dume walker
    dume walker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thoughts on the Okie State/Texas game?

I really like OSU, but concerned about a couple of things. For one, the line's dropped 1.5 points against OSU since it opened. My major concern is -- since OSU has not beat Texas in their house since something like 1944 -- will they be intimidated at Austin? Will they be playing too keyed up and tight like Nebraska seemed to do? I mean, if someone said Texas is going to lose 5 out of its last 6 games against opponents like UCLA, Iowa State, Baylor and Kansas State, who would have guessed that its one win in that group would be against Nebraska, who had home field advantage and the biggest revenge motive of all from last year's one point loss.

So any of you folks from the Oklahoma or Texas... Do you have any insights into what the mindsets will be in this game?

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

This game is so huge for Oklahoma State. Not sure what Texas has left to play for. Their season is pretty much over. Oklahoma State has an opportunity to win the South.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

I like Okie ST. Texas season is done and they were beat by baylor at home

CntryBoy
    CntryBoy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43850

Agreed, I can't see a reason to take Texas here...

dume walker
    dume walker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Appreciate the feedback. But Texas is not quite done just yet. They need to win 2 out of the next 3 in order to become bowl eligible. Seems like they'd be fighting for that, as well as personal pride.

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hell i can't even eat at times with what is going on with the Horns this year. I love them to death so i hate to say this...but you would be crazy not to take OSU.

The only concern for OSU is believing they can finally win a game after all the crazy come from behind wins the Horns have had the last 13 years. The Horns are stuck in the Bermuda Triangle and i just don't see them getting out.

Crazy sidenote; The Horns have outgained every opponent this year yet have a losing record. Outgained KSU by almost 2 to 1 yet got beat by 4 TD's. Never will see a season like this again in my liftime.

Conan
    Conan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 818

I'm going out on the limb and take Texas on this one there stronger then there record would indicate and you should alwase watch out for the team backed into a corner.