HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

If you are betting Oklahoma, don't expect your money back.

Just mark it down as a charitable donation on your taxes.

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

i like your new avatar a lot

aznjeff07
    aznjeff07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 710

what's your reasoning? That's just like one of the other hundreds of other people posting ___ is a lock..

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by aznjeff07 View Post
    what's your reasoning? That's just like one of the other hundreds of other people posting ___ is a lock..
    Show me a quote of someone posting mizzou is a lock.

I'm not going to give any reasoning, b/c no matter what I post someone is going to refute it.

I don't come to ague, but to offer a warning betting Oklahoma on their name. Oklahoma is not even a top 20 team to me.

If you disagree that is fine, but a Oklahoma -3 bet is no better than a donation to the books.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

i dont say lock, but i will say missouri is one of the most underrated teams. they will easily this weekend. I honestly think okla loses and oregon has a shot at losing tonight.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    i dont say lock, but i will say missouri is one of the most underrated teams. they will easily this weekend. I honestly think okla loses and oregon has a shot at losing tonight.
    Oregon is losing next week @USC. That's a lock.

aznjeff07

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Show me a quote of someone posting mizzou is a lock. I'm not going to give any reasoning, b/c no matter what I post someone is going to refute it. I don't come to ague, but to offer a warning betting Oklahoma on their name. Oklahoma is not even a top 20 team to me. If you disagree that is fine, but a Oklahoma -3 bet is no better than a donation to the books.
    Nowhere did i say that anyone said mizzou is a lock. I'm just looking for insight on your pick, because honestly i don't see a reason to pick mizzou besides ou's crappy secondary and their ability to give up big plays once or twice a game. I haven't seen mizzou play yet, however i have season tix for ou and know what they can do

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

you are full of sh*t. Mizzou is not ready for the big time. Sooners roll.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Please donate your money. It will only promise that my book has enough liquidity to pay me.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by las8 View Post
    i like your new avatar a lot
    The
    Boys from Iowa City are always underrated.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Oregon is losing next week @USC. That's a lock.

That's rather bold. i hope your right, but it doesn't appear USC has what it takes to beat a quality opponent. They get close, but just can't quite get there.

jeeves
    jeeves's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah Mizzou showed me alot of grit in that McNeese St. game...

artie81
    artie81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1633

Missouri takes this game their defense is very underrated. They handcuffed Texas AM last week at home in a must win game for A&M in the conference, and their offense is similar to Cincy's who nearly beat the Sooners. Missouri will finally beat Oaklahoma this week. Put a yard on it!!!!!!

kurt_06518
    kurt_06518's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

i am honestly shocked at how much respect oklahaoma is not getting, this makes me feel very good about my bet. Alot of haters questioning how oklahoma is ranked number 1, they will use this game as their platform to demonstrate why they are.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post

That's rather bold. i hope your right, but it doesn't appear USC has what it takes to beat a quality opponent. They get close, but just can't quite get there.
    USC + the points is a Dime bet for me.

lyon804

USC + the points is a Dime bet for me.

Oh, so you backed off your talk. It was winning or as you say upsettting Oregon now coveriing the # will do

BTW, just fukking with you. Oregon hasn't been as dynamic on the road against a quality opponent and i think USC passes as a quality opponent.

What you think the line will be?

My guess is Oregon -6

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4473

Just mark it down as a charitable donation on your taxes.

WOW ...

lyon804

I say it opens at -6 and closes at your #

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I keep hearing about how great this Mizzou defense is yet they gave close to 500 yards against San Diego State and had to come back and score a touchdown in the final minute to win the game 27-24.

This isn't a great OU team by Stoop's standards but they are still good and still have better players than Missouri. That's not to say that Mizzou can't win the game but if Mizzou wins it will be an upset.

OU has beaten two teams that are in the BCS top 20 (Texas and Florida State). OU also beat Air Force and went on the road in a tough environment and beat Cincinnatti.

OU has only trailed for like 6 minutes all season and that was in the 1st quarter against Cincy.

OU has held large leads in just about every game.

- 28-10 over Texas in the forth quarter
    - 15 point lead against Cincy in the forth quarter
    - 17 point lead against Air Force in the forth quarter.
    - 21-0 over Utah State

This OU team is young and they have taken their foot off of the pedal in the second half.

Missouri hasn't beat a ranked team all season and they are getting all sorts of love. I don't understand it. It was like last week when Nebraska was getting a ton of love and I was trying to tell people they hadn't played anyone all season. What happened? They lost to the team that had the better players in Texas.

If you have an opinion that OU will lose and you give reasoning behind it I can respect that. If you say OU is going to lose this game and then follow it up by saying that aren't even a top 20 without giving one reason, you look like an idiot.

Someone name 10 teams that are better than OU?

It's funny that everyone is hyping Oregon when they have only beat one team with a winning record. Then people were hyping Nebraska and Mizzou when they haven't even played anyone.

man_of_steel
    man_of_steel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 646

I like mizz here. And top teams been gettn upset every week so this might be another

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I see some very charitable people in here, and I applaud them for their generosity.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I keep hearing about how great this Mizzou defense is yet they gave close to 500 yards against San Diego State and had to come back and score a touchdown in the final minute to win the game 27-24.

