaterback does... the thing here is pryor has already been to the bowl games (won last year) and this is arkansas first... this game reminds me of the mich state/ alabama bowl... Alabama is used to the spotlight just like ohio state is and you saw what happened didnt u?

RiverBoatGambler
    RiverBoatGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Adr3nalin3 Ru5h View Post
    Pryor has always been good hes just choked sometimes like every quaterback does... the thing here is pryor has already been to the bowl games (won last year) and this is arkansas first... this game reminds me of the mich state/ alabama bowl... Alabama is used to the spotlight just like ohio state is and you saw what happened didnt u?
    You have to be kidding right??

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Quote Originally Posted by Adr3nalin3 Ru5h View Post
    arkansas 1st bowl game? I must have missed something, please explain.
    does this remind you of the mich state/bama game because its big 10 vs sec again?
    Michigan state went 11-1 and is not used to any spotlight?
    IDK WTF you are talking about.
    I am going to smoke a bowl and try to make sense of your post
    wish me luck

PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by cant call it View Post
    arkansas 1st bowl game? I must have missed something, please explain.
    Does this remind you of the mich state/bama game because its big 10 vs sec again?
    Michigan state went 11-1 and is not used to any spotlight?
    Idk wtf you are talking about.
    I am going to smoke a bowl and try to make sense of your post
    wish me luck
    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Pin Fish
    Pin Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13609

Stregnth of schedule ark 21 ohio state 68..................

money2make
    money2make's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

^^^ strength of schedule????? Ark has played Auburn, LSU Mississippi St. and Alabama; 2 of which that have already completely embarrassed big 10 teams Ohio St. plays throughout the season. There is no comparision as far as strength of schedule goes

The fiddler
    The fiddler's Avatar Become A Pro!

SEC is 3-4 ATS...the Big 10 is 4-3. I look for this trend to continue...And as for Arkansas...this is their first BCS bowl ever.