Now Who Gets In Title Game??

I would pick Oklahoma and USC

luciano
    luciano's Avatar Become A Pro!

OSU and LSU

Actionbrett
    Actionbrett's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3593

I wish, but those are the best two teams in the country (Oklahoma and USC)

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Ohio State as #1 and LSU as #2
    just like it was going to be a few weeks ago.

raiders72002
    raiders72002's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hawaii- Been saying it all year.

MJFtheGenius
    MJFtheGenius's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1176

I would say Oklahoma and LSU, but it's too bad Oklahoma has no shot.

Actionbrett

How would LSU jump from #7 to #2 in the BCS?

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

Ohio State is in. Who they play is the only question. Maybe Kansas at 11-1?

luciano

Espn says LSU, they are gonna get the love from the voters for winning the SEC and losing 2 games in 3OT. They said ESPN's expert had it worked out to OSU-LSU after the Pitt game.

luciano

LSU will be the fave -4 and they will beat OSU by 10.

Actionbrett

LSU with 2 L's against 2 teams not ranked in the top 25...

luciano

Quote Originally Posted by Actionbrett View Post
    LSU with 2 L's against 2 teams not ranked in the top 25...

yeah and Ohio St. and Kansas with 1 loss and havent won a big game all year. the system isnt perfect.

stump
    stump's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

We need a playoff

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I do agree we need a playoff to get out of this mess this season. I do pick LSU and Ohio State, that is what I hope for. I don't think Georgia is good enough.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72002 View Post
    Hawaii- Been saying it all year.
    Scratch that, Washington is waxing them right now.

raiders72002

What a strange college football season.

prop
    prop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2002

Kansas has NO shot and Georgia has a small shot as neither made it to their championship game let alone win it. Its going to be Ohio State for sure, I don't think anyone will dispute that. Their opponent will be either Georgia, Virgina Tech, LSU, USC or Oklahoma. LSU has been higher in the polls most of the season and has a victory already over Virginia Tech. I haven't had ESPN on but I'm not at all surprised they predict LSU thats my prediction as well.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

put the top 10 teams names in a hat and draw 2

tblues2005

lousvillekid you got that right but that isn't going to happen though.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
    Scratch that, Washington is waxing them right now.
    I spoke to soon, Hawaii came back and won.

tblues2005

Illision I know they did come back and win the game, I think they will be in a BCS bowl now when it gets announced later on today now..

raiders72002

Link easier to read http://www.sportsline.com/collegefoo...ls/predictions
    Bowl Predictions

BCS National Championship Game

Jan. 7
    New Orleans
    BCS #1 vs. BCS #2
    Comment: Afer another wild weekend in college football and the ever-changing BCS national title game predictions we now predict Ohio State and LSU will play in New Orleans. Ohio State, which sits No. 3 in the polls, gets the luxury of the two teams ahead of it losing and will most likely slide right into the No. 1 spot in the BCS Standings. As for LSU, it sits at No. 5 in the Harris poll and No. 7 in the BCS computers. With its victory over Tennessee in the SEC Championship and losing both regular-season games in triple overtime, we feel it will get a push in the human and computers to move into the No. 2 spot and play the Buckeyes for the national title. Georgia, Kansas, USC, Oklahoma could also slide into the No. 2 spot too.
    Post your BCS Title Game prediction.

Updated Dec. 1
    The champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to certain bowls, unless they are No. 1 or No. 2. (ACC: Orange; Big Ten: Rose; Big 12: Fiesta; Pac-10: Rose; SEC: Sugar).

If a Bowl loses a host team to the title game, then the bowl gets first choice at a replacement team. The rest of the selection order is as follows: Orange, Fiesta, Sugar.

Notre Dame earns an automatic berth if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings, while non-BCS schools can earn bids if ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings or ranked ahead of a BCS conference champ.

In Non-BCS games, the pick is not the order the team finished in the conference, but a selection order by the bowls. (Example: ACC No. 4 doesn't mean the fourth-place team, it means the Champs Sports Bowl gets the fourth selection out of the ACC.)

Visit TicketRESERVE to GUARANTEE your BCS Bowl Game tickets.

-- J. Darin Darst
    Orange Bowl
    Jan. 3
    Miami
    BCS vs. BCS
    Comment: With Virginia Tech's victory over Boston College in the ACC Championship game, the Hokies will be headed to the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl will get first selection after the replacement picks and select West Virginia, which claimed the Big East title despite losing to Pittsburgh.
    Post your Orange Bowl picks.

Fiesta Bowl
    Jan. 2
    Glendale, Ariz.
    BCS vs. BCS
    Comment: By beating Missouri in the Big 12 Championship, the Sooners will be headed back to the Fiesta Bowl. With the Fiesta Bowl's other selection, it will pass on Hawaii and take a one-loss Kansas. Despite being in the same conference, the two teams did not meet this year in the regular season.
    Post your Fiesta Bowl picks.
    Rose Bowl
    Jan. 1
    Pasadena, Calif.
    BCS vs. BCS
    Comment: Despite having two conference losses, Southern California clinched the Pac-10 with a victory over UCLA and will be headed back to Pasadena. With the Rose Bowl's other selection, it will replace Ohio State with Illinois to give the Rose Bowl its traditional Big Ten vs. Pac-10 matchup.
    Post your Rose Bowl picks.