This isn't a great OU team by Stoop's standards but they are still good and still have better players than Missouri. That's not to say that Mizzou can't win the game but if Mizzou wins it will be an upset.

OU has beaten two teams that are in the BCS top 20 (Texas and Florida State). OU also beat Air Force and went on the road in a tough environment and beat Cincinnatti.

OU has only trailed for like 6 minutes all season and that was in the 1st quarter against Cincy.

OU has held large leads in just about every game.

- 28-10 over Texas in the forth quarter
    - 15 point lead against Cincy in the forth quarter
    - 17 point lead against Air Force in the forth quarter.
    - 21-0 over Utah State

This OU team is young and they have taken their foot off of the pedal in the second half.

Missouri hasn't beat a ranked team all season and they are getting all sorts of love. I don't understand it. It was like last week when Nebraska was getting a ton of love and I was trying to tell people they hadn't played anyone all season. What happened? They lost to the team that had the better players in Texas.

If you have an opinion that OU will lose and you give reasoning behind it I can respect that. If you say OU is going to lose this game and then follow it up by saying that aren't even a top 20 without giving one reason, you look like an idiot.

It's funny that everyone is hyping Oregon when they have only beat one team with a winning record. Then people were hyping Nebraska and Mizzou when they haven't even played anyone.

Sharp Post

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Alabama, Boise St.(Which has already proven in the past), TCU, Auburn, Oregon, Iowa, Michigan St., Cincy(Fluke win on OU's part), Oregon St. That's all that comes to mind.

I didn't come to argue though, only a friendly warning.

I wish all a great day with their wagering

BigDofBA

I see some very charitable people in here, and I applaud them for their generosity.
    I just gave a lot of reasons why people should like OU -3 in this spot. This line should closer to 7 or 8 imo.

You haven't given one reason as to why you think Mizzou will win the game. You then said OU wasn't even a top 20 team which made you lose more credibility.

People can take Mizzou based on "well, a lot of teams have been getting upset lately..". I'll take the team that has played the tougher schedule, is currently ranked #1, has a better coaching staff, and has better athletes on both sides of the ball.

I'm not saying that this game is a slam dunk for OU. Mizzou is certainly capable of pulling an upset at home. With that said, if this game was played 10 times, OU would probably cover the spread in 7 of them. I certainly like those odds.

If people like Mizzou and have reasons for it then I can respect that but at least have something to back up your opinion.

BigDofBA

Alabama, Boise St.(Which has already proven in the past), TCU, Auburn, Oregon, Iowa, Michigan St., Cincy(Fluke win on OU's part), Oregon St. That's all that comes to mind.

I didn't come to argue though, only a friendly warning.
    Since Boise St. beat OU in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl it means they are better than OU in 2010? So I guess since OU beat TCU 35-10 in 2008 that means OU is better than TCU this season, correct?

You think a three loss Oregon State team is better? You think Cincy is better even though OU beat them at Cincy?

I agree that Alabama, Boise, and Oregon are better but after that it's debatable. I would rank all three of those teams above OU myself. With that said, this is a very young OU team that is ahead of schedule. OU is actually getting better as the season goes on.

I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm just having a discussion. If you truly feel those teams are better then so be it.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 10-21-10 at 01:32 PM.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Oregon St. lost to TCU, and Bosie St. both redeemable losses. The loss to Washington on a 2pt conversion attempt.

The win @ Cincy was a fluke. I will explain it to you if you didnt watch the game.

BigDofBA

Oregon St. lost to TCU, and Bosie St. both redeemable losses. The loss to Washington on a 2pt conversion attempt. The win @ Cincy was a fluke. I will explain it to you if you didnt watch the game.
    So if OU loses to Okie State, A&M, and Mizzou I guess we should stay in the top 10 because those are redeemable losses.

I watched the Cincy game. OU played like trash and let a 15 point forth quarter lead evaporate. They were fortunate to win but they did what they had to do and came away with the win.

What team doesn't have a close call throughout the season?

Just out of curiosity, are you placing a large wager on Mizzou since you are so confident?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

aznjeff07

i give respect to some of the people that have been on this forum longer than i have....but you and jjgold have completly lost all of it with your posts within the last week

1. no reason for your mizzou pick
    2. naming ten teams that are better than ou, at least half of which are just idiotic
    3. pushing that mizzou is better with still no reasons when multiple people call you out
    4. making a completly useless thread like some of the hacks, noobs, or degenerates that are on here

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

i give respect to some of the people that have been on this forum longer than i have....but you and jjgold have completly lost all of it with your posts within the last week

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

You must have missed my last HomeDog winner

Wisky over Ohio St,

aznjeff07

so what if ou wins? you going to start posting threads with some content?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

so what if ou wins? you going to start posting threads with some content?
    I will be out of $1000

aznjeff07

fair enough. a loss of a grand is tough enough...either way the point is i view the forums as a place to exchange thoughts of why certain teams might win or lose, not a place to post ___team bc i said so..

123 Last