BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

College Win Totals Out Soon

The Win totals for the college teams should be coming out by the end of this week, or the beginning of net week. There should be around 45 teams that this wager will be offered on. You may wantto do your homework now. The teams that I know of are:

Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Boise State, BYU, Cal, Clemson, UConn, Florida, Florida State, Georgia, Ga. Tech, Iowa, LSU, Miami (FL), Michigan, Missouri, Nebraska, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Ohio State, Oregon, Oregon State, Penn State, Pitt, Rutgers, South Carolina, South Florida, Tennessee, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, Texas Tech, UCLA, USC, Va.Tech, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

There may be more, but those I am sure of. I have no idea of what the numbers will be, but a friend of mine in Vegas said to look for the number for Miami (FL) to be around 9 wins for the season, if that helps anyone. Again, that is unofficial. There are also some notable omissions so far, such as Arizona State, Boston College, Cincinnati, Colorado, both Kansas teams, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Navy, N.C. State, Northwestern, Stanford, Utah, and many others. Whether or not they will be added to the list is unknown at this time.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 05-19-10 at 12:47 PM.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Interesting

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Good info, looking forward to it.

Miami at 9 seems a little high, probably because the public loves "Tha U". Just for the hell of it, assuming their total is 9:

Don't think they can win @ the shoe

Wins should be Florida A&M, @ Clemson, Duke, @ Virginia, Maryland, South Florida.

The rest of their schedule is pretty much a toss up- @ Pitt, Florida State, North Carolina, @ Gtech, Virginia Tech. They'd have to go 4-1 there for over 9 to be a winner. Don't think they can do that.

Kustac
    Kustac's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes should be very interesting to see where they set a few of these at

Kustac

Hey BigD where do you see South Carolina at?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

South Carilina should be around 8. Furman, Troy, Southern Miss, @Kentucky, and @Vandy all figure to be wins. They get a very tough SEC West schedule, hosting Alabama and Arkansas, and going to Auburn. They go to Florida, but get Georgia and Tennessee at home. Then there is a trip to Clemson. So, 7.5, 8, or 8.5 is what I expect to see. That would be a very tough call.

suckerforparlays
    Protein Shakes
    suckerforparlays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 388

who do you think has the most value to take right now with out even seeing the lines

saints7011
    saints7011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

Quote Originally Posted by Kustac View Post
    Hey BigD where do you see South Carolina at?
    being a carolina fan my entire life (40+ years) , I can only hope for a good year , but as always , we do tend to screw things up , another 7 win season would be about right...

rwsmith
    rwsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

s. carolina should pass 7 this year...especially with a weaker sec east

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Best Value? Hard to say without seeing the numbers, but I serioiusly doubt that Boise State loses more than 1 game this season, so if the number for them is 10.5, that would be good. There are just so many ways to go. Remember, whatmay be obvious to us will be obvious to the linesmakers also.

Kustac

thanks for the input BigD, Saints, and rw

iwantcougars
    iwantcougars's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    s. carolina should pass 7 this year...especially with a weaker sec east
    in theory gamecocks should dominate sec east, but i guess they'll choke again. Georgia is going to be the darkhorse on the sec east

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11989

Quote Originally Posted by saints7011 View Post
    being a carolina fan my entire life (40+ years) , I can only hope for a good year , but as always , we do tend to screw things up , another 7 win season would be about right...
    spurrier has never lived up to expectations for the gamecocks.

Kustac

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyburrito View Post
    very true, its tough recruiting against all the talent in Florida though, verses when he was at Florida and could often pick his in state players

saints7011

we would have done just as good with skip hotz and could've saved a few $ in the process...

