THE PROFIT
    THE PROFIT's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay guys, 5-4 so far on the weekend +0.38 units. I will be the first to say that was too many games! The Toledo Team total was a total flop but the Mizzou should have covered, good thing I also teased, Clemson should have covered, & Northwestern should have covered. I am not making excuses, just showing how close 90% of these damn games are & the more you play the more chance you have of losing.

Less games=more money.

It being the opening weekend I guess I just wanted to have some action, but I will not be playing this many games on a Sat from now on & we will make more money.

THE PROFIT

also guys, I said I liked Bowling Green in my last post of the evening, I hope you took it, easy winner. I apologize that I didnt have time to give any explanations on those last games, I was kinda busy this afternoon. I will be focusing more this week on handicapping & we can discuss this weeks games all week. Even though I knew it was coming this weekend still kinda snuck up on me if you know what I mean.

Also, I'll go over some things that we've learned about this first week, one in particular being power rankings, Sagarins in particular. I have some good points on how his rankings really held true compared to public perception on a few of these high profile games.

Hope everyone had a good day, even though we didnt set it on fire, we're not down & its just the first full day of the season.

shaggy3000
    shaggy3000's Avatar Become A Pro!

good to see you with a winning record. i didnt fair as well. thats the big problem with being a fan and not a capper. florida put me in the hole and i was trying to play catch up all afternoon. but like you know a couple close losers are still losers even if it was the proper pick (like mizz) but no point crying over being in the hole we've all been there just makes collecting from THE MAN that much better!
    like ive said, Love your picked including the leans. put all the leans and picks out you want it will just make it easier on me when im on the fence about a team

THE PROFIT

thanks shaggy.

I took the day off today, worked a little this morning & today is my dads b'day, just now gonna watch the 2H of the TT game, made a small degenerate play on over 28 2H for fun. Gonna grill some steaks in a few & have a couple people over & relax with dad.

I will post some thoughts on this past weekends games & we can go over next weeks card later tonight or tomorrow. I dont think I will touch the VT game as i am a homer & will be rooting like hell for them to knock off these Boise fuks.

I seldom play on VT or UT as they are my home teams.

THE PROFIT

Shaggy, those fukin gators looked like hell, but I wouldnt worry, Meyer will have those sorry SOB's afraid to ever play like that again.

I'd bet that he has that QB sleepin' with his hands in that centers crotch all week

Addicted2Action
    Addicted2Action's Avatar Become A Pro!

we gonna cash this over my friend

shaggy3000

Quote Originally Posted by THE PROFIT View Post
    thanks shaggy. I dont think I will touch the VT game as i am a homer & will be rooting like hell for them to knock off these Boise fuks. I seldom play on VT or UT as they are my home teams.
    yeah i should follow that advice on the gators. im close to paying the man i pushed so hard in on them the other day. ive learn my lesson with the jax jaguas but not on the gators. theyre by far my favorite team in any sport they (especially volleyball *wink*) but i know now and as you said said earlier NEVER PAY THE FVKIN MAN and i wont!
    Shaggy, those fukin gators looked like hell, but I wouldnt worry, Meyer will have those sorry SOB's afraid to ever play like that again. I'd bet that he has that QB sleepin' with his hands in that centers crotch all week
    yeah they looked real bad but youre right meyers will have them knowing exactly what it means when they put that jersey on. we got the talent but damn we sucked

melia26
    melia26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best of luck this year, Profit.

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

I didn't get a chance to check back here on saturday, but i'm surprised u stayed away from BYU...that was the one game I went big on this weekend b/c I saw one of ur comments in another thread how the line is way off b/c of all the JaKe Locker dik riders... seeing that comment gave me the confidence to go in on that one...Alabama was my other big play sat.

I like Boise St. 2night, love them as underdogs...and V tech is like 0-20 on the road vs ranked opponents- I also love teams that return a lot of starters-

down_but_not_out
    down_but_not_out's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EDDIE MONEY LINE View Post
    I didn't get a chance to check back here on saturday, but i'm surprised u stayed away from BYU...that was the one game I went big on this weekend b/c I saw one of ur comments in another thread how the line is way off b/c of all the JaKe Locker dik riders... seeing that comment gave me the confidence to go in on that one...Alabama was my other big play sat.

I like Boise St. 2night, love them as underdogs...and V tech is like 0-20 on the road vs ranked opponents- I also love teams that return a lot of starters-
    V tech is at home...still think Boise is the play...will be close though

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

Quote Originally Posted by down_but_not_out View Post
    they are the home team, but not at home

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12013

unreal, can't believe I haven't stopped by this thread yet.

