cooway
    cooway's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mizzu giving 20 to any team???

Any backers out there see something that I dont? Miami Ohio has actually played well this year. They beat Col State last week 31 - 10. Played well in the Swamp vs Florida. And now they are getting 20 from a Mizzu that needed a fluke last second TD to beat San Diego State at home last Saturday. Anybody have any insight here? Thanks!

daprospecta
    daprospecta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I saw this game earlier was on it for 17 but I checked it today and I saw it was down to 13.5 so I wasn't confident enough in it. I thought the under still had value though.

kempf
    kempf's Avatar Become A Pro!

im not touching this and you could very well cash with the points but being a long time Mizzou fan ive noticed that after they do there typical struggling in a game like they did against SDS, Pinkle likes to have them come back and wax the last cupcake they play before getting into conf play....like i said i have no interest in this game other than being a fan, so gl whatever you decide.

cooway
    cooway's Avatar Become A Pro!

thanks Kempf! It is currently at -20. Not seeing 13.5 anywhere

CMangano
    CMangano's Avatar Become A Pro!

This one is tough for me. I have this game capped at +16.5 for Miami Ohio so +20 seems like a bargain. What worries me is the strength of that Mizzou D is their pass defense and that is really all Miami Ohio does well. It's hard for me to take a team that is one-dimensional on offense against a team who's defensive strength is in that same area. I don't think Miami Ohio +20 is bad just not sure I would put money on it.

Serbone
    Serbone's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are right.
    Missouri has a quality QB, Gabbert, NFL material; that is it.
    After that they are thin, huge drop off in talent from last 3-4 yrs. OL is solid, that's it.
    No running game at all (lost #1 RB to suspension), receivers below par of past (Maclin, Alexander, Coffman, etc.).
    No notable defenders like Witherspoon, Hood, William Moore, etc.
    Outgained by SD St at home.
    I like the points, but you do not want to bet LARGE on Miami, Ohio. Colorado State win not worth mentioning.
    Missouri will get POUNDED in Big 12 play, will beat Colorado then lose 4 or 5 of next six.
    Medium play, Miami O + 20.

kempf
    kempf's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Serbone View Post
    You are right.
    Missouri has a quality QB, Gabbert, NFL material; that is it.
    After that they are thin, huge drop off in talent from last 3-4 yrs. OL is solid, that's it.
    No running game at all (lost #1 RB to suspension), receivers below par of past (Maclin, Alexander, Coffman, etc.).
    No notable defenders like Witherspoon, Hood, William Moore, etc.
    Outgained by SD St at home.
    I like the points, but you do not want to bet LARGE on Miami, Ohio. Colorado State win not worth mentioning.
    Missouri will get POUNDED in Big 12 play, will beat Colorado then lose 4 or 5 of next six.
    Medium play, Miami O + 20.
    agree totally Mizzou will not hold up in the big-12, personally i hate there offense, it is so easy to disrupt for a team with athletes. imo losing there rb pretty much killed any chance they had of being competitive in the north, only teams i see them being better than are col and kansas. still would worry about them running the score in this one.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

wait before you bet guys. Miami has a RB, LB, and 2 OL questionable for this game and all start! If a couple play I like tthem too!

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think mizz hangs one on them....

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Another Mizzou fan, former I should say. Once I moved away and didn't have to follow that idiotic and ridiculously inconsistent program again, I chose not to.

I never play them, because as I just alluded to, you can't put your finger on them ever. Nobody has made good money betting for or against Mizzou in the long term. They either play brilliant or completely retarded, and who they're playing usually has nothing to do with it.

Always a stay-away game for me. It's not the answer anybody wanted to hear, but trust me on this.