mofome
    mofome's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tennessee will be missing their best DT and a starting OLB

in their bowl game. bolden and mccoy are each out vs wisconsin. both are huge losses for the team. Mccoy is the better player, but Bolden is the bigger loss due to their lack of depth at DT. The wisconsin running attack just got a bit of a boost.

BigOrangeTitans
    Go Kill Yourself, Thx Mgmt
    BigOrangeTitans's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Ouch. What happened to mccoy? Prolly 2nd best LB on team behind mayo. Got a few units on the game and I'm a huge UT fan. UT blew it last year for me but i feelthey are better this year, much better actually.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by BigOrangeTitans View Post
    Ouch. What happened to mccoy? Prolly 2nd best LB on team behind mayo. Got a few units on the game and I'm a huge UT fan. UT blew it last year for me but i feelthey are better this year, much better actually.
    yeah, easily their #2 lb and a guy that is a future late first, or 2nd round draft pick. his grades were the issue i believe. anything you want to discuss about the vols...im all for it.

BigOrangeTitans

what are your thoughts on next year with some improved recievers and crompton? I think Ainge was a bit overrated and they needed to get some new bodies into that D-Line. Given the recruiting class I think we are a top ten program next year. Only thing that sucks is that Florida and Georgia will be top 5.

mofome

what are your thoughts on next year with some improved recievers and crompton? I think Ainge was a bit overrated and they needed to get some new bodies into that D-Line. Given the recruiting class I think we are a top ten program next year. Only thing that sucks is that Florida and Georgia will be top 5.

I like Crompton a lot and i think he'll be pushed by Coleman. Crompton is a guy that can make plays with his feet as well as his arm. He's also a guy that wont be as scared of contact and may take some more shots down field even with some pressure.....notice kenny oneals only td catch came from cromtpon taking a shot to him. gone, paige, and moore figure to come in and compete for some playing time at wide out next year. lucas will be our number one, but i wouldnt be surprised to see jones start on the other side. foster, creeer, hardesty and poole will give us a great group of RBs. I cant wait till you get to see Poole, this kid is legit. He wont play a lot as a freshman, but you'll be happy to have him back there with creer once the other kids move on.
    the biggest addition to our offense next year will be warren. if we keep him at TE, he'll give us one of the best offensive units in the nation....potentially. im not sure if you're familiar with him or not? if we move him over to DE we're still ok at the TE position, but warren is a first round pick kinda player.

then we could talk more about the defense or anything else you like.

BigOrangeTitans

Havent gotten to see much of poole but i hear good things. Tennessee puts out and recruits good backs every year it seems(hated to see what happened to coker. THat kid was a star.) Looking at the frosh coming in i hope we get one more 3-4 star DE that way warren can stay at TE. As for The D i would like to start with Eric Berry. Why isnt this kid playing Corner every game? I know he could be a great safety but he is absolutely more comfortable at corner. Also, i do not feel he got enough touches but thats a special teams issue. What do you think of the move to the 3-4 D? And what does the tackle position look like recruiting wise?

mofome

Havent gotten to see much of poole but i hear good things. Tennessee puts out and recruits good backs every year it seems(hated to see what happened to coker. THat kid was a star.) Looking at the frosh coming in i hope we get one more 3-4 star DE that way warren can stay at TE. As for The D i would like to start with Eric Berry. Why isnt this kid playing Corner every game? I know he could be a great safety but he is absolutely more comfortable at corner. Also, i do not feel he got enough touches but thats a special teams issue. What do you think of the move to the 3-4 D? And what does the tackle position look like recruiting wise?

Berry, he'll be a top 10 pick in the draft and an all-american next year. His upside at S is ed reed and at corner its champ. i really think that highly of this kid. They like him at S because hes our best tackler in the secondary. Im not sure that he would be more comfortable at corner, he didnt play corner in hs. he worked out at corner in the army all-american game and played well. hes as good an athlete as there is in the country.
    at dt dan williams and bolden will be our starters next year and im happy with that. dont forget about redshirt freshman donlad langley who the coaches still seem very high on. he should be an impact player down the road. on the end big ben martin should push for 2nd team all sec, i think he'll be the most talented end the vols have had since ellis.

as for the recruiting, who knows. we were trying to get in on fortson but without trooper the vols have no chance there. moving down they are looking at mcgee from oklahoma but they seem to be on the outside looking in with him.

BadNina
    I did troubles!!
    BadNina's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13869

Personally speaking, I really enjoyed the Bama game this past year.

(Sorry guys, I could not resist. You have to realize my whole November sucked)

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by BadNina View Post
    Personally speaking, I really enjoyed the Bama game this past year.

(Sorry guys, I could not resist. You have to realize my whole November sucked)

no doubt. any team that loses, at home, to la monroe has had a fine season.

BigOrangeTitans

Funny part is we both lost to LSU in the same fashion. Bama fumbles late in the game and we throw a dreamy pick six(why were we even passing at that point?!?!?!).

Edit: Good call on berry playing like ed reed. I havent thought about that but boy they sure do look a lot alike in pads dont they? Fulmer staying helps our recruiting(as does SEC East title, F OFF UF). Sadly though I think it hurts our game planning. Fulmer wins due to talent 9/10. He cant outcoach anyone(look at what spurrier did to him).
    Last edited by BigOrangeTitans; 12-21-07 at 04:43 PM.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Fulmer wins due to talent 9/10. He cant outcoach anyone(look at what spurrier did to him).
    That's why TN has so many guys that are successful in the NFL. It is a well known fact among NFL scouts that TN has alot of unpolished talent. They know when they get a kid from there that there is tremendous upside for the most part. Guys like Omar Gaither, Gibril Wilson had decent careers at TN but nothing to scream about. Omar is starting for Philly and Gibril is an off and on starter for NYG. There's plenty of others like that.

I think Crompton is gonna remind people of Heath Shuler. The kid is big and physical, and has a strong arm. I'm not saying he's another Tebow, but the kid won't be scared to put his head down to try to get some yards if needed. Plus, he can go down field. I was really impressed with how the O-line came along this past year. This is a huge plus for Crompton coming in.

Berry reminds me more of Champ. The sky is the limit for this kid. He should be a Thorpe candidate next year. Hopefully, Chris Donald and Ben Martin from the '07 class will live up to the hype too.

mofome

Quote Originally Posted by The Seer View Post
    That's why TN has so many guys that are successful in the NFL. It is a well known fact among NFL scouts that TN has alot of unpolished talent. They know when they get a kid from there that there is tremendous upside for the most part. Guys like Omar Gaither, Gibril Wilson had decent careers at TN but nothing to scream about. Omar is starting for Philly and Gibril is an off and on starter for NYG. There's plenty of others like that.

I think Crompton is gonna remind people of Heath Shuler. The kid is big and physical, and has a strong arm. I'm not saying he's another Tebow, but the kid won't be scared to put his head down to try to get some yards if needed. Plus, he can go down field. I was really impressed with how the O-line came along this past year. This is a huge plus for Crompton coming in.

Berry reminds me more of Champ. The sky is the limit for this kid. He should be a Thorpe candidate next year. Hopefully, Chris Donald and Ben Martin from the '07 class will live up to the hype too.

hopefully donald will start going to class. disappointing to see his name on the list.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would love this line to come down more.