steve18
    steve18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 848

Why Florida will Beat Georgia

Florida beat 2 of the 3 teams Georgia has beaten in their 3 game winning streak.

Let's not forget Florida beat Kentucky 48-14. They also beat the Vols 31-17 on the road.

This will be the best team Georgia will face in this four game stretch. Georgia has put up big numbers vs. shit defenses.

Florida has had a bye week to focus on an attainable goal. They can still win the SEC East by beating Georgia here, at Vandy and a game at home vs South Carolina to end.

There is no way Meyer will lose four in a row.

Georgia has beaten up on opponents with not very good defenses.

Vegas wants you to believe Florida is done, but they will win this game. Florida has also been given 13 days to rest injuries.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

I got Georgia.

Florida is a bad team, deal with it.

bamastyle
    bamastyle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 272

lol

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    I got Georgia.

Florida is a bad team, deal with it.
    so is GA

Kubilak
    Kubilak's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been wrong on Georgia all year long. My question is will Meyer play Rainey. It appears he'll play vs. UGA and Meyer and UF have certainly owned UGA these last 10 years.

dume walker
    dume walker's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also to factor in... No love lost between Richt and Meyer. Remember the Georgia team dance in the end zone. How that pissed Meyer off. And the beatdown he put on the Dawgs the next year. Not sure how it will affect this game, but both coaches will want this one under their belts.

I too started thinking no way Florida loses 4 in a row, but does Meyer really have the players to execute his will. I also thought no way he loses 3 in a row playing Miss St at home. Same thing with Texas. Who would've thought they would have lost 3 out of 4, beating Nebraska on the road and losing to UCLA and Iowa State -- who's never beaten them -- at home.

Maybe the bye week will make a difference. But they do seem like teams going in opposite directions.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

is not the fact Florida is on a 3 game losing streak, its the fact two of the losses were @home.

So they cant find a win @home, but you think they are going on the road, and beating a better team???

Its your money.

gators0708
    gators0708's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14372

Im expecting big things out of Rainey this Saturday and rumor is Burton will continue to get more snaps.

thebestthereis
    thebestthereis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8056

i will be enjoying cocktails for this one

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Georgia is playing as well as anyone in the SEC right now. The Dogs will be hard to beat the rest of the season.

jwbama23
    LSUCKS
    jwbama23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

No way UF wins this game. Richts job is on the line and this game would go very far in helping to save it. UF cant and wont be able to score the points to keep up. Not saying UGA will light up the score board all nite but I think if UGA gets to 25 UF wont be able to match that. UF has zero offense and as long as Meyer continues to run a drop back passer in a spread offense they will get the same results.

UGA 28 UF 17

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

News from Gators: Offense ‘modified quite a bit’ for Dogs

7:46 pm October 25, 2010, by Tim Tucker
    With Florida coming off an open date, Georgia coach Mark Richt said Sunday that he expects to see some new things -– “some interesting twists” — from the Gators’ offense on Saturday in Jacksonville.
    Correct, according to Florida coach Urban Meyer.
    “I’m not going to share much with you, but we have modified quite a bit,” Meyer said today during his weekly news conference, which can be viewed on Florida’s website. “I’m obviously not going to say, ‘Here’s what we’re going to do,’ but things are modified.”
    Perhaps more importantly, the open date gave Florida a chance to get healthier, Meyer said.
    “The injury issue, the personnel issue, is real, so that’s going to help, I’m thinking,” he said.
    Running back Jeff Demps has been limited by a foot injury since the Sept. 18 game at Tennessee. (”We got smacked with an injury that just devastated us because we’re not dynamic enough,” Meyer said.) Demps ran on a treadmill Monday and was expected to practice for 20 to 25 snaps, Meyer said.
    Meyer also said there is “good news” about the status of placekicker Caleb Sturgis, who has missed Florida’s past three games because of a stress fracture in his back. “We’re going to try him this week,” Meyer said, “and see what happens.”
    Defensive tackle Jaye Howard, who suffered a sprained ankle in the Oct. 16 game against Mississippi State, will be “good to go” against Georgia, Meyer said.
    As for wide receiver Chris Rainey: Meyer said a decision will be made Thursday on whether Rainey will play against Georgia. Rainey was dropped from the team after he was arrested last month for allegedly sending a threatening text message to a former girlfriend. He was recently reinstated to the roster.
    Florida will enter Saturday’s game on a three-game losing streak and with an offense that is ranked No. 9 in the SEC and No. 89 in the nation.
    Meyer noted in his news conference that Florida already has committed more turnovers this season (14, including eight in the past three games) than in all of the 2008 national-championship season (13). He also said the Gators’ running backs have accounted for only four plays of 20-plus yards this season compared to five in one game (Florida State) last season. Working to improve such deficiencies was a big point of emphasis in practice last week, Meyer said.
    Asked if his team feels a sense of desperation, Meyer said: “I like the word ‘urgency’ instead of ‘desperation.’ ‘Desperation’ sounds awfully desperate. ‘Urgency’ sounds urgent.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog...ga_sports_blog

steve18

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    News from Gators: Offense ‘modified quite a bit’ for Dogs

