BatemanPatrickl
    JayVegas420 Contest Winner
    BatemanPatrickl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Sick of Bobby Bowden...

After every loss, it's the same story..."Dagummit, we just couldn't stop that guy. He ran up and down the field..." Well no shit Bobby, share something with us we don't know.

I personally think the man is being VERY selfish. He has two rings and a field named after him. Bobby should have went out on top; the Seminole Boosters buying out his son for $500,000 was the last straw. The new AD should force him out ASAP.

I get what he has done for the school and the program but his time is long gone. He is out of touch with today's game and players.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

Bobby is too old!

He is still coaching because he likes to see and dream about his players, young boys!

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    Bobby is too old!

He is still coaching because he likes to see and dream about his players, young boys!
    That's a very ignorant comment.

Scorpion
    Update your status
    Scorpion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15377

ok!

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
    ok!
    So stating that Bowden likes to look at and "dream" about his "young boys" is not ignorant?

Tunes
    Tunes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

I have no idea why the guy's still there, it's apparent to everyone but him that his best years are behind him. Since Mark Richt left, they have had no offense. And forget defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews.....he always looks like he's having a heart attack on the sidelines but his defense hasn't stopped anyone in 15 years.

They haven't recruited anyone good at QB for 10+ years (don't give me Chris Weinke), after the Charlie Ward/Warrick Dunn years they've regressed into a mid-level program.

Time for a change, overhaul the whole thing. There would be no bigtime program at FSU without Bowden, but if they want to get back to the 10-win level, they'd better start by finding a new coach.

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by Tunes View Post
    I have no idea why the guy's still there, it's apparent to everyone but him that his best years are behind him. Since Mark Richt left, they have had no offense. And forget defensive coordinator Mickey Andrews.....he always looks like he's having a heart attack on the sidelines but his defense hasn't stopped anyone in 15 years.

They haven't recruited anyone good at QB for 10+ years (don't give me Chris Weinke), after the Charlie Ward/Warrick Dunn years they've regressed into a mid-level program.

Time for a change, overhaul the whole thing. There would be no bigtime program at FSU without Bowden, but if they want to get back to the 10-win level, they'd better start by finding a new coach.
    Well said. I think Andrews is a good defensive coordinator but his plan in the UF game was sorry.

Tunes
    Tunes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2676

Always looks to me like Andrews never has a plan....except to chew gum and look angry. His plan in the really good years appeared to be let his guys rush the passer and beat up the QB until they knocked the QB out, and pray that the athletes at LB and CB would take care of business.

But even in the great years, teams could score on them.

BatemanPatrickl

Quote Originally Posted by Tunes View Post
    Always looks to me like Andrews never has a plan....except to chew gum and look angry. His plan in the really good years appeared to be let his guys rush the passer and beat up the QB until they knocked the QB out, and pray that the athletes at LB and CB would take care of business.

But even in the great years, teams could score on them.
    I do remember the year when FSU knocked out 7 or 8 starting quarterbacks in one season. Either way, FSU is in for some rough times if Bowden doesn't leave.

IWishIWasRich
    IWishIWasRich's Avatar Become A Pro!

About 6 or 7 years ago I started a one man campaign to get him fired, knowing when I started it was useless but it made me feel better. I emailed the university, I emailed the newspapers and sports editors for about 150 miles around FS. Not only did I not get him fired, I never even got a response. They just thought "another crackpot" and, you know, they were probably right. He will be like JoPa, will eventually drop dead on the field because they will never fire him. I can't remember a game that I bet on FS that they won. I try to not bet them but always forget at least once a year and bet them on a game they surely should win - they lose. FIRE BOBBY BOWDEN!!!

BatemanPatrickl

Only powerful boosters have a shot at getting him canned. They did it with Jeff Bowden but it cost them. FSU needs a young, aggressive coach. SEE URBAN MEYER!

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He ruined Fl St

As much god as he did he did more damage to the program.