The DiB

Don't think its fair to go that far yet.. Spurrier has the best record of any coach ever at USC during their first five years. His name alone has brought a lot of attention to USC. USC has been able to build new facilities and athletic academic buildings on campus because of SOS. For sure a completely different program than what he inherited. He finally has a solid coaching staff in line, and has been able to recruit depth necessary to compete in the SEC. The results on the field hasn't happened yet, but don't be surprised to see that change soon. If they don't have a good season in the next few years, Spurrier is done.

saints7011

Quote Originally Posted by The DiB View Post
    Don't think its fair to go that far yet.. Spurrier has the best record of any coach ever at USC during their first five years. His name alone has brought a lot of attention to USC. USC has been able to build new facilities and athletic academic buildings on campus because of SOS. For sure a completely different program than what he inherited. He finally has a solid coaching staff in line, and has been able to recruit depth necessary to compete in the SEC. The results on the field hasn't happened yet, but don't be surprised to see that change soon. If they don't have a good season in the next few years, Spurrier is done.
    Spurrier is already done here , these kids confidence level sinks everytime they hear the hype and fall short every year , the new facilities are nice , but that comes with the change , Spurrier is already coaching "his recruits" so the next few years will be the same as they are now , and this is coming from a longtime Gamecock fan...

Kustac

Quote Originally Posted by saints7011 View Post
    Spurrier is already done here , these kids confidence level sinks everytime they hear the hype and fall short every year , the new facilities are nice , but that comes with the change , Spurrier is already coaching "his recruits" so the next few years will be the same as they are now , and this is coming from a longtime Gamecock fan...
    I think the QB position hasn't broken his way, a few dudes it seems like, what if he had gotten a good QB who exceeded expectations ... that's from any outsider though, I could be off, as a long time fan who has his finger on the pulse their locally what's your take on it?

The DiB

It's the offensive line more than the QB play. Garcia got sacked 37 times last year and had 0 run game. Spurrier messed up by keeping his buddy John Hunt (OL coach) around way too long. Pretty much set back the whole offensive during Spurrier's time at USC.

mtneer1212
    mtneer1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3369

Georgia will not go far..... too many changes this year and an unproven QB. Maybe in a year from now.

saints7011

I think the QB position hasn't broken his way, a few dudes it seems like, what if he had gotten a good QB who exceeded expectations ... that's from any outsider though, I could be off, as a long time fan who has his finger on the pulse their locally what's your take on it?
    Garcia is not gonna live up to the hype , he started off on the wrong foot , in trouble with the law numerous times and still plays ? Spurrier letting him get away with all the early trouble made the kid feel like all he had to do was show up and the job was his , Garcia can't run , not very accurate , and tends to lay blame everywhere but on himself , I've attended a few of the spring work-outs and they look just as they have in the past few years , which leads me to believe they will be no better...there is no intense on the offense , defense is a different story , those guys are gonna try to knock the sh*t out of you everytime , if only the offense had half the intense of the defense...the coaching staff has to stick with a plan as well , Spurrier is gonna call the plays , no jr. will call the plays , now Spurrier again , if they don't know what there doing , how the hell are the players gonna know ?

saints7011

damn bigdaddy , didn't mean to turn this into a carolina thread , guys , all i'm saying is if the number is 8 , i would feel very comfortable playing the under...

whatsgood5
    Let's fuckin' do it
    whatsgood5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very excited, these are my bread and butter right here!

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

No problem guys. If the number on the fake USC is 8, I would have to take the under. They may have three losses against the SEC West alone, playing Alabama, Arkansas and Auburn. Then they have Florida and Georgia, plus Clemson. Spurier has never lost less than 5 games in a season. His record against Florida and Georgia is 1-4. He is 2-3 against Tennessee and Clemson. Georgia is the dark horse to win the SEC East. They lose their QB but return everyone else on offense. They also switch to a 3-4 Defense which fits their personnel better.

plzkthx
    plzkthx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

wow thats pretty nice write up.

bpw6
    bpw6's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oh yes I agree

The DiB

Any update on when its coming out?

matosh
    matosh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

florida the best

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

Any books have totals up yet for the coming year?

Waz
    Waz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1894

Is it just me, but I thought these were usually out by now and I don't see them anywhere.