terrortwylight
    Get Action
    terrortwylight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

BOL to both you and zulu.. i'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure

BiffTFinancial
    BiffTFinancial's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5368

thanks, twilight. i can't believe that i'm saying this, but i love ron zook. after getting that 2H over cover, it will be a long time before i shitmouth the zooker again. whoa.

BiffTFinancial

3-0 +10u, punctuated by probably the most ridiculous 2H over possible. 9-4 +13.6 on the bowls, Wisky, U pending. woot.

don't like too much tomorrow. lean Cuse, Nebraska, Army but don't love any of them. like UNL the best. for Friday, lean Clemson, USF/Clemson under, UCF/UGA over.

BiffTFinancial

okay, i've looked and looked, and i think that i'm passing on all four bowl games today and will just watch. will check back in later. BOL to all today, esp to Zulu with his picks (Army/SMU under, K State, UNC, UW).

zuluhead1``1
    zuluhead1``1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTFinancial View Post
    okay, i've looked and looked, and i think that i'm passing on all four bowl games today and will just watch. will check back in later. BOL to all today, esp to Zulu with his picks (Army/SMU under, K State, UNC, UW).
    Just to clarify, I am making picks on all the bowl games from this point on. I haven't had action on all of these. I'm 4-1 on my actual bets.

zuluhead1``1

10-4 on the season. 3-2 in this thread.

For now, a * will denote that I have action on the game.

SMU/Army UNDER. (I keep flip flopping on this pick, this game sucks)
    K State -2.5 (Line jumped since I posted my original picks list)
    NC -1*
    Washington +13 (Looking for a letdown game from Nebraska ala Alabama vs Utah in the Sugar bowl).

BiffTFinancial

BOL, zulu. i think that you've officially talked me into laying off of Nebraska. although i believe that the Pelini brothers are too intense to allow a letdown, double-digit faves in bowl games historically are poison (esp during period between Christmas and New Years), and after my incredible good fortune on the Illinois/Baylor 2H over, i don't feel like pressing my luck with DD chalk. besides, i like about 5 plays friday (booked 4* U -2', plus lean Clemson, USF/Clemson under, UCF/UGA over and FSU) and saturday is one of the best days of the year, so no point in pressing. should be a good day for just watching and rooting for my bowl pools.

zuluhead1``1

Im by no means calling for Nebraska to lose, I just see a tight game. Nebraska wins by 10 max. Then again, I've been known to be wrong from time to time.

zuluhead1``1

Also, I hate the Pelinis. They look like someone took a really old Pug dog and beat it in the face with a sledge hammer. They are the second ugliest family in sports behind those horse-faced Mannings.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by zuluhead1``1 View Post
    Im by no means calling for Nebraska to lose, I just see a tight game. Nebraska wins by 10 max. Then again, I've been known to be wrong from time to time.
    fair enough. i have that one as UNL, 33-13, but i too have been wrong.

Also, I hate the Pelinis. They look like someone took a really old Pug dog and beat it in the face with a sledge hammer. They are the second ugliest family in sports behind those horse-faced Mannings.
    heh heh. yeah, they're jerks. really glad that they and Nebraska are coming to the Big Ten, though. i loved that team last year when they had Suh, but they've underachieved this year. if nothing else, i'm glad that i'm not giving double digits on a big public fave in the face of bad line movement.

BiffTFinancial

3* Clemson -5'

Clemson has better athletes and needs the game more. The Tiger defense is elite, and in two outings against elite defenses this season, USF lost a combined 58-20 (Florida and WVU). The Clemson's edges on the offensive and defensive lines will allow them to control the game from the outset against the plucky but outclassed Bulls. The under looks good too, but waiting to see if can get a better number (currently 41). Clemson and USF have combined to go under 18 of 22 games this year. Clemson, 20-10

BiffTFinancial

line movement on UCF/UGA over is very discouraging. looks as if that one will be no-play.

pending plays
    5* Wisconsin +3
    4* Miami -2'
    3* Clemson -5'

zuluhead1``1

I just lost the K State pick on a moronic Unsportsman penalty.

BiffTFinancial

I just lost the K State pick on a moronic Unsportsman penalty.
    that was a really bad call, and it really took away from the end of a good game. tough beat, man. you nailed Army/SMU under, at least.

ukbsktbll
    ukbsktbll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Any thoughts on a side in the UGA/UCF game.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by ukbsktbll View Post
    Any thoughts on a side in the UGA/UCF game.
    i think that's UGA or nothing, particularly given the downward movement on the total.

zuluhead1``1

Edit: WHAT THE F*** HAPPENED AT THE END OF THE UNC GAME???

zuluhead1``1

So, apparently, after I got pissed and turned off the UNC game, they came back and won it somehow. That is f***ing insane.

Anyway
    3-1 tonight

13-5 on the bowl season.

