The Expert
    The Expert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2905

The Expert CFB Thread

Happy 2011 year to everyone, as you might have seen, I've been making threads with my plays in last few days and with new year I'm making one thread for each sport, for easier tracking and searching picks purpose. GOOD LUCK!

The Expert

Game: Northwestern at Texas Tech (Saturday 1/1 18:00 CET)
    Both teams ended regular season with 7-5 SU record, so however Northwestern wasn't playing as they were expected, going 3-9 ATS, they aren't lot worse team than Texas Tech honestly. This spread looks like an exaggeration in here due to both teams last two games in the regular season as Northwestern lost both, while Texas Tech won them. Of course that's true that confidence is on Red Raiders side, however Wildcats losses against Illinois and Wisconsin were rather expected. Generally speaking I think that solid underdogs defense should keep the game close, with DE Brown being in very good form (7 sacks this season). This team has nothing to lose in here, while they might break horrible streak of seven straight bowl losses. Wildcats rushing defense is weak but opponents will be playing mainly through the air in my opinion. What's more the fact that Wildcats are with 2nd string quarterback ain't as important as most think probably. That should be a close game and at the end Tech might pull off the win with Tuberville experience, however won't cover this, quite a big, spread.
    Pick: 245 Northwestern +9.0 @ 1.943

The Expert

Game: Michigan State at Alabama (Saturday 1/1 19:00 CET)
    Alabama is just clearly overrated and however I understand they might have a bigger potential, they're just struggling this year. I just can't believe that 11-1 SU team versus 9-3 SU team is getting 10 points as an underdog and must try the play. McElroy wasn't as superior as he was expected and Crimson Tide lost all three most important games of the season (when they were the least favoured. They were favourites in all games (even against Auburn) and they're again but I don't like all the hype about them. They wouldn't be 9-3 if were that great. Michigan State is a steady team and however they might have had lighter schedule but was capable of some good wins (some as underdogs) and should be ready to have a close game another one time. If Alabama wins this one, it won't be by more than a touchdown, while actually I'm not sure about their straight up win that much.
    Pick: 249 Michigan State +10.0 @ 1.893

Jhaug98
    Jhaug98's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by The Expert View Post
    Game: Michigan State at Alabama (Saturday 1/1 19:00 CET)
    Alabama is just clearly overrated and however I understand they might have a bigger potential, they're just struggling this year. I just can't believe that 11-1 SU team versus 9-3 SU team is getting 10 points as an underdog and must try the play. McElroy wasn't as superior as he was expected and Crimson Tide lost all three most important games of the season (when they were the least favoured. They were favourites in all games (even against Auburn) and they're again but I don't like all the hype about them. They wouldn't be 9-3 if were that great. Michigan State is a steady team and however they might have had lighter schedule but was capable of some good wins (some as underdogs) and should be ready to have a close game another one time. If Alabama wins this one, it won't be by more than a touchdown, while actually I'm not sure about their straight up win that much.
    Pick: 249 Michigan State +10.0 @ 1.893
    I've got to disagree on this one! with Ingram AND Richardson I don't see MSU stopping them much at all and I don't see their offense getting much going. Personally I'd take Bama -10!

Jhaug98
    Jhaug98's Avatar Become A Pro!

What about the Miss St game? I like Miss St -3.5

The Expert

Game: TCU at Wisconsin (Saturday 1/1 23:00 CET)
    The best bet of the bowl day for me and I won't say much about this one. TCU is highly overestimated due to their unbeaten, 12-0 SU record but they aren't as good as though because their schedule was horrible comparing to Badgers. Wisconsin offense is amazing, they're a high-octane team and should be scoring all day long. TCU wasn't challenged at all as they were -20 or -30 favourites whole season, while their theoretically big win over Utah, doesn't convince me because this opponent is average as well. Wisconsin won against Iowa, Michigan, Michigan State and Ohio State, so how come they're field goal underdogs against Texas Christian? I don't get it plus TCU might not handle huge pressure as it's an extremely important one for them.
    Pick: 254 Wisconsin +3.0 @ 1.990
    Last edited by The Expert; 01-01-11 at 08:51 AM.

The Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaug98 View Post
    What about the Miss St game? I like Miss St -3.5
    Personally, I don't bet on this game because it should be a close one, with slight advantage to Mississipi State. Wouldn't be surprised with overtime or close win by Miss State, so -3.5 is very tricky.

The Expert

Game: Connecticut at Oklahoma (Sunday 1/2 2:30 CET)
    Connecticut is first time in BCS bowl game and they have to show up in here, so however Oklahoma is a lot better team, 17 points is too much. Won't be a blowout in my opinion and let's not forget how good at covering (or even winning straight up) are double digits underdogs (already 2-0 SU this season!), so this one is a no-brainer for me. Let's cindarella continues in here.
    Pick: 256 Connecticut +17.0 @ 1.926

The Expert

1-1 -0.067

Michigan State is horrible, what was I thinking?!