dozer
    dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Iowa

Easiest game on the board. They will F up Mich St. believe that.

Mich St. is a pretender, not a contender.

they barely beat michigan, n.d., northwestern. The beat wisconsin, but wisconsin played like shit and isnt built to win by coming back from being down early. iowa is by the the most well-rounded team they ave played. Yes, I know they just lost to Wisconsin, but Stanzi had his worst game and I think he rebounds with a great performance.

last week the first time mich st left the state of michigan. this week the first time they leave the state and play a good team.

38-17

good luck

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

While I agree Iowa will win, it's probably too many points and this post is stupid. Check the recent series history here and get back to us.

I must've missed when Wisconsin was "down early" to MSU -- It was 10-3 Badgers to start the game.

Stanzi didn't play that poorly vs. the Badgers. Fact of the matter is, Iowa has significant issues in the middle of its defense (LB's are very suspect) and on special teams (kicking, kick and punt return coverage).

dozer

it was 22-10 iowa i believe

dozer

at home, coming off loss, better, more experienced team. u cant argue any of those statements.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post
    it was 22-10 iowa i believe
    What was?

Last year, Iowa won 15-13 on a last-second TD.
    Two years ago, MSU won 24-14 in East Lansing.
    Three years ago, Iowa won in like 2 or 3 OT at Kinnick.

Again, I'm not arguing MSU will win this game. I think Iowa prevails. I just think you're playing with fire at 6.5, given how these games have played out in the series recently and given Iowa's glaring weaknesses in the middle of their D, which MSU can exploit knowing their offensive strategy and personnel.

dozer

i think wisc runs the ball a hell of a lot better than mich st. iowa will be well prepared to face such an attack for a second week in a row. i think they win handidly. good luck

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by dozer View Post
    i think wisc runs the ball a hell of a lot better than mich st. iowa will be well prepared to face such an attack for a second week in a row. i think they win handidly. good luck
    Wisconsin has a better OL. Both backfields are talented.

MSU has more playmakers at WR.

Spartans will have problems with Iowa's front four, without question, but if Cousins can stand up and deliver some throws without being sacked much, Iowa's going to give up yardage and points because of their LB's.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

I agree with No C - Iowa laying too many points.

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Unlike Northwestern, if Michigan State is down by 14 to Iowa.... Iowa wont let them back in the game.

I see Iowa winning this one by 10+

oakas
    oakas's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17772

I hope you right dozer.

The Hawkeyes have looked very average on defense the last 2 games.

Good luck.

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

These Big Ten battles are never easy. Killer games to watch, bad games to bet on. I laid off the Wisc. game, I'll be laying off this one too. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Iowa won a close one, wouldn't surprise me a bit if M ST won a close one.

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

your right you cant argue against an opinion until after the fact .

Michigan State -this game is something they havent seen from the defense all year
    and it will be a real challenge - some tight ones this years and the fake field goal to avoid over time
    Iowa with 2 losses -
    Michigan State was beaten in the buzzer beater last year
    Michigan State has every reason in the world to show up in this one defensively

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    These Big Ten battles are never easy. Killer games to watch, bad games to bet on. I laid off the Wisc. game, I'll be laying off this one too. Wouldn't surprise me a bit if Iowa won a close one, wouldn't surprise me a bit if M ST won a close one.
    exactly what i was going to say. it should be a good game, but this game is too unpredictible with two really good teams. since i will be at kinnick i might make a play on the total (leaning the under for sure without looking at the number), but the side could go either way. you know dantonio is pissed about the last second lost at home when these two teams played earlier and the year before that shonn greene got stuffed 4 and 1 with 1:30 left on like the 30 when mich state was up 3 i think.

little iffy
    little iffy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Individual Game Results of Michigan State (vs Iowa), 2005-2009

Date Opponent (record) Result Score Site 10/24/2009vs.*Iowa (11-2)L1315 10/4/2008vs.*Iowa (9-4)W1613 10/27/2007@*Iowa (6-6)L2734

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

Quote Originally Posted by las8 View Post
    i might make a play on the total (leaning the under for sure without looking at the number)

BetJamaica is showing 50.5 o/u, I'm thinking over, but I'll probably lay of that one too.