xxProviderxx
    xxProviderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

I need everyones help, Buddy jamed up BAD!!!

Ok short story he is down biggggggg. He needs a 2 team parlay on the games early games at 11 central tomorrow. Those games are. Why a 2 team parlay early you ask? Cuz he is only willing to loose $500 more this week, so he is going to try to hit the 11 games, 2:30 games and late games to knock a dent in his hole.

South FL -9 vs. PIT

VT -4 vs. VIG

BC -14 vs. MAI FL

NCST -2.5 vs MD

I have looked at these for him for the past 2 hours. Best I have come up with is, VIG and the points, and BC -14

He uses a local book, he has a tendency of jacking up fav lines when top teams are playing. I think he could get VIG at +5 or 6, no worse than 4.

The BC might get jacked up to 15 at worse, im just guessing cuz i know the bookie.

INPUT PLEASE!!!

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tell your "friend" to attend one of these as soon as possible.

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/mtgdirTOP.html

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

BC is one of the two....they will be highly motivated since they have lost 15 straight to Miami ..haven't beat them since that Doug Flutie pass...and this team is much better then Miami and is a home game as well..I think Virginia is the other choice as well...here's a write up on Virginia...

Game: Virginia Tech at Virginia (Saturday 11/24 12:00 PM Eastern)
    Pick: Virginia +3.5

It's been over a decade and a half since the Virginia Cavaliers mattered in College Football. They now host a very important game against their hated cross-state rival for a trip to the ACC title game vs. Boston College. Both teams have identical records SU (9-2) and both are 6-1 in-conference. Yet, Virginia is instilled as a home dog of more than a field goal. Yes, Tech has looked very good this year, winning games on average 29-15. But Virginia is right there. The Cavaliers average 24.4 per game and allow 17.5. Against four common opponents this season, both teams are 4-0 SU and 3-1 ATS. Under Frank Beamer, Virginia Tech is 14-26 ATS off a home conference win including 1-8 ATS if the Hokies scored 35+ points. Under Al Groh, Virginia is 28-14 ATS at home including 20-7 ATS vs. conference foes and 12-3 ATS as a home underdog! We think the home field advantage, and rabid crowd, makes a difference here. Take the home team in a pretty even matchup, getting points.

GL on what ever decision you make...

chandler1981
    chandler1981's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I would suggest money management as there are alot of games left until tuesday morning(time to meet the man)
    I wouldn't reccommend a two team parlay simply because if you risk 500, you are probaly only going to win 1300. It would be nice to win it but there is always the possibility of losing. If he picks the games individually, he's only out 50 bucks juice if he splits the two, and if he hits both he's got a grand back! If he loses the parlay he's done. Only my opinion, but I would pick the games I liked most and risk a few hundred each. Maybe even take BC for 500. Then put 200 on a later game. Save some for Sunday, cause the nfl seems to be easier to pick than college for me this year. GL either way.
    Last edited by chandler1981; 11-24-07 at 12:57 AM.

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree on the money management thing...an idea you could do is to do if bet's with the 2 teams ....$250 if bet team 1 then team 2.....$250 if bet team 2 then team 1....if only one wins you are almost even...if they both come in you've won based on playing with $1000 instead of $500...

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Quote Originally Posted by crazyl View Post
    Tell your "friend" to attend one of these as soon as possible.

http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/mtgdirTOP.html

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by chandler1981 View Post
    I would suggest money management as there are alot of games left until tuesday morning(time to meet the man)
    I wouldn't reccommend a two team parlay simply because if you risk 500, you are probaly only going to win 1300. It would be nice to win it but there is always the possibility of losing. If he picks the games individually, he's only out 50 bucks juice if he splits the two, and if he hits both he's got a grand back! If he loses the parlay he's done. Only my opinion, but I would pick the games I liked most and risk a few hundred each. Maybe even take BC for 500. Then put 200 on a later game. Save some for Sunday, cause the nfl seems to be easier to pick than college for me this year. GL either way.
    totally agree and remember this, "choices don't mean much when there's nothing much to choose from." your buddy has until monday night to close out the parlay. good luck.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

xxProviderxx
    xxProviderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

LOL you guys are not much help. Be supportive, I grinded my ass off on these to games for him, hell I only had 4 to pick from, im just taking orders from him. He said find me a two teamer on the 11 central games, I said OK, whats a friend to do?

I do feel some what bad as I gave him two of my plays for today and got burned as I fall to 3-4 on the week.

I really like BC, and VIG infact im adding them in my plays for tomorrow.

