ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Ackem's picks Week 1 (with write-ups)

CFB is back b*tches! Here are some of my early looks.

Mid Tennessee St. -4 vs. Minnesota
    Last season, Mid Tennessee St. was tied for 2nd in the league ATS posting a record of 10-3. Minnesota’s D should struggle to contain the Blue Raiders’ Spread offense which posted 238 Passing YPG. The Golden Gophers only faced a spread offense twice last season, once against NW and once again against Iowa St. While they won against NW, they still allowed 309 Passing yards and really only won the game thanks to two fumbles from Northwestern. Mid Tenn St’s offense should be up to par with last year’s team seeing how they are returning 8 starters including Senior starting QB Dwight Dasher who threw for 2700 yards last year and rushed for over 1100 yards last season. I think MTSU will continue to improve on their already impressive ATS record with a win over Minnesota.

SMU +13 @ Texas Tech
    The Mustangs are in a great position to knock off Texas Tech in TT’s home opener. June Jones had SMU really hit their stride last year which culminated with a 45-10 victory over highly touted Nevada in the 2009 Hawaii Bowl. Texas Tech may be a great team this year without Mike Leach, however, I think it’s going to take them a few games to adjust new coach Tommy Tuberville’s style. SMU’s victory over Nevada has to have this team pumped in addition to the fact that they are 0-6 against Texas Tech, I expect them to bring their A game to defeat the Red Raiders. It always helps that the public is hammering Texas Tech and the line has shifted from SMU +10 to SMU +13.

North Carolina vs. LSU UNDER 40
    Houlihans had a great write for this, “Two bad QB’s, and two talented defenses going at it.” I hate to use somebody elses write up but, I can’t possibly think of a better way to put this haha. Love the line at 40.
    More picks to come, these are all I have at the moment.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

SMU just lost both of their starting Corners, and are very thin in the defensive secondary. T-Tech will have a field day throwing the ball against a defense that was ranked 84th overall last season. The wager on this game looks like the over which is at 62.

Everyone loves the under in the LSU-UNC game, and on paper, it is easy to see why. OFcourse everyone loved the under in the Va. Tech-Alabama game last season also, and we all remenber what happened in that game, right?

Sox2010
    Sox2010's Avatar Become A Pro!

I love that Mid Tenn St pick. Minnesota will not be good this year, and the only reason that line is as low as it is, is because they are a Big 10(12) team

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The line is going to soar, so if you like MTSU, you had better grab them now. Some books are up to -5.5 now.

DaColts
    DaColts's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1233

If everyone likes the under run the other way

ackem19
    ackem19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by DaColts View Post
    If everyone likes the under run the other way
    I just may do that or leave the UNC game alone altogether. Still reviewing the games and making my final selections. Appreciate the feedback everybody. Wasn't aware that SMU lost both starting corners, that may play a factor in my final decision.

Other leans:
    Clemson
    TCU
    Kentucky
    Bowling Green/Troy OVER