7:46 pm October 25, 2010, by Tim Tucker
    With Florida coming off an open date, Georgia coach Mark Richt said Sunday that he expects to see some new things -– “some interesting twists” — from the Gators’ offense on Saturday in Jacksonville.
    Correct, according to Florida coach Urban Meyer.
    “I’m not going to share much with you, but we have modified quite a bit,” Meyer said today during his weekly news conference, which can be viewed on Florida’s website. “I’m obviously not going to say, ‘Here’s what we’re going to do,’ but things are modified.”
    Perhaps more importantly, the open date gave Florida a chance to get healthier, Meyer said.
    “The injury issue, the personnel issue, is real, so that’s going to help, I’m thinking,” he said.
    Running back Jeff Demps has been limited by a foot injury since the Sept. 18 game at Tennessee. (”We got smacked with an injury that just devastated us because we’re not dynamic enough,” Meyer said.) Demps ran on a treadmill Monday and was expected to practice for 20 to 25 snaps, Meyer said.
    Meyer also said there is “good news” about the status of placekicker Caleb Sturgis, who has missed Florida’s past three games because of a stress fracture in his back. “We’re going to try him this week,” Meyer said, “and see what happens.”
    Defensive tackle Jaye Howard, who suffered a sprained ankle in the Oct. 16 game against Mississippi State, will be “good to go” against Georgia, Meyer said.
    As for wide receiver Chris Rainey: Meyer said a decision will be made Thursday on whether Rainey will play against Georgia. Rainey was dropped from the team after he was arrested last month for allegedly sending a threatening text message to a former girlfriend. He was recently reinstated to the roster.
    Florida will enter Saturday’s game on a three-game losing streak and with an offense that is ranked No. 9 in the SEC and No. 89 in the nation.
    Meyer noted in his news conference that Florida already has committed more turnovers this season (14, including eight in the past three games) than in all of the 2008 national-championship season (13). He also said the Gators’ running backs have accounted for only four plays of 20-plus yards this season compared to five in one game (Florida State) last season. Working to improve such deficiencies was a big point of emphasis in practice last week, Meyer said.
    Asked if his team feels a sense of desperation, Meyer said: “I like the word ‘urgency’ instead of ‘desperation.’ ‘Desperation’ sounds awfully desperate. ‘Urgency’ sounds urgent.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/uga-sports-blog...ga_sports_blog
    Beating 2 shit and 1 decent SEC team Florida beat by 21 more than Georgia doesn't quality as a hot streak. Florida is winning this game.

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

Quote Originally Posted by thebestthereis View Post
    i will be enjoying cocktails for this one

I will be listening to Too Short's Cocktails before kickoff

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Georgia ran the score up on teams that can't stop anyone. Much closer game this Saturday - esp. if Rainey plays.

steve18

Quote Originally Posted by dmtrader View Post
    Georgia ran the score up on teams that can't stop anyone. Much closer game this Saturday - esp. if Rainey plays.
    Glad someone knows what I'm talking about.

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Rainey doesn't change a whole lot honestly.

Getting Jeff Demps back to health means a 100x more.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

Florida is receiving votes in the Harris Poll, which the BCS uses as one-third of its formula. In fact the Gators rank 27th, and moved up a spot last week despite playing. Esteemed voters in the Harris include Gus Frerotte, who once injured himself after banging his head against a wall to celebrate a touchdown.

Speaking of the polls (the AP one), this will be the first time in 31 years both Florida and Georgia are unranked when they play.

Want to know why Urban Meyer is working on his offense? Florida ranks ninth in the league in scoring offense and total offense. For the school of Tim Tebow and Steve Spurrier, that’s Ron Zook territory.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Like I said in a previous post, the key to UGA's defense playing well is playing teams that can't pass. UGA will score points as long as Bobo does try to take AJ Green out of the game, but if UF can't pass the ball then it'll be UGA's game to lose...which they've shown they are capable of doing.

eonizuka
    eonizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!

Florida hasn't shown much in the way of offense but their defense should be able to hold Georgia. I'm also counting on the Gators to win the battle of turnovers.

steve18

Gonna make for an interesting contest come Saturday

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I talked to Mark Richt today. He said that the team is breaking out pink helmets to fire up the troops for the game.

Also, expect a huge celebration after UGA's first score. We're talking fireworks and maybe Aaron Murray spewing some Bud Lights all over the place Stone Cold Steve Austin style. Richt also said he's going to take the gang swimming if they win. Should be a lot of motivation for UGA to win this one.

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

Florida is 26-2 with meyer in the East
    but its a good year for Georgia to beat him
    Thats all I have to say about that

steve18

Georgia's 3 wins are opponents with a record of 8-14.
    Florida's 3 losses are to teams with a record of 17-4.

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I talked to Mark Richt today. He said that the team is breaking out pink helmets to fire up the troops for the game.

Also, expect a huge celebration after UGA's first score. We're talking fireworks and maybe Aaron Murray spewing some Bud Lights all over the place Stone Cold Steve Austin style. Richt also said he's going to take the gang swimming if they win. Should be a lot of motivation for UGA to win this one.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I can't help myself with these...

steve18

Line down to +2. Here comes all the Florida bettors.

HuBu
    HuBu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 774

Thanks for the writeup and play. putting pts on Florida.

steve18

Florida down to +1. It will be a pick em by game time.

mmike032

already a pk at some shops.
    pk is the right line IMO
    team with the ball last wins.
    FLA w/ their punter kicking FGs may be a factor

mmike032

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    already a pk at some shops.
    pk is the right line IMO
    team with the ball last wins.
    FLA w/ their punter kicking FGs may be a factor

mmike032

and UGAs back to form under the recent Richt era
    3 TOs in 1st half, defense getting gashed, secondary cant manage to get w/in 10 YDs of a play.
    2nd half I expect no less than -40 YDs with dumb penalties.

tbond10
    tbond10's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over 48 $$$$

nebraskasux
    nebraskasux's Avatar Become A Pro!

Come on georgia, get it done. They've really looked like the better team all game to me.

Edit: or not
    Last edited by nebraskasux; 10-30-10 at 05:47 PM.

steve18

Shouldn't have been as close as it was. But Florida wins. Sorry Georgia. Not this year. Enjoy your 5-7 finish.