Up 3 units so far.

zuluhead1``1

now that the shock has worn off, tomorrows games are as follows:

Clemson/USF OVER 40
    The U -3*
    Georgia -6
    FSU +3*

Probable picks for Saturday (I will update if I change before gametime or take a different line):
    Northwestern +9
    Florida -7 (Hate this game)
    Bama -9.5 (Roll Tide)
    Michigan +4.5*
    Wisc +3* (If I weren't a p***y, I would throw half my bankroll on this game)
    UConn +16 (When I lose this game, I will be the first one to call myself an idiot)

Also I teased UConn, Wiscy, and Michigan for 3 units.

BiffTFinancial

3* USF/Clemson under 41
    3* Florida State +3

USF/Clemson total heading back down at some places, so i think that 41 is the best number we're going to get.

updated card
    5* Wisky
    4* Miami -2'
    3* Clemson -5'
    3* USF/Clemson under 41
    3* Florida State +3

for Saturday, leaning Penn State, Mississippi State, UConn, NU/TT under, PSU/UF under, UM/Miss State over. BOL to all today. heading to the gym, back in a couple of hours.

BiffTFinancial

also, it obviously won't count for the record, but if you're looking for some college hoops, Ohio State -12' at Indiana at 6 PM EST looks like a nice value. i expected that line to open at 14-15. this is my first sizable play on college hoops this season.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I like both Purdue, and Ohio St. Today. I just don't know which one is the better pick.

I've been thoroughly surprised that Indy has continued to fall off from national prominence. Bobby Knight is somewhere smiling.

Rick22
    Rick22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Happy New Year Biff. Good luck in 2011.
    After a 3-0 Wed - went 1-3 yesterday. Lost both the Tenn and K State games. Oh well.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I like both Purdue, and Ohio St. Today. I just don't know which one is the better pick. I've been thoroughly surprised that Indy has continued to fall off from national prominence. Bobby Knight is somewhere smiling.
    I'd say that OSU is the better pick, but not by a ton. was discussing NU/Purdue at lunch yesterday with a guy who's a big NU fan, and it all depends upon John Shurna and his ankle. if he plays, i'd avoid the game altogether. if Shurna is out (he returned to practice Wednesday, but status for game still uncertain), Purdue should win by 15-20. heh heh re: Bobby Knight. like you, i can't believe that Crean hasn't gotten IU turned around yet. i think that he'll get it done, but it sure is taking awhile.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by Rick22 View Post
    Happy New Year Biff. Good luck in 2011. After a 3-0 Wed - went 1-3 yesterday. Lost both the Tenn and K State games. Oh well.
    happy new year to you too, Rick. man, UT and K State were both bad beats, sorry dude. i didn't play anything yesterday, and glad that i didn't. good, exciting game for watching (well, at least the first 3 were), but way to erratic for wagering. let's get things headed back in the proper direction today.

BiffTFinancial

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I like both Purdue, and Ohio St. Today. I just don't know which one is the better pick. I've been thoroughly surprised that Indy has continued to fall off from national prominence. Bobby Knight is somewhere smiling.
    Houli, Shurna is starting. no-play for me, BOL whatever you decide.

zuluhead1``1

C'mon Biff, wheres the gratitude for saving you money on Neb yesterday?

Clemson is f***ing me right now.

terrortwylight
    Get Action

biff i'm for sure gonna pound FSU.. zulu i'm going rogue and playing notre lame in the meanwhile i think BOL though

BiffTFinancial

C'mon Biff, wheres the gratitude for saving you money on Neb yesterday? Clemson is f***ing me right now.
    thanks, man! you were all over that one. UNL did not show up, UW wanted it a lot more, just as you expected. Clemson is fkn me two ways right now, ATS and the total. bah.

zuluhead1``1

Quote Originally Posted by terrortwylight View Post
    biff i'm for sure gonna pound FSU.. zulu i'm going rogue and playing notre lame in the meanwhile i think BOL though
    I debated on that one for awhile. If ND shows up like they did against Utah, but I don't see it happening.

BiffTFinancial

BOL, twilight. motivational disparity has been huge so far, and i definitely think FSU will want it more. plus, South Carolina has been straight garbage in bowls under Spurrier. i dunno about ND. i'm on the U. if Randy Shannon were still the coach, sure, but Al Golden is outstanding.

terrortwylight
    Get Action

only one reason i'm not 100% yet, jacory harris is starting.. still trying to decide what to do but i'm leaning ND, played well down the stretch and they're motivated.. i think miami is gonna be out of sorts here, that whole program is jacked right now

terrortwylight
    Get Action

i thought al golden wasn't coaching this thing?? i thought it was supposed to be the o-line coach..

zuluhead1``1

only one reason i'm not 100% yet, jacory harris is starting.. still trying to decide what to do but i'm leaning ND, played well down the stretch and they're motivated.. i think miami is gonna be out of sorts here, that whole program is jacked right now
    Yeah, it will be a good game either way. FSU is definitely the play today.

terrortwylight
    Get Action

Yeah, it will be a good game either way. FSU is definitely the play today.
    3 units for both you guys right?

First 123456 ... Last