Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Harry's week #2 "total package"

Well, to be blunt, I was hoping for a better start to the 2010 season with my college totals plays. I did manage to go 4-3 but one of the losses was a double play on the Michigan game to go over. That loss brings the record to 4-4. The good news for me is that I went 6-1 on my sides, topped off by that nice Boise State victory last night. Anyway, I'm up on the house and plan to keep it that way. Gonna start off this week's card with a Thursday night game. Be back later with the rest of the plays.

MISSISSIPPI STATE/AUBURN - OVER 54

A funny thing happened to Auburn football last season; they changed from being a stodgy offense to one that can light up a scoreboard. Since the beginning of last year they've gone over the total 8 times and stayed under just 4. Things don't look to be any different this year. Last week they put up close to 700 yds of offense against Arkansas State, averaging 7.5 yards on the ground. The Bulldogs will no doubt be a stiffer test this week but the Tigers will move the ball and put up some points. What was alarming about last week's Arkansas St. game is that Auburn was very generous against the pass, giving up 323 yds. That's bad news against a Mississippi State team that passed the ball beautifully last week (80% completions) in putting up 49 points against Memphis. This figures to be a tough game but I see each team scoring into the 30s. A Thursday night OVER. Bet it early, this line might go up.

As always, best of luck.
    Harry

2010 college totals 4-4
    college sides 6-1

daprospecta
    daprospecta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

I can see that

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Got this one down with you Harry and looking forward to the other ones

bypp
    bypp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

nice writeup harry. i'm sure you'll bounce back on the totals this week. good luck

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the call both of these teams can score. Kind of weary of the ammount of running that will be done though.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Good Luck this week. Weeknight games normally get out of hand scoring wise, and this should be no different, unless the weather turns bad.

Facepunch
    Facepunch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bad weather is forcasted to end tonight and be pretty clear for tomorrow. I am definitely keeping an eye on it though.

sweetpete57@
    Dapper Capper
    sweetpete57@'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

2 years ago these two teams played, and Auburn won 3-2. I agree thought, looks to be a shootout

chiliv5
    chiliv5's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am on the same boat... but it seems no matter what game i pick that seems to be a go it turns out to be the complete opposite.... imagine that....

BigJ
    BigJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like it.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Heres the rest of my card.....

HOUSTON/UTEP - OVER 74

That's a lot of points, I know. But the boys in Vegas posted a high number because this is gonna be a shootout. Houston QB Case Keenum is the most prolific gunslinger in all the land, having already tossed 107 TDs in his career. This week he'll be facing the 111th rated pass defense.....in a revenge spot....under the lights.....in a marquee opportunity for him to kickstart his Heisman campaign. Houston should put up 50 points of their own. Their anemic defense will do the rest of the work for us. Last year, UTEP rb Buckram galloped for 268 yds against this rush D. I don't see him duplicating those numbers but he will do some damage. Easily into the 80s.

IOWA/IOWA STATE - UNDER 45

The Cyclones scored only 3 points against Iowa last year, and 5 the year previous. In fact they haven't scored a TD against the Hawkeyes in over 3 years. This year's Iowa D looks to be about as good as anyone's. My numbers indicate that Iowa controls the clock for much of the day and comes away with another low-scoring victory. Say 24-10.

UTAH/UNLV - OVER 54

Great win last week for the Utes. Gotta see them taking advantage of their momentum and putting a hurting on UNLV. The Rebs D was very generous last week, allowing nearly 300 yds on the ground (5.6 ypc!) against Wisconsin. Now they're asked to play at altitude against a Utah team with a few good RBs of their own. Utah should score into the 40s and the Rebs will be forced to get aggressive in a futile attempt to catch up. Points galore.

BAYLOR/BUFFALO - UNDER 49-

Not gonna put too much stock into Buffalo's victory over URI last week, but it is worth noting that they did pitch a shutout. There will be no goose egg this week against Baylor. Bears QB Griffin is as explosive as they come. Buffalo's only hope in this game is to design an offensive scheme that keeps Griffin off the field. Designing it and executing it, of course, are different things. Nonetheless, I see this one as being relatively low scoring.

(Double Play) UCLA/STANFORD - OVER 52 (Double Play)

Week #2 in Norm Chow's experiment known as the "pistol offense". A bigger concern for the Bruins is the 313 yds (5.8 ypc) they gave up on the ground against Kansas St. last week. That spells trouble this week when they go up against the huge offensive line and power rushing game of Stanford. The Cardinal should be able to run roughshod over this inexperienced front seven. And if the Bruins try to stuff the box, talented QB Luck will make them pay. Stanford's weakness is in their secondary. Look for Bruin's QB Prince to take some target practice here. Over.

As always, best of luck.
    Harry

fedtpels
    fedtpels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8416

Looks good Harry - riding your tail here. good work!

MAB
    MAB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2798

Nice call on HOUSTON/UTEP! Let's keep it going tomorrow.

dvb02
    Update your status
    dvb02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1790

Did anyone notice that the clock operator would run an extra 2-3 seconds off after every play! one time the ref was calling the penalty and the clock suddenly ran off 5 seconds and then stopped again. It was unbelievable. I don't know how the over was able to hit.

Good call