BC -14
    VIG +4 mayb 5 ill check my friends book in the morning
    KY -2.5
    GO -3
    SOCAR +3
    MIZZ +2.5

6-0 tomorrow boys to bring me to 9-4 on the week and I have 3 solid plays on Sunday.
    Last edited by xxProviderxx; 11-24-07 at 03:21 AM.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

if "GO" means Georgia, i'd be weary of that play, over 90% of public on UGA, yet line is 3.5. just saying, cause i'm superstitious when i see heavy one-sided action and hardly any line movement or worse a reverse line movement. as for the original post, i would have to go with V.T. and S.Flor

HAPPY BOY
    HAPPY BOY's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 800

only play for me Mizzou +1.5 Gl to all

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like bc ,vandy

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok i hate giving advice to someone in that shape, but since you asked I have been really really hot. these are my 4 picks

georgia-4
    clemson-3
    kansas-2
    conn +19

AC1318
    AC1318's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by xxProviderxx View Post
    Ok short story he is down biggggggg. He needs a 2 team parlay on the games early games at 11 central tomorrow. Those games are. Why a 2 team parlay early you ask? Cuz he is only willing to loose $500 more this week, so he is going to try to hit the 11 games, 2:30 games and late games to knock a dent in his hole.

South FL -9 vs. PIT

VT -4 vs. VIG

BC -14 vs. MAI FL

NCST -2.5 vs MD

I have looked at these for him for the past 2 hours. Best I have come up with is, VIG and the points, and BC -14

He uses a local book, he has a tendency of jacking up fav lines when top teams are playing. I think he could get VIG at +5 or 6, no worse than 4.

The BC might get jacked up to 15 at worse, im just guessing cuz i know the bookie.

INPUT PLEASE!!!
    tell your buddy suck it up and forget it happened, pay the debt and move on. Forget trying to chase you will only lose more.
    If he wants to be hard headed and go for it then bet these games.

ask LT profits who to bet for NHL rest of weekend also consensus between westsidepete cobra king and betplom
    check nba thread and bet down unders BB plays along with a consensus from leo and tevari for NBA
    college FB ask RICK
    pro and college ask onlooker

I am confident these guys could line him up with the games to help this week then tell him to quit.

but some times people don't like to share the games as the monkey could jump to their back from your buddies and no one wants the cold streak attack.

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    if "GO" means Georgia, i'd be weary of that play, over 90% of public on UGA, yet line is 3.5. just saying, cause i'm superstitious when i see heavy one-sided action and hardly any line movement or worse a reverse line movement. as for the original post, i would have to go with V.T. and S.Flor

No shit.

90% on Georgia, Memphis and Ball State.

I say 2 out of those 3 do not cover.

wtt0315

i think georgia covers easily. Dont really care if 100 percent or 0 percent think that. I have never based my picks one what other thinks happen. I just go off my own accord i guess. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't Not many people predicted arkansas would win straight out yesterday. I was lucky to be one of the few. I dont know about memphis and ball state.

SexyMit
    SexyMit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Pittsburgh +11

zootiehead
    zootiehead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by wtt0315 View Post
    i think georgia covers easily. Dont really care if 100 percent or 0 percent think that. I have never based my picks one what other thinks happen. I just go off my own accord i guess. Sometimes it works sometimes it don't Not many people predicted arkansas would win straight out yesterday. I was lucky to be one of the few. I dont know about memphis and ball state.
    It comes down to the fact that books don't like to just give away money. If 90% of the public is dropping money on a side and the line does not move to even it out, that should tell you something.

linebacker
    linebacker's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have to agree with zootiehead

wtt0315

ok i guess only time will tell. Like i said i have been right and have been wrong, wont be the first or last time Good luck to you guys on todays games.

Dr. Sports
    Dr. Sports's Avatar Become A Pro!

Obviously, your buddy has a huge gambling problem. You should advise him to get help instead of trying to get him 2 teams parlay & 2 more later... You are helping him digging the hold bigger & bigger.. You are not a friend.. You are screwing him more.. And for those mo.rons are giving him picks are not helping neither... This is ridiculous...

My math model showed Virginia Tech is going to whoop
    Virginia at their home field. It's time to face the reality, buddy.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by xxProviderxx View Post

South FL -9 vs. PIT

VT -4 vs. VIG

BC -14 vs. MAI FL

NCST -2.5 vs MD

INPUT PLEASE!!!
    Last edited by Dr. Sports; 11-24-07 at 12:46 PM.

louisvillekid
    slummin it
    louisvillekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3822

Quote Originally Posted by louisvillekid View Post
    well , my parlay hit. too bad i didn't play it myself.