wake14
    wake14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Again with the Eaisest picks for the WEek 3

I like NEbraska and TCU any thoughts fellas??

OThers games that stood out to me where perhaps Iowa, but I rolled with them last week so....

wake14

Also what about Cal.. .-3 in nevada on friday seems too fishy huh??? let me know ... I bumped my last week's thread to show you what people thought last week.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

I don't like either of those picks. Why is the Nebraska line so low? Because Washington can put up points and Nb still struggles. Also playing out there is no gimmie and the crowd will play a factor. This game has trap written all over it.

Baylor is a sleeping giant. Robert Griffin is a beast on offense and they are going to move the ball against TCU. Baylor's defensive front may be just as good as TCU and they're defense is flying out there especially the secondary. They have this game circled and will be ready. TCU may win... May, but they are not covering 21.

I'm going to call it right now as well... Baylor will beat Oklahoma this year.

Sean81
    Sean81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 756

One line that stands out to me is MTSU -5 at Memphis. The Memphis program is in absolute shambles, and Im starting to doubt if they are even competing to win games. MTSU is very well coached and has an established system in place. Also a short commute so travel is not an issue. I expect MTSU to win comfortably here.

wake14

Baylor's D is as good as TCU... you are not allowed to post anymore.. thanks..

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

You have to consider Baylor getting 21- against anybody.

BYU isn't very good and they beat Washington. Jake Locker may be the #1 pick in the draft but that doesn't mean he is going to win 9 or 10 games in his senior year.

fury
    fury's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nebraska is the best bet on the board. They win this by double digits.

Better2Belucky
    Better2Belucky's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by wake14 View Post
    Also what about Cal.. .-3 in nevada on friday seems too fishy huh??? let me know ... I bumped my last week's thread to show you what people thought last week.
    Nevada at home is recipe for an upset. I like Cal but their notorious for taking "low media" games lightly. It's a risky bet. IMO pass on this one cuz we're only in week 3. Plenty more games to come.

Joepbj
    Joepbj's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 258

Quote Originally Posted by Better2Belucky View Post
    Nevada at home is recipe for an upset. I like Cal but their notorious for taking "low media" games lightly. It's a risky bet. IMO pass on this one cuz we're only in week 3. Plenty more games to come.
    I don't know about you, but Friday night I need to get my fix......If you can pass, great, wish I could too. I think CAL is still the play here. I'm cautious but I'm going with the better team.

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

I really hate looking like a homer, but honestly the first line that jumped out at me was Penn State -21 (Jimmy's a PSU grad). I don't see how Kent is going to score at all against the Lions; they're very one-dimensional and Penn State will feast on the Kent St. O-Line. If Penn State puts up over 31 they'll cover, and this going to be a cakewalk compared to last week. Royster and Green gonna run all over this Golden Flash Defense, and Bolden can relax a little after facing the best and toss a couple TD's.

AlphaOmega
    AlphaOmega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8856

On Friday night games funky stuff always happens ...

Mac4Lyfe

Baylor's D is as good as TCU... you are not allowed to post anymore.. thanks..
    Your obviously not interested in reading what I posted. Where did I say that Baylor's D is as good as TCU??? I clearly said the defensive front. Now you tell me what player on TCU is better on the Dline than Phil Taylor at Baylor? I'd take him over Wayne Daniels and Cory Grant. How about Antonio Johnson at OLB. What linebacker on TCU is better than him?

TCU's strength IMO is their secondary. They have great CB's and safety's which allow them flexibility on defense. It is a great defense no doubt.

But don't slip on this Baylor's defense. It is very physical and under rated. Only time will tell how good it really is but after TCU lost so many guys last year, Baylor is not far behind if at all.

Also, look at Baylor's recruiting every year. TCU hasn't out recruited them in at least the past 4 years as well.

2010 Baylor #51 - TCU #63
    2009 Baylor #44 - TCU #54
    2008 Baylor #57 - TCU #114
    2007 Baylor #52 - TCU #73

Your also not asking for opinions since you've already made up your mind but I'll tell you 2 last things.

1) All 3 of the plays your leaning are considered square plays by most sharps. Not that I'm one of them. That in no way means they won't hit.

2) All you have to do is search for my picks to see how I do. I don't keep overall track but I know what my bank account looks like.

Not bashing you and wish you the best...
    Last edited by Mac4Lyfe; 09-15-10 at 12:55 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Hotlanta Steam gave Mac4Lyfe 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Eagle1958
    Eagle1958's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Take Temple +7 at home vs Uconn. Temple wins outright

wake14

what about houston fellas??? Big Red, Houston, and TCU

Mac4Lyfe

1) All 3 of the plays your leaning are considered square plays by most sharps.

Only 2 more games to go...

ACCBlitz
    ACCBlitz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wake, you're picking some of the hardest games to cap to ask advice about

Personally, I'm on NEB.

Be careful w/TCU, Baylor likely covers. Houston on the road (possibly w/out their leading man) is iffy.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Houston should be fine, they can score with Cotton (the backup QB) and UCLA will be finished if they get behind early as they can't pass for shit

Jimmy Proffett
    Jimmy Proffett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 954

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Proffett View Post
    I really hate looking like a homer, but honestly the first line that jumped out at me was Penn State -21 (Jimmy's a PSU grad). I don't see how Kent is going to score at all against the Lions; they're very one-dimensional and Penn State will feast on the Kent St. O-Line. If Penn State puts up over 31 they'll cover, and this going to be a cakewalk compared to last week. Royster and Green gonna run all over this Golden Flash Defense, and Bolden can relax a little after facing the best and toss a couple TD's.
    Lot more gut-wrenching then I would've liked, but cha-ching anyhow

wake14

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Your obviously not interested in reading what I posted. Where did I say that Baylor's D is as good as TCU??? I clearly said the defensive front. Now you tell me what player on TCU is better on the Dline than Phil Taylor at Baylor? I'd take him over Wayne Daniels and Cory Grant. How about Antonio Johnson at OLB. What linebacker on TCU is better than him?

TCU's strength IMO is their secondary. They have great CB's and safety's which allow them flexibility on defense. It is a great defense no doubt.

But don't slip on this Baylor's defense. It is very physical and under rated. Only time will tell how good it really is but after TCU lost so many guys last year, Baylor is not far behind if at all.

Also, look at Baylor's recruiting every year. TCU hasn't out recruited them in at least the past 4 years as well.

2010 Baylor #51 - TCU #63
    2009 Baylor #44 - TCU #54
    2008 Baylor #57 - TCU #114
    2007 Baylor #52 - TCU #73

Your also not asking for opinions since you've already made up your mind but I'll tell you 2 last things.

1) All 3 of the plays your leaning are considered square plays by most sharps. Not that I'm one of them. That in no way means they won't hit.

2) All you have to do is search for my picks to see how I do. I don't keep overall track but I know what my bank account looks like.

Not bashing you and wish you the best...
    lol nice... BAYLORS D IS SOLID BRAH!!

wake14

Quote Originally Posted by mac4lyfe View Post
    1) all 3 of the plays your leaning are considered square plays by most sharps.

Only 2 more games to go...
    i agree with that cal pick... I ended up on the over tho..