BOL profit, gonna be a great season.

this will be my new ncaaf subforum hangout, can't wait.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12013

Quote Originally Posted by down_but_not_out View Post
    technically neutral site, but may as well be a tech home game tonight.

Addicted2Action
    Addicted2Action's Avatar Become A Pro!

i wanna VT profit but i just cant do, liking the under.......

shaggy3000

yeah ive already been looking at this weeks card because the boise win has got me back in junkie mode....
    but two games that really stick out are the florida state +9.5 and miami +9.5

fl st. ended strong last year and has a good coach and good players that are hungry to win it all this year where okl just wont be the world beaters of two years ago.

miami is finally getting some of that pride and talent they were getting back in the 80's again. personally i think ohio st is overrated and will not play for a national champ this year purely cause theyre not good enough. miami went in and did what youre spos to do against a small under talented team, they beat them easily and never let them even think of scoring. ohio on the other hand didnt. yeah marshall isnt a tiny school but for a national champ team the ohio st is predicted to be, it was a sad domination game. i really like miami in this game if you cant tell. based on everything i saw last year and this year. i would take the 9.5 points and wouldnt be surprised if come game time were getting more. hell watch there will be a decent amount on miami moneyline, i know i think they can win this game outright
    im posting these plays here now cause i really like and respect your thoughts Profit and hope you comment back with big thumbs up

THE PROFIT

OK guys, sorry I havent checked in since the big monday night game. I have been capping the last couple hours. I doubt I will have any plays for Thursday nights games. i will be rooting for my main man Favre, but cant put money on him

SB champs L10 years 10-0 SU in season openers & 7-2-1 ATS
    L6 years Thursday night favs 30-9-2 ATS
    Minnesota 3-14 ATS as fav or dog of 4 or less in road openers.

The revenge factor is there, just not strong trends to support a Favre victory. Im not saying they cant or wont win, just saying if I play anything on it it'll be a $20 degenerate action play!!!

Same with the college games, i have no strong opinions on the 2 thursday games but all 3 should be good games on Thurs.

There's several games Sat that have me intrigued, one being Hawaii/Army and may make a play on Hawaii+3. Heres a few others that I will be looking at closer tomorrow as i plan on spending the morning just doing some more research. Please give any thoughts or opinions you guys have on these matchups

Idaho@Nebraska-28
    IowaSt@Iowa-13.5
    Michigan@ND-3.5
    BYU-1@AF
    Oregon-12@TENNESSEE
    Bowling Green@Tulsa-16
    Syracuse@Washington-14
    Buffalo@Baylor-17
    LSU-10@Vandy
    Toledo@Ohio-7
    UAB@SMU-11.5
    Miss-20@Tulane
    Memphis@East Carolina-12.5

These 13 college games are the ones I will be focusing on & I will throw out some trends & angles I have on them & just my personal opinion.

I do want to hear your guys thoughts on these & any situational angles you all may have. Lets work together & make some money this weekend & also beat that fukin prick!

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

How is Hawaii's defense on the ground?

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    How is Hawaii's defense on the ground?
    Im at a disadvantage here because I didnt see all of the USC game. They do have a new coordinator & have a solid secondary. It's not so much that they can contain army's run so well as I don't see army's defense being able to stop them in the air. Army never has an offense for shit. Last year they had the tallest receiver in the NCAA & that fuk had no talent. Any team could have taken that guy & made a superstar but he's in Iraq stoppin' bullets now.

jtmurray89
    jtmurray89's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'm all over east carolina already so i'm kind of hoping thats who u were going with in that game

THE PROFIT

yeah, its ECAR or nothing in that game for me. Power rankings show me they should be favored by a lot more for starters

hitman2010
    hitman2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

what is the pick today Profit?

thank you.

allenc85
    allenc85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Profit - I'm a Bama fan, and despise Tennessee (as any good Bama fan should (g) That being said, honestly see Tenn making the Oregon game very close, and keep it inside two touchdowns. I think UT's defense should be able to hold Oregon somewhat, and more importantly as far as the spread goes is they will play ball control, eat up clock and keep the game low scoring. IMO I think Tenn covers, and the game probably goes under... but I'd be alright with a blow out

Holdin Aces
    Holdin Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

OK guys, sorry I havent checked in since the big monday night game. I have been capping the last couple hours. I doubt I will have any plays for Thursday nights games. i will be rooting for my main man Favre, but cant put money on him

SB champs L10 years 10-0 SU in season openers & 7-2-1 ATS
    L6 years Thursday night favs 30-9-2 ATS
    Minnesota 3-14 ATS as fav or dog of 4 or less in road openers.

