GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Oregon +800 to win BCS Championship

Oregon +800 (1x)

These bets are the toughest to make because only two teams get a shot at the BCS championship. So when looking into this you say first, who are the contenders? Right now here are the unbeaten teams:
    Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State, Utah, TCU, Oregon, LSU, Alabama, Aubrun, Arizona, Boise St, Nevada.

Right off the bat you can cross off Kansas State, Missouri, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, and Nevada as they just don't have the talent to go unbeaten. Now we know who is unbeaten and who realistically can go unbeaten. Now we have to see whose schedule is set up good enough to go undefeated heading into the conference championships. Ohio State has a rough road, @ Wisconsin, @ Iowa and Rivalry games vs Penn State and Michigan are always tricky. I think the drop one game this year eliminating them and putting them in the Rose Bowl. Utah has a few tough games lined up. vs TCU, @ Air Force, @ Notre Dame. Don't think they can do it. Don't see Nevada making it out alive. Arizona would have to pull a miracle to win out @ Stanford, vs USC, and @ Oregon. No way LSU wins @ Florida, @ Auburn, vs Alabama, and @ Arkansas. Auburn also has too tough of a road to get there.

So that leaves us with Nebraska, Oklahoma, TCU, Boise State, Oregon, and Alabama. Now assuming TCU and Boise win out you look at their schedules and do they have enough to make it? Boise has a win over Va Tech that doesn't look as great as it did and Oregon St who is average. The only win they gain anything from is winning @ Nevada. That is not enough to get them in over a one loss Big Ten, Big 12, or SEC team. Can Nebraska do it with a few tough games left and a frosh at QB? Well Nebraska typically has games where they absolutley dominate but they always seem to have atleast one stinker where they just can't move offensivley. I don't think so. Oregon has to win @ USC, vs Oregon St, and vs Arizon. Very, very winnable games. Especially the way the USC defense has looked at times.

So realistically I think Oklahoma, Alabama, and Oregon have a shot to go undefeated and make the BCS game. +800....sure....give it to me.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

8-1 is superb value; gotta jump on that.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

It really is. I think we are on the way to an Albama-Oregon title game.

eagleye24
    eagleye24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

I think an alabama oregon game would be a great title game. but since im an oregon fan i would love to see the ducks face off with boise st or ohio st to get some revenge

Boscoe
    Boscoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

ou +1000.... thinking about adding them both.

frankthetank
    frankthetank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Oregon is the best team in the country IMO. No doubt.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank View Post
    I wouldn't go that far but they certainly are a great team. Personally I think Alabama, Ohio State, and Boise State are all better teams. Oregon's schedule just sets up perfect for an undefeated year. They drew Stanford, Oregon St, and Arizona all at home where they don't lose. I think only USC stands in their way.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

But what if Ohio St, Alabama, and Oregon all finish undefeated...

Do you still think it would be Oregon and Alabama in the title game? Or are you banking on an Ohio St loss?

tenpinxx
    tenpinxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1110

i think or should jump ohio st

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by PAYTON20 View Post
    But what if Ohio St, Alabama, and Oregon all finish undefeated...

Do you still think it would be Oregon and Alabama in the title game? Or are you banking on an Ohio St loss?
    I don't think Ohio St wins @ Iowa, @ Wisconsin, vs Penn St, and vs Michigan. I can see them winning three of those but not all four. Also don't think Alabama goes undefeated.

However, if they were all going to go undefeated I think it's Ohio St-Alabama.

mightyminnow
    mightyminnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

could never take it now after seeing 50-1 preseason.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by mightyminnow View Post
    could never take it now after seeing 50-1 preseason.
    Why? A lot has changed since the pre-season. Oregon has passed through tough tests @ Arizona State, @ Tennessee, and vs Stanford. They have proved they won't miss a beat without Masoli. Plus, teams like Florida, Texas, Virginia Tech, Stanford, and Iowa who were pre-season contenders now have lost.

cowboyfan08
    cowboyfan08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

BOL,BJ I ALSO LIKE DUCKS!!!!!

