WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

CHICK-FIL-A BOWL - Atlanta

All of you old offensive and defensive linemen out there should really love this one. There will be some ground-pounding battles in the trenches and the winner of these battles will probably win the game. Florida State comes in with one of the best O-lines they've had in years. South Carolina will challenge with one of the best run defenses (#10) in the country. Spurrier knows his guys must get pressure on Christian Ponder because his secondary gives up 253 yards per game (#107). Without heat on the quarterback, could be a long night for the Gamecocks.

If South Carolina can protect Steven Garcia, and if Garcia is on target with his passes, then Alshon Jeffery could be major trouble for a young Florida State secondary. The Noles come in averaging 3.5 sacks per game so protecting Garcia is a must. The Gamecocks have given up 28 sacks so you see what I mean when I say this game will be won in the trenches.

Both teams numbers are very similar. FSU averages 31 ppg and SC 32. FSU has given up 20 ppg and SC 23. One factor that just sticks out to me was how bad Spurrier and South Carolina were embarrassed in last year's bowl game. I think they are on a mission for this game and will come out and play a solid game. I like South Carolina to cover. Best of luck with your choice.

hatemybookie
    hatemybookie's Avatar Become A Pro!

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

QB Garcia is a "heart breaker" and has been his entire career at SC. Love his toughness but to many bonehead plays.

He will not start next season, bank on it......good freshman who played some will be the starter. Damn Spurrier needs to grow up and understand he's not at Florida any longer. He kills his defense with his play calling. Frecken D played their hearts out an he consistently put them in tough situations all year with his WILD play calling.

How in the hell did they beat Alabama?

jahred6999
    jahred6999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fresno in the BCS next year!!!

firehoyt
    Are you serious, Clark?
    firehoyt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

The Bama win was obviously a fluke or accident!

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    QB Garcia is a "heart breaker" and has been his entire career at SC. Love his toughness but to many bonehead plays.

He will not start next season, bank on it......good freshman who played some will be the starter. Damn Spurrier needs to grow up and understand he's not at Florida any longer. He kills his defense with his play calling. Frecken D played their hearts out an he consistently put them in tough situations all year with his WILD play calling.

How in the hell did they beat Alabama?

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Stephen Garcia was just terrible. 3 int's in the first half that screwed his team the rest of the way. The defense couldn't get off the field when it counted was also a big blow.

odusmykal
    odusmykal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5944

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post

He will not start next season, bank on it......good freshman who played some will be the starter.
    I was at the game & as soon as i saw Lattimore go down, i knew we were done.. Garcia played horrible.. The kid has played in 3 bowl games & has yet to throw a TD.. Thats bad when your QB has a better record in bowl games catching TD's than he does throwing TD's..