mv09
    mv09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2630

I cant believe I missed this O/U

Texas @ Texas A&M - Under 60

A friend brought this to my attention. I have yet to talk to someone who thinks it will be over. I would have set it in the Mid-to-High 40s and maybe then - I would have gone under. If A&M runs the ball effectively, its going to be a 21-14ish game. If they cant and they get blown out w/ no passing game - then a 35-10 game would be appropriate.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

i dont think A&M gone score much cus.. but GL

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by mv09 View Post
    Texas @ Texas A&M - Under 60

A friend brought this to my attention. I have yet to talk to someone who thinks it will be over. I would have set it in the Mid-to-High 40s and maybe then - I would have gone under. If A&M runs the ball effectively, its going to be a 21-14ish game. If they cant and they get blown out w/ no passing game - then a 35-10 game would be appropriate.
    You may be onto something here. I just remembered last year's game was very tight because I had A&M to cover and they won outright. Let's hope it will be a defensive battle again.

xxProviderxx
    xxProviderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

19 points scored in this game last year in Austin. A&M will have a hard time scoring TD's as always, thats why I like the game line so much. I like the play, my book has it at 61, i need to figure out how to work it into my plays, I may work a small parlay with my other 3 plays. Good find!!!

mv09

Quote Originally Posted by sweethook View Post
    i dont think A&M gone score much cus.. but GL
    There is a very big chance that A&M wont score at all. A&M has had a lot of success with the running and options vs Texas the past 2 years, since this offense started here. If it continues, I can see a ball-control defensive game.

Texas had the #1 run defense last year and Texas ran for 250 yards last year because the option was run with much success. A&Ms defense the past couple of years has realllly stepped up, in a shocking way vs Texas. McCoy did nothing last year and Vince had his worst game in his magical 2005 year vs A&M as well. Prior History, Tendencies, and pretty much everything points to a low scoring game.

Not to mention that this is the 2nd day this winter of sub 50 degree weather, there is a chance of showers in the forcast and there was Ice Pellets outside my house earlier this morning.

If Texas learns to stop the option/run, then the possibility of A&M getting blown out is certainly a possibility. If you stop the option/run, A&M will not score more than 10 pts. I've seen Texas all year and I do believe that we will be able to run the ball, move the clock, and keep it close.

My final prediction is Texas 17 - A&M 13
    Last edited by mv09; 11-23-07 at 11:19 AM.

DICEROLLER79
    DICEROLLER79's Avatar Become A Pro!

im not worried about A & M;s anemic offense but im worried about the texas offense piling the points cause they sure can score. Im leaning towards the under maybe 42-14 UT.
    Any thoughts?

xxProviderxx
    xxProviderxx's Avatar Become A Pro!

TX will score 30 + points, they are to tallented on O for A&M's D. They cant stop the run and will get burned on play action for big plays. I can see A&M moving the ball on the ground a few times, chewing up clock, but I dont see the End Zone in there future. I like the Under and TX to both cover.

mv09

Quote Originally Posted by DICEROLLER79 View Post
    im not worried about A & M;s anemic offense but im worried about the texas offense piling the points cause they sure can score. Im leaning towards the under maybe 42-14 UT.
    Any thoughts?
    I know i'm going to sound very biased (which im not when it comes to money), but Texas really isnt that good this year. Much better than A&M of course, but certainly not a Top 15 team as their record in indicates.

Colt layed a huge egg last year vs the Ags after an amazing fish year (29 TDs 7 INT) - 0 TDs 3 INT

He's only been worse this year (20 TDs 17 INT).

With Coach Fran, the possibility of a blowout always exists, but i'm seeing a real close game. With word that Fran has already been bought out of his contract and this team being seniors and it being their last home game - who knows - maybe they might even win (okay - nvm that, thats crazy talk )

Basicially,
    if A&M runs effectively - close low scoring game
    if A&M cant run the ball - 35-0 Texas win.

A&M has no passing game, it wont be a shootout.

ATS could go either way - but the Over/Under is my bet of the month so far
    Last edited by mv09; 11-23-07 at 11:33 AM.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

Id go with Texas

mv09

Shocked that it was Over. I never expected McGee who never throws for 200 yards to absolutely go off tonight.