TylerDurden
    TylerDurden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    I wouldn't go that far but they certainly are a great team. Personally I think Alabama, Ohio State, and Boise State are all better teams. Oregon's schedule just sets up perfect for an undefeated year. They drew Stanford, Oregon St, and Arizona all at home where they don't lose. I think only USC stands in their way.
    They actually play at OSU last game of the season. OSU is a marginal team this year, but always a tough game.

I think Oregon is the best team in the country right now. They're biggest weakness last year with Massoli was downfield passing (as you saw OSU's big D line was able to contain the run game and exploit this weakness), but that is a strength of Darron Thomas. I truly believe their offense cannot be stopped with the athletes they have right now, assuming no one gets hurt of course. People will rag on their defense, as they've struggled a bit early in games, but the fact of the matter is they give up less yd's per play than Alabama's and have given up only one TD in the second half all year. Lastly they are coached incredibly well. Kelly is smart and ballsy when he needs to be, and most importantly he does an incredible job keeping his team focused week to week.

There are only two things I see keeping them out of the title game...a key injury (specifically at QB or RB), or Bama & Ohio State winning out (as I think the country will vote OSU ahead of them simply based on last years results and the publicity OSU gets...fair or unfair). Overall a great bet though...I will be taking this no doubt.

Donkwin47
    Donkwin47's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

I don't think Ohio St wins @ Iowa, @ Wisconsin, vs Penn St, and vs Michigan. I can see them winning three of those but not all four. Also don't think Alabama goes undefeated.

However, if they were all going to go undefeated I think it's Ohio St-Alabama.
    OSU will handle Michigan with EASE.. Iowa is going to put Michigan in their place next week. Been waiting for that game for weeks. If OSU loses it will be @ Iowa or @ Wisky. Penn State has a small chance, but they're not what they were a couple years ago. OSU should handle them.

Bama is one of the best teams college has seen in decades. Better than last year, and is a LOCK to make the national championship. WIll most likely go undefeated, too.

Lazyboy311
    Lazyboy311's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

Love the initial write-up.

Additionally, I respect the hell outta what Oregon did vs Stanford. Came out, go punched in the mouth, took it, and came back saying "watch how we roll".

Not saying they're some sick fav to win, but you do bring out the point that they have an awfully great shot at getting there. Definite Value here...like the play...may end up loving it.

RibbedTrojan
    RibbedTrojan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

I'm down with Oregon.. Good write ups guys

PAYTON20

Does anyone realistically see anyone besides these 4 teams having a shot at winning the National Championship:
    1. Alabama
    2. Ohio State
    3. Oregon
    4. Nebraska

I know people are going to say Oklahoma, but I don't think they'll make it. Especially having to face Nebraska in the Big 12 title game most likely. Same with Boise St. - yes they might go undefeated BUT a 1-loss Ohio St or Alabama would still advance to the National Championship over Boise because of the strength of schedule. VTech's terrible loss and mediocre performance this season has killed their shot. Plus, even if Oklahoma or Boise did make the title game...would they really be able to beat someone like Alabama, OSU or Oregon?

If you can narrow it down to the 4 teams listed above there is a money making opportunity.
    Alabama +230, Ohio State +500, Oregon +800, Nebraska +950

Bama 100/230, OSU 40/200, Oregon 25/200, Nebraska 21/200. If Bama wins you win 144. OSU wins 54, Oregon wins 39, Nebraska wins 35

Of course if another team won you'd lose 186. Depending on how confident you are in this, you could double, triple the bet amounts etc. The thing I like most about this is that you win the most if Alabama, everyone's top favorite, wins it all again.

