mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mallett Rips the spread offense:

"Tell me how many guys have run the spread and made it past college to the next level? I'm not thinking about the next level right now, I'm not, but I just felt it was best for me to move on."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll...34/1004/SPORTS

Timetopay
    Timetopay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Alex Smith First Pick...

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by Timetopay View Post
    Alex Smith First Pick...

bust.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mallett is an idiot.. The spread offense is gonna help make Michigan a national title contender..

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    Mallett is an idiot.. The spread offense is gonna help make Michigan a national title contender..
    I think it was an obvious choice for him to make. There is no way he fits into a Rich Rod system. I also don't think he said the spread didn't work as it obviously does in college...he just mentioned college spread QB's haven't achieved much success at the next level.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac View Post
    I think it was an obvious choice for him to make. There is no way he fits into a Rich Rod system. I also don't think he said the spread didn't work as it obviously does in college...he just mentioned college spread QB's haven't achieved much success at the next level.

seems simple enough.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac View Post
    Your right, he won't fit in with the spread offense.. So he did make the right choice.. It just seems like he's mad that he won't be a part of it.. Michigan will do just fine without him.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by area51steve View Post
    Michigan will do just fine without him.
    In the long run, yes, but in the interim they better get Pryor to AA or it will be a long '08 season for UM.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning
    Alex Smith

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Tom Brady
    Peyton Manning

what do those people have to do with the spread offense?

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mofome View Post
    what do those people have to do with the spread offense?
    I was throwing Alex Smith in with them to show that he's not a bust and is a top 3 QB, which was a joke. Hence the

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    I was throwing Alex Smith in with them to show that he's not a bust and is a top 3 QB, which was a joke. Hence the

ah, i would have followed a bit better if i knew what you were replying to. i thought you were talking about qbs in the spread. i should have picked up on it a bit better. i dont know who tosses out the sarcasm and who doesnt just yet.

lol, now that i get your post..

LINE-crush-ER
    LINE-crush-ER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 157

yep

yep

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Mallet is not an idiot, he is thinking about his future. . . The spread offense is great in COLLEGE BALL. It allows a GREAT COLLEGE QB to have a ton of success. That does not correlate into the NFL, and it will show again with Colt Brennan (although is very talented) but its all about the system. Alex Smith will be a life time back up starting after this next season. The proto typical NFL offense has more reads involved pre snap and after the snap. The spread is very QB friendly easily attacking subpar defense in COLLEGE. The NFL will not allow it to happen for a full game , very similar to the option (which has great success in College due to below average defenses. The spread gives QB simple reads with different levels of WR's. . . All they have to do is read man/zone, then find the hole with 5 WR's running well drawn out plays. In College the Defense is constantly making mental errors (especially in zone) this is rare in the NFL.

Immortality
    Immortality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Granted I am UMich fan so I am biased but it seems to me Mallett is just bitter that he had to leave. I think he made the right choice to go but he should just shut up cause it looks like sour grapes to me..

Although I think Mallett will be a good player, I am more than willing to sacrifice him for the sake of getting a better offense going. I am excited to have Rodriguez bring some new life to the program.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

If there is such a thing as karma, then Michigan might never win a game with Richie Rich at the helm.

Look no further than the perfect marriage between Notre Dame and Charlie Weis.