Cris_from_Europe
    Cris_from_Europe's Avatar Become A Pro!

What do you think of Utah -7 @ Air Force ???

I strongly feel that Utah will cover (or should cover) this spread against a one directional team like Air Force ... The only problem I have with this game is that Utah is playing TCU next week so they could not be 100% focused on the game this week ... I have cashed on Utah for 4 weeks now ... and I think they will cover 7 even if they won't be 100% focused on Air Force ... also last weeks game between TCU and Air Force may have given Utah the solution to stop the 1st ranked rushing attack of the Falcons (which were held to only 184 rush yards). What do you guys think of this game ?

Nepaa
    Nepaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 554

I think Utah covers this game easily.

rofacapper
    rofacapper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 697

Utah -7 is one of my strongest plays this week. Also like the other games you've posted here, GL.

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like Utah to cover this one

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree..Utah has one of the top defenses both pts allowed and against the run in the nation. Utah by double digets.

dngf
    Update your status
    dngf's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 85308

Utah is healthier and has a better balance offense, I like this pick.

goldengreek
    goldengreek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3939

AF + 7

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

Quote Originally Posted by goldengreek View Post
    AF + 7
    Not exactly. That tall grass and high altitude will slow down that Utah team. Air force is dam good at home. I think air force keeps it close.

LTCOL27
    LTCOL27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by fishmonger View Post
    Not exactly. That tall grass and high altitude will slow down that Utah team. Air force is dam good at home. I think air force keeps it close.
    I am an Air Force homer here, so take this lightly fellas, but I agree with Fish and GoldenGreek. Air Force will be fired up to rebound after their embarassment against TCU. I think that they are going to surprise a lot of people here, and stay close in this game until the end. They are very strong at home, and the coaching staff will have them ready to go up against a top ten conference opponent at home. They are also still in 4th place in the Mountain West despite their 2 game losing streak. Utah and Air Force always play each other tough as well. In the past 4 meetings when Air Force was at home against Utah (going back to December 2001), Air Force won once 38-37 as 17 point underdogs. They lost the other 3 games by 2 points, 3 points, and 7 points. The altitude, and their running game, definitely keeps them in games at home as it helps them wear down defenses in the 2nd half (probably the reason that 3 of those 4 Utah vs. Air Force games in Colorado Springs went Over as well.)
    Last edited by LTCOL27; 10-28-10 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Spelling Correction

NJrams
    NJrams's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

The under is the play

jadenandashton
    jadenandashton's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by LTCOL27 View Post
    I am an Air Force homer here, so take this lightly fellas, but I agree with Fish and GoldenGreek. Air Force will be fired up to rebound after their embarassment against TCU. I think that they are going to surprise a lot of people here, and stay close in this game until the end. They are very strong at home, and the coaching staff will have them ready to go up against a top ten conference opponent at home. They are also still in 4th place in the Mountain West despite their 2 game losing streak. Utah and Air Force always play each other tough as well. In the past 4 meetings when Air Force was at home against Utah (going back to December 2001), Air Force won once 38-37 as 17 point underdogs. They lost the other 3 games by 2 points, 3 points, and 7 points. The altitude, and their running game, definitely keeps them in games at home as it helps them wear down defenses in the 2nd half (probably the reason that 3 of those 4 Utah vs. Air Force games in Colorado Springs went Over as well.)
    I saw that you put in your comment that they will want to rebound after an umbarassing loss to TCU last weekend......that was a game that they were supposed to lose and badly might I add. TCU is a top 5 program and Air Force is not even a top 35 team. The umbarassing loss was two weeks ago when they went to San Diego State and got man handled from the beginning of the game pretty much to the end. The score does not reflect how that game was really played out. Losing the games your supposed to lose by however many compared to losing games that you should win is much worse in my opinion. I did a write up for this game on my thread but Utah will cover this spread easily. Keep in mind that Utah is 7-0 against the spread this year. Air Force, regardless of where they are playing will not end that streak this weekend.

LTCOL27
    LTCOL27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by jadenandashton View Post
    I saw that you put in your comment that they will want to rebound after an umbarassing loss to TCU last weekend......that was a game that they were supposed to lose and badly might I add. TCU is a top 5 program and Air Force is not even a top 35 team. The umbarassing loss was two weeks ago when they went to San Diego State and got man handled from the beginning of the game pretty much to the end. The score does not reflect how that game was really played out. Losing the games your supposed to lose by however many compared to losing games that you should win is much worse in my opinion. I did a write up for this game on my thread but Utah will cover this spread easily. Keep in mind that Utah is 7-0 against the spread this year. Air Force, regardless of where they are playing will not end that streak this weekend.
    Like I said, I am a homer, so take my viewpoint lightly. And you are right, they should have lost that game to TCU last week. They believed that they could hang in there with TCU though, and that they can hang in there with anyone, (although what we believe is not always reality of course). The Academy is just a really funny place. If the football team wins, then everyone gets more freedom the following week, the freshman don't get harassed at meals as much, life is just better for everyone for one week, etc. Don't discount their motivation. These games sometimes mean survival and making life easier for not just the football team, but all Air Force cadets.

I have read your threads and you are on fire. If I am wrong, I will be glad that you and the others that tail you cash at least. Thanks for posting your plays, and for posting winners for all of us to tail. I like your NC State and WV plays a lot as well, I will be on those with you. I also caught that you were on East Carolina/Central Florida over... I have a question there that I will post in your thread regarding that game.

Rookie-Capper
    Rookie-Capper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3446

utah is my top rated play I also think they beat tcu next game

Tmack
    Tmack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Utah rotates 11 guys on the D-line so there's no chance of being tired in the 4th quarter. Altitude is no big deal either for Utah. The campus is at 4700' which is only about a 1000' lower than Co Springs. Utah has been beating teh 7 year average margin of victory(with the same teams) by an average of 22 points this season. The average margin of victory over AFA for Utah is 4 points. Give AFA 3 points for being at home and the Utes should beat AFA by 23 points tomorrow. Yes I'm a Ute homer but this game is easy pickings.

Andy Chloe
    i am ready
    Andy Chloe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

utah will win the game but they wiil not cover the spread.
    af + under.gl

stefan084
    stefan084's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

AF is 10-3 last 13 ATS against Utah---just something to think about. i'm still on utah though

trotterhead
    trotterhead's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am liking Utah as well, but it is a possible trap game for the Utes. Utah has one of the best defenses in the nation and I dont think they should have a hard time stopping the run!! However, since they are playing TCU next weekend, I hope they remain focused. But, Utes should cover easy.

Dime Time
    Dime Time's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have been cashing in on Utah almost every week this season, but this week I believe that Air Force will play them tough as they usually do when playing the Utes at home. Smell the upset????

SimonSayz
    SimonSayz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Utah is my second biggest play of the week behind The Ohio State University. Depending on how well I do early tomorrow will dictate on how much I dump on the Utes...I love them.

gardner47
    gardner47's Avatar Become A Pro!

Air Force give me 2

NJrams
    NJrams's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 743

Simon, why do you like Ohio St. so much? I am on the other side.

eonizuka
    eonizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Air Force did well against TCU but I think Utah is better than TCU this season and after a convining win this week they should leap frog TCU and get in the top 5 at least. Going to be a lot of shakeups in the top 10 this week I predict.