bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two Texas A&M players suspended after arrests

It's hard enough to try and beat Joe Pa in a bowl game, but this sure doesn't help [iSBRFORUM]Texas A&M[/iSBRFORUM] at all.

Currently [iSBRFORUM]Penn State[/iSBRFORUM] is -5½ and the total is 51½ at TheGreek

Two Texas A&M players suspended after arrests

11:06 AM CST on Thursday, December 6, 2007

By BRIAN DAVIS / The Dallas Morning News

Two Texas A&M football players have been suspended from the team after their arrests Wednesday in connection with an alleged armed robbery that occurred at an off-campus apartment complex Nov. 29.

Yemi Babalola, a starting offensive lineman from Bryan, Texas, was charged with aggravated robbery and possession of less than two ounces of marijuana. Aggravated robbery is a first-degree felony and is punishable from five to 99 years in prison and a maximum $10,000 fine.

Brandon Joiner, a defensive end from Killeen, Texas, was charged with possession of less than two ounces of marijuana. Joiner also was charged with possession of one to four ounces of the drug known as "Ecstasy" and possession of less than 28 grams of hydrocodone.

"When Coach [Gary] Darnell called last night to inform me of the charges, he and I agreed that these young men need to be suspended from the football team," Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne said in a statement. "They will remain suspended until cleared of any wrongdoing."

According to a College Station police report, officers responded to an armed robbery call at the Callaway Villas Apartments. A resident said two black men entered the apartment and struck the person who opened the door.

A second resident ran upstairs and escaped through a window. The first resident and a friend were bound with tape while one of the assailants pointed a semi-automatic handgun in their faces.

Several small items were taken, and the intruders fled on foot. One resident reported minor bruises to his face, the report said.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

who gives a shit.they can find two more horses to fill those gaps.

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Bench Players.. One (Yemi) had a nickname known by some as False Start. Should not effect the line.

Kick them off the team.

bradleysnyder
    bradleysnyder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    Bench Players.. One (Yemi) had a nickname known by some as False Start. Should not effect the line.

Kick them off the team.
    bbd,i am just curious as to know how "this does not help them at all" if they are bench players????????why does it matter,they dont play?

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

i dont follow aTm, but the 2nd sentence of the article starts by stating Babalola is a starter on the oline

mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

Quote Originally Posted by etothep View Post
    i dont follow aTm, but the 2nd sentence of the article starts by stating Babalola is a starter on the oline
    Yemi was replaced by Travis Schneider.
    http://www.aggieathletics.com/sports...cs/07depth.pdf