The revenge factor is there, just not strong trends to support a Favre victory. Im not saying they cant or wont win, just saying if I play anything on it it'll be a $20 degenerate action play!!!

Same with the college games, i have no strong opinions on the 2 thursday games but all 3 should be good games on Thurs.

There's several games Sat that have me intrigued, one being Hawaii/Army and may make a play on Hawaii+3. Heres a few others that I will be looking at closer tomorrow as i plan on spending the morning just doing some more research. Please give any thoughts or opinions you guys have on these matchups

Idaho@Nebraska-28
    IowaSt@Iowa-13.5
    Michigan@ND-3.5
    BYU-1@AF
    Oregon-12@TENNESSEE
    Bowling Green@Tulsa-16
    Syracuse@Washington-14
    Buffalo@Baylor-17
    LSU-10@Vandy
    Toledo@Ohio-7
    UAB@SMU-11.5
    Miss-20@Tulane
    Memphis@East Carolina-12.5

These 13 college games are the ones I will be focusing on & I will throw out some trends & angles I have on them & just my personal opinion.

I do want to hear your guys thoughts on these & any situational angles you all may have. Lets work together & make some money this weekend & also beat that fukin prick!

I like Michigan to beat ND outright. Robinson will give there D all kinds of trouble, it looks like Rich Rod has found his Pat White type of QB. Not to mention Kelley never had much success figuring it out against Rich Rod at WVU. I think ECU rolls Memphis and that Tenn game is intriguing, my first thought was Oreg rolls but giving up that many points to an SEC team at home is tough to do. I could see Tenn eating up the clock and keeping this one somewhat close. Although I live in Nashville and all of the UT fans think they are going to get hammered. I looked at Neb line but haven't done any research on it, I initially like NEB to cover.

THE PROFIT

we'll talk college ball later, right now the NFL is fixin to kick off & im itching to play
    VIKINGS+5 1.1 to win 1

I think they win outright, but I'll take the 5 for a unit just to make it interesting!

Enjoy the game guys

shaggy3000

well auburn did it... just been watching a few of my bets and so far the three games that i saw the public flip the line and all been losers.

auburn was just -1.5 to start and the public moved it to miss st. -1
    washington's game and boise st.'s game had the same thing happen. all three games the orignal favorite (vegas's favorite) won

just a stat you might want to keep an eye on

THE PROFIT

shaggy, fade the public bro!!!

THE PROFIT

well, sometimes these fukin lines still amaze me after all these years. 5, fukin 5 point spread, and guess what, they are down by 5!!!

THE PROFIT

alright, an unheard of blocked PAT gives us a push on the first NFL play of the season. How fukin sharp was that line?

THE PROFIT

we'll talk college ball later, right now the NFL is fixin to kick off & im itching to play
    VIKINGS+5 1.1 to win 1

I think they win outright, but I'll take the 5 for a unit just to make it interesting!

Enjoy the game guys
    VIKES+5 PUSH

NFL 0-0-1

ojs69
    ojs69's Avatar Become A Pro!

There was alot of +6 earlier in the week!!some 5.5 today and closed at 5.5.
    These places had 4 & 4.5 during the week and earlier. I'm sure you pushed
    but lots of winners on both sides. Just read an article on The Books got middled at 5

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Profit...any thoughts on Houston covering the -20 tonight with a big TV audience?? Always a ton of points scored between these two teams so that's what worries me....a late UTEP score to bring them within the spread.

shaggy3000

shaggy, fade the public bro!!!
    come on profit i might be new to sports betting, but ive always known the public is wrong 90% of the time. just throwing it out there if that happens again

THE PROFIT

Quote Originally Posted by ojs69 View Post
    There was alot of +6 earlier in the week!!some 5.5 today and closed at 5.5.
    These places had 4 & 4.5 during the week and earlier. I'm sure you pushed
    but lots of winners on both sides. Just read an article on The Books got middled at 5
    yeah, winners & losers on both sides, I huess I should just be happy I didnt lose

THE PROFIT

This is a 7:00 game, but all you knew I would be on it. Get it now before it goes lower
    TENNESSEE +12
    Attached Images  

THE PROFIT

UT+12 1.1 to win 1 at 7:00pm ET

When 2 teams enter a game off shutout wins the home team is 9-3 ATS & 4-0 ATS when getting 8+ points
    Oregon on the road between home games 0-4 ATS & 2-6 ATS vs SEC
    Road faves off a win of 60+ points are 5-13 ATS but only 1-11 ATS when laying 9+
    GO VOLS

First ... 2345678 ... Last