loudpacmanjones
    SBR's RESIDENT ASSHOLE
    loudpacmanjones's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

first post..dont flame plz..

what do you guys think of this 6 team parlay i got set up..?

09/18/10 Alabama -24
    15:35 ET
    09/18/10 BoiseSt -23.5
    20:05 ET
    09/18/10 TexasA&M -27.5
    19:00 ET
    09/18/10 PennSt -21
    12:05 ET
    09/18/10 OregonSt -19.5
    17:30 ET
    09/18/10 OhioSt -30.5
    12:00 ET

im totally willing to remove one or two picks.. to make the chance of hitting it a little higher percentage.

thanks for everyones help in advance.

ACCBlitz
    ACCBlitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everyones gonna tell you to drop Boise. I personally have them covering, but there are sound reasons to go against them. One of the few times I'm running off my gut.

Ohio State, I know it's Ohio BUT coming off such a big win, I'd worry about a backdoor cover. I could see them being up by 35 and allowing a late game TD.

Alabama should win huge. Should. I'd be worried they're looking ahead to conference play against a good Arkansas team. They'll win, but by how much is questionable.

I like the other plays though

Pain44
    Pain44's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like your boise st,alabama, and ohio st. Not sure about the rest but good luck

loudpacmanjones
    SBR's RESIDENT ASSHOLE

my logic for boise is that they HAVE to cover spreads from here on out to solidify themselves. and im sure the coaching staff and players there know that too.

but yeah i totally hear you on the ohio st game.

EDIT: what do you think about the A&M play?

Sean81
    Sean81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

Its key to find coaches with high point spread awareness for these kinds of bets. SMU might be worth a look.

loudpacmanjones
    SBR's RESIDENT ASSHOLE

I'm putting smu in there thinking about removing Oregon or Penn state..

A&m should cover against floirda international.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

I like the Penn State pick but not enough to bet it. Can't really put my finger on why, just don't like it. Possibly not sure how PSU will rebound after that thrashing from 'bama.

Don Giovanni
    Don Giovanni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post
    I like the Penn State pick but not enough to bet it. Can't really put my finger on why, just don't like it. Possibly not sure how PSU will rebound after that thrashing from 'bama.
    I think Penn State thrashes Kent State

loudpacmanjones
    SBR's RESIDENT ASSHOLE

Also whats with the notre dame Michigan st game...

ND is +3 I really think they win that one by a huge margin.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Quote Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    I do dig the PSU pick...but just cant pull the trigger.

Lion4Life
    Lion4Life's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by hubie69 View Post

They have a bad habbit of being a second half team for these kinds of games. Very rarley anymore do they come out and punch somebody in the mouth and control the game from the start. I really could see this being a close game untill the 3rd quarter.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie

Perhaps thats its. They didn't score for sh*t in the first half against younstown st.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Good Luck, that's alot of big points to cover in each game but good teams.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10002

I am leary of the Bama pick - someone said it in another thread - Bama can name the score here, but Duke can score some points (won't get many here - but how many will they need?). My biggest fear would be - what will Bama show - they have back to back conference games against Ark and Florida - and not that they will look 2 weeks ahead - but I think they can beat Duke with a vanilla offense - so they won't put anything on film they don't have to. I like Oregon State - they were almost a play for me - you are just on such big name, high profile teams - might be tough to go 6-0 on those guys.

I know you said Boise has to blow out every team - but every team also knows that - and every bettor does too - so that line already assumes that - I am also wondering what the JMU win over Va Tech did to BSU psyche - basically it took the only big win BSU was going to have this year and made it nominal - so they sat home and watched that - just wonder what their head is going to be like........

loudpacmanjones
    SBR's RESIDENT ASSHOLE

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I am leary of the Bama pick - someone said it in another thread - Bama can name the score here, but Duke can score some points (won't get many here - but how many will they need?). My biggest fear would be - what will Bama show - they have back to back conference games against Ark and Florida - and not that they will look 2 weeks ahead - but I think they can beat Duke with a vanilla offense - so they won't put anything on film they don't have to. I like Oregon State - they were almost a play for me - you are just on such big name, high profile teams - might be tough to go 6-0 on those guys.

I know you said Boise has to blow out every team - but every team also knows that - and every bettor does too - so that line already assumes that - I am also wondering what the JMU win over Va Tech did to BSU psyche - basically it took the only big win BSU was going to have this year and made it nominal - so they sat home and watched that - just wonder what their head is going to be like........

Yeah Im laying off bama. Duke can score I thought about it and you confirmed it for me.

dmtrader
    dmtrader's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Watch out for those high point spread covers. It doesn't take much for a coach to put in his scrubs in the 4th quarter when you still need another field goal to cover.

HoldemHank21
    HoldemHank21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Don Giovanni View Post
    Agree. I think the PSU pick is one of the better bets of the day. I just don't think they will struggle covering three touchdowns at home against Kent State.