CRM20
    Update your status
    CRM20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3160

YTD: 31-16, GA Tech +14

Paul Johnson and his squad are dogs tonight+14. You don't find GA Tech +14 this late in the year. Ga Tech and Nesbitt are coming off a bad loss vs Clemson last week and are looking to rebound strong this week. Nesbitt was horrid vs Clemson and look for him to break the ACC career rushing record for a QB tonight. Everyone has played 9 10 games and teams are worn down and are not all there mentally, teams are doing just enough to get by. Obvious reason for so many upsets happening. This will be a game played in the cold rain which benefits the dogs. In order to GA tech to have success they must do well on the ground obviously the triple option is the key along with containing Taylor(most important) to their overall success. It all starts with Taylor on the other side of the ball, he has been playing extremely well.Probably the best dual threat qb in the nation. With the weather look for him to struggle a bit and this GA tech D has to step up and make plays. Like the two touchdown dogs in the same conf, and GA Tech won last year when VA Tech was ranked #4. I believe Nesbitt and the Defense will play better than people expect. Look for the triple threat to bounce back and get the cover. Paul Johnson is a good coach and will have his boys ready tonight! Gluck
    Ga Tech+14

isg2010
    isg2010's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

The option only works if you are playing against talent that is equal or lesser than yours. VaTech has better and faster talent. This is the same reason Texas was able to stop Nebraska but Neb has pushed around everyone else. The key is what can option teams do when the run is taken away? Neb's answer was drop three sure TD passes. GaTech hasn't shown any ability to pass yet.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

I like Ga Tech +13 (bodog) at first glance especially since they are coming off a bye week and coming off a bad loss to Clemson the last time they took field. I really like the Over in this game but am still in the air on which side. Your write up does have me liking GA Tech a little more. Nice write up!!

bigkrezca32
    bigkrezca32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Been leaning Ga Tech for a few days now..but can't convince myself to play it. Line movement favors Ga Tech though--- VT opened at -14.5 and has since moved to -12.5/-13 despite 65% of bets going on VT.....

LV420
    LV420's Avatar Become A Pro!

Triple option seems to have problems in the rain. Leaning vt -12.5 but have not decided yet.

utmoody10
    utmoody10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 725

The fact that GT hasnt played since the 23rd of October isn't nearly as big of a factor as VT having just as long to prepare for the triple option. When teams are allowed to gameplan for GT's offense they have struggled, see the past two bowl games theyve played in. VT also has a chance to potentially gain another playmaker in Ryan Williams who has been nursing a hamstring injury since the ECU game. Another stat Ive cited in other threads is the special teams play. GT is ranked 113th in net punting yards while VT is ranked 9th in return yardage. One thing you do not want to bring on the road to Blacksburg is a bad special teams unit. Blacksburg will be rocking and the Hokies smell a potential BCS birth. The way I see it, VT 34 GT 17. Best of luck to those on both sides

CRM20
    Update your status
    CRM20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3160

Plus, last time VA tech played in the rain they lost o james madison

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

gt straight up here

Losrace
    Losrace's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whatever being said here, I am go for the points on a rainy day.

caseyking2
    Clemson Tigers!!
    caseyking2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2490

This is so easy but then again its so hard??

Vince Lombardi
    Vince Lombardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19401

Quote Originally Posted by isg2010 View Post
    The option only works if you are playing against talent that is equal or lesser than yours.

I guess that's why Air Force and Navy win so many games each year against schools that have far better talent and advantages recruiting that they don't have. You don't have a clue and the above statement is proof!