BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

MWC Craziness

Let's see. First, the MWC adds Boise State. Then Utah decides to leave and join the Pac 10/12. Then BYU get's it's tail in an uproar and figures that it can make more money as an independent, ala Notre Dame (LMFAO). They will join the WAC for all sports other than football. Following along?

Now the MWC has just put the dagger into the WAC, and possibly into BYU's foolish idea by grabbing both Fresno State and Nevada. As things stand now, the MWC now has 11 teams, just one short of the magical 12 needed for a Conference Championship game. The WAC is finished as a Conference, now down to just 6 teams. I look for La. Tech to join CUSA, giving them 13 teams and a bit of a cushion incase the Big East wakes up and tries to grab UCF.

The MWC can then easily grab either Utah State (to pacify BYU) or New Mexico State and expand to 12 teams. I guess BYU will not be moving to a 6 team conference, will they?

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

BYU was never going to join the WAC for football.
    To be a "conference" you have to have 8 teams.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

For football, yes, but not for hoops. 6 teams is the minimum in hoops. BYU was going to try and pull a Notre Dame type deal, where they could join the WAC in all sports except football, just like Notre Dame has with the Big East. That was a joke to begin with, and is even a bigger joke now.

docvinny
    docvinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Now what is San Jose State gonna do as if anyone really cares

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

WAC will bring some FCS foes , i'm sure utah st will be knocking the mwc door for an invite as soon as they collect 5 millions for the buyout

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by docvinny View Post
    Now what is San Jose State gonna do as if anyone really cares
    Get thier ass whooped by Bama....

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

BYU is just scorned by not getting invited to the Pac-10 (Utah did) and are trying to throw the LDS weight around.

BrigadierPudding
    Update your status
    BrigadierPudding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1809

BYU is the scorned girlfriend but in fairness to them they should be making more money via a TV than what the MTN provides. That's what all this is about.

I think it's a bad move. Their schedule is going to be worse than it is now.