Thoughts? Just throwing this one out there...
    Last edited by PAYTON20; 10-08-10 at 05:56 PM.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Does anyone realistically see anyone besides these 4 teams having a shot at winning the National Championship:
    1. Alabama
    2. Ohio State
    3. Oregon
    4. Nebraska

I know people are going to say Oklahoma, but I don't think they'll make it. Especially having to face Nebraska in the Big 12 title game most likely. Same with Boise St. - yes they might go undefeated BUT a 1-loss Ohio St or Alabama would still advance to the National Championship over Boise because of the strength of schedule. VTech's terrible loss and mediocre performance this season has killed their shot. Plus, even if Oklahoma or Boise did make the title game...would they really be able to beat someone like Alabama, OSU or Oregon?

If you can narrow it down to the 4 teams listed above there is a money making opportunity.
    Alabama +230, Ohio State +500, Oregon +800, Nebraska +950

Bama 100/230, OSU 40/200, Oregon 25/200, Nebraska 21/200. If Bama wins you win 144. OSU wins 54, Oregon wins 39, Nebraska wins 35

Of course if another team won you'd lose 186. Depending on how confident you are in this, you could double, triple the bet amounts etc. The thing I like most about this is that you win the most if Alabama, everyone's top favorite, wins it all again.

Thoughts? Just throwing this one out there...
    I mean realistically yes OU has a shot. Boise would too if they were to make it. But you never know, some of these one loss teams could sneak in if things break right. Good luck. To me, nobody is beating Bama but 8/1 if Oregon makes it sets up a nice hedge.

SR
    SR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 145

Alabama would crush any pac 10 team.

PAYTON20

Looking great now after Alabama's loss and the new projected BCS rankings. Wish I would've got it at +800, down to +450 now...

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Yup, yup.

mightyminnow
    mightyminnow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Why? A lot has changed since the pre-season. Oregon has passed through tough tests @ Arizona State, @ Tennessee, and vs Stanford. They have proved they won't miss a beat without Masoli. Plus, teams like Florida, Texas, Virginia Tech, Stanford, and Iowa who were pre-season contenders now have lost.
    Probably cause I knew they'd be better off w/o Masoli and I'm a little bitter about not hitting the future when I should have. Gl with your play though, their offense is incredible and their db's have been the best in college football the last 5 years imo. The play definitely has value.

Watch out for the game at Berkeley. When I discussed this game with a few Duck alums before the season we all agreed then and still do now that would be their toughest game of the season.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Ohio St drops @ Wisconsin as I said they might. Bet looks better and better by the week.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Oklahoma goes down.

Big test this week for Oregon, toughest test of the year.

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19599

Looking very good right now; Ducks won't have any problem with USC.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkHorseplayer View Post
    Looking very good right now; Ducks won't have any problem with USC.
    False.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

#1 in the BCS. Rest of the schedule is all very winnable.

Quack.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Oregon +800 (1x)

These bets are the toughest to make because only two teams get a shot at the BCS championship. So when looking into this you say first, who are the contenders? Right now here are the unbeaten teams:
    Kansas State, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Ohio State, Utah, TCU, Oregon, LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Arizona, Boise St, Nevada.
    Utah and TCU meet up this week bringing us down to just 4 unbeaten teams. Auburn still has Georgia, @ Alabama, and an SEC title game. Trying to think if Oregon drops to Arizona or Oregon St can they still make it?

PAYTON20

Fukk me sideways for not taking this BJ. Was soooo close too but as a loyal Washington fan I couldn't bring myself to bet and root for the Ducks. You got a winner here. At the very least you'll have a killer hedge opportunity

PAYTON20

Utah and TCU meet up this week bringing us down to just 4 unbeaten teams. Auburn still has Georgia, @ Alabama, and an SEC title game. Trying to think if Oregon drops to Arizona or Oregon St can they still make it?
    Don't think so because a 1-loss Alabama or Auburn would probably be ranked higher in the BCS. Also Boise or TCU with an undefeated record might be higher.

I seriously doubt Oregon loses though man. I think you're golden

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

Quote Originally Posted by frankthetank View Post
    100% they will win whoever they play , imo

TheCommish
    TheCommish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Great pic. Thanks for posting it.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN

Will Auburn lose?

12 Last