Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Georgia Proposes 8 team playoff

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3186232

Keep all the bowls and just change the BCS games to an 8 team playoff. . . would just be amazing. . .

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I've been saying and I will continue saying IT WILL HAPPEN and it is and HAS BEEN in the process of happening...

I think it will be a 16 team playoff with 11 conference winners and 5 at large bids to be selected during the "selection show"... DrunkinLul' asked why college football is being promoted in Canada... When this playoff comes about it's going to be as big as the NFL playoffs or at least close enough to market it to the rest of the world..

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

can't see them going from no playoff all the way to a 16 team playoff . . . 8 is plenty for me, and i still want them to keep the other bowls just allow the top 8 to fight it out. . .

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I think that is what they have needed to do all along is to have a playoff of some type. I am not getting my hopes up but I hope it goes though.

ShamsWoof10
    ShamsWoof10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Give it about 10 years or so.. It might happen sooner... I think more needs to be done such as adding teams to conferences that do not have 12 like the big "stupid" which calls itself 10 but has 11... Also every conference must have a conf. champ. game for this to happen...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Isn't the contract with the BCS up this year? Some type of change has to take place right?

astro61200
    astro61200's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by ShamsWoof10 View Post
    I've been saying and I will continue saying IT WILL HAPPEN and it is and HAS BEEN in the process of happening...

I think it will be a 16 team playoff with 11 conference winners and 5 at large bids to be selected during the "selection show"... DrunkinLul' asked why college football is being promoted in Canada... When this playoff comes about it's going to be as big as the NFL playoffs or at least close enough to market it to the rest of the world..

There wont be a playoff anytime soon, a plus one will be the closest you get to a playoff within the next 15 years or so

Also to have each conference winner go is a joke, this isnt college basketball and if you let the crap conference champions like Florida Atlantic in then you are keeping more deserving teams out

But really, it wont matter, because there wont be a playoff anytime soon... the Georgia president is just crying because the Bulldogs didnt get to play for the National Championship...

Heres a thought: WIN YOUR DIVISION