Sugar Bowl
    Jan. 1
    New Orleans, La.
    BCS vs. BCS
    Comment: By losing LSU to the BCS national title, the Sugar Bowl will select Georgia as its replacement team. If for some reason Georgia slides into the title game, LSU would land here as champions of the SEC. With its last pick, the Sugar Bowl will take Hawaii, which will be undefeated and ranked high enough in the BCS Standings. If Hawaii loses, we predict Kansas lands here and Arizona State heads to the Fiesta.
    Post your Sugar Bowl picks.
    Non-BCS Games
    Bowl Date Location TV Matchup Prediction
    GMAC Jan. 6 Mobile, Ala. ESPN C-USA No. 2 vs. MAC Tulsa vs. Bowling Green
    International Jan. 5 Toronto ESPN2 Big East vs. MAC Rutgers vs. Ball State
    Outback Jan. 1 Tampa ESPN Big Ten No. 3 vs. SEC Wisconsin vs. Tennessee
    Cotton Jan. 1 Dallas FOX Big 12 No. 2/3 vs. SEC Missouri vs. Arkansas
    Gator Jan. 1 Jacksonville, Fla. CBS ACC No. 3 vs. Big East/Big 12 Virginia vs. Texas Tech
    Capital One Jan. 1 Orlando ABC Big Ten No. 2 vs. SEC No. 2 Michigan vs. Florida
    Armed Forces Dec. 31 Fort Worth ESPN Pac-10 No. 6 vs. MWC UCLA vs. Air Force
    Sun Dec. 31 El Paso, Tex. CBS Pac-10 No. 3 vs. Big 12/Big East Oregon State vs. South Florida
    Humanitarian Dec. 31 Boise, Idaho ESPN2 WAC vs. ACC No. 8 Fresno State vs. Georgia Tech
    Music City Dec. 31 Nashville, Tenn. ESPN SEC vs. ACC No. 5/6/7 Kentucky vs. Wake Forest
    Chick-fil-A Dec. 31 Atlanta, Ga. ESPN SEC No. 5 vs. ACC No. 2 Auburn vs. Clemson
    Insight Dec. 31 Tempe, Ariz. NFL Net. Big Ten No. 6 vs. Big 12 No. 6 Indiana vs. Oklahoma State
    Independence Dec. 30 Shreveport, La. ESPN Big 12 No. 7 vs. SEC Colorado vs. Alabama
    Meineke Car Care Dec. 29 Charlotte ESPN ACC No. 5/6/7 vs. Big East No. 3 Florida State vs. Connecticut
    Liberty Dec. 29 Memphis ESPN C-USA No. 1 vs. SEC No. 6 UCF vs. Mississippi State
    Alamo Dec. 29 San Antonio ESPN Big Ten No. 4/5 vs. Big 12 No. 5 Penn State vs. Texas A&M
    Texas Dec. 28 Houston NFL Net. Big 12 No. 8 vs. C-USA No. 6 Texas Christian* vs. Houston
    Champs Sports Dec. 28 Orlando ESPN ACC No. 4 vs. Big Ten No. 4/5 Boston College vs. Michigan State
    Emerald Dec. 28 San Francisco ESPN ACC No. 5/6/7 vs. Pac-10 No. 4 Maryland vs. Oregon
    Holiday Dec. 27 San Diego ESPN Pac-10 No. 2 vs. Big 12 Arizona State vs. Texas
    Motor City Dec. 26 Detroit ESPN MAC vs. Big Ten No. 7 Central Michigan vs. Purdue
    Hawaii Dec. 23 Honolulu ESPN WAC vs. C-USA No. 5 Boise State vs. East Carolina
    PapaJohns.com Dec. 22 Birmingham ESPN2 Big East vs. C-USA No. 3 Cincinnati vs. Southern Miss
    New Mexico Dec. 22 Albuquerque, N.M. ESPN MWC vs. WAC New Mexico vs. Nevada
    Las Vegas Dec. 22 Las Vegas ESPN Pac-10 No. 5 vs. MWC No. 1 California vs. BYU
    New Orleans Dec. 21 New Orleans ESPN2 Sun Belt No. 1 vs. C-USA No. 4 Florida Atlantic vs. Memphis
    Poinsettia Dec. 20 San Diego ESPN MWC vs. at-large Utah vs. Navy
    * - Teams fill in for conferences that don't have enough bowl-eligible teams. Teams in bold have accepted bids.

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by raiders72002 View Post
    What a strange college football season.
    No lie, raiders, and that's the reason we don't need to come up with a system based on this year alone. I only laugh at the 'we need a playoff system' folks who will then turn around and suggest that a team like Kansas or Georgia shouldn't have a chance to play in this year's BCS Championship. Excuse me? Won't a playoff give teams like Kansas and Georgia a shot to win the National Championship each and every year?

Get a scheduling committee to level that aspect of the game out and make everyone conference up, then come back and we'll talk about a playoff system. This was a messy season, as opposed to the clean 1-2 matchup we got a couple of years back between Texas and USC. Let it play out, bitch and moan about it in a couple of threads in January, then move on.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

USC is the best team in the country.

But I guess it's going to be OSU vs LSU, I think everyone who knows me, knows who I'm going to hammer in that one.

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17057

I'd love to see a 8-team playoff, one which includes Hawaii. Okla vs USC would be an awesome matchup, but the Ohio St/LSU pairing seems highly likely this year.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by prop View Post
    Kansas has NO shot and Georgia has a small shot as neither made it to their championship game let alone win it.
    Give some credit to Kansas and Georgia. It is extremely difficult to win your championship game when you don't play in it.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Ohio St is not even a top 10 team

Okl is looking strong but will not get in

It should be

Okl vs USC

or

Okl vs LSU

tblues2005

jjgold,

If USC didn't lose that bad game vs. Stanford that could have happened here. What a strange year, I have never seen anything like it.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

USC can not be in. In fact they should be banned from bowl play this year after losing to a -41 dog at home.

Ohio St vs Okla should be the match up. If Okla played LSU I think they would be about a -2 fav.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope USC gets in. Tough schedule (rated #2 toughest schedule at start of season by Steele; as opposed to #52 for LSU)