djeffectz
    djeffectz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Anybody playing Troy st/Middle Tennessee

Troy St. - 12
    Middle Tennessee

Over/Under 59.5
    Last edited by djeffectz; 11-19-07 at 11:23 PM.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

2 unit play troy - 12 write up is on my thread

clcoyle93
    clcoyle93's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders plus the points over Troy State.

To share in the Conference Championship, Middle Tennessee needs to defeat Troy State on Tuesday, and then watch for the Trojans to lose their final game to Florida Atlantic. Sun Belt Conference underdogs of +7 or more points are a solid 27-8 ATS off a conference loss, including 17-3 vs. a foe off a win.

I am going to take Middle Tennessee State.

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Anyone have the status of Omar H for Troy? I think he is the key to this game. I have been burnt by 3 starting QBs getting injured (Dixon, Garrard, and Bradford) and not really wanting to do the same here tonight. I had Vince Young last night for completions so I almost got burnt for a 4th time. Troy really does not have to win this game so I am concerned if Omar seems hurt, they will pull him and play for next week, which is the game they have to win either way. If Omar is healthy and plays entire game, Troy wins this one easy.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Troy -5.5 and under 65.5
    .5 unit as an action play

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by clcoyle93 View Post
    I like the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders plus the points over Troy State.

To share in the Conference Championship, Middle Tennessee needs to defeat Troy State on Tuesday, and then watch for the Trojans to lose their final game to Florida Atlantic. Sun Belt Conference underdogs of +7 or more points are a solid 27-8 ATS off a conference loss, including 17-3 vs. a foe off a win.

I am going to take Middle Tennessee State.

Troy has 3 losses and all were to ranked SEC teams. Arkansas and Florida in back to back weeks to open the season and a 10 point loss to Georgia, all on the road. With the exception of the Western Kentucky game two weeks ago they haven't won by less than 17, including a 22 point win over Oklahoma St. The Western Kentucky game was understandable, coming off two straight road games and the last one being a tough hard fought game in Georgia.

Tonight they are coming off 10 days rest and playing at home. Add in the fact that if they win they guarantee a tie for the division and a Florida Atlantic loss (not likely) will clinch the Sun Belt for them.

The Troy offense put up 81 points against those 3 SEC teams and Troy is 19-3 at home since 2003.

Omar Haugabook is Probable and expected to play.

Troy should cover this game and then some.

ntgarrett
    ntgarrett's Avatar Become A Pro!

Some useful trends:

Troy is on ATS streaks of 10-1 in games played on grass, 6-1 in conference games and 6-1 against losing teams.

Middle Tennessee is on ATS runs of 8-3 against winning teams, 8-3-1 in Sun Belt contests and 4-0 following a bye.

The under is 4-2 in Middle Tennessee's last six, 4-1 in Troy's last five lined games and 2-0 in the last two meetings.

emat

This game comes down to the health\play of Omar Haugabook. I think Troy wins big if he comes out to play the entire game. I am just concerned they may conserve him for next week as this game really does not matter win or lose. If this was a more desperate situation for them, I would go very large on Troy tonight. 4 QB injuries have or almost taken me out in the past 1-2 weeks. Hopefully, its not a 5th tonight.

theshark
    theshark's Avatar Become A Pro!

troy will never cover this spread...these are 2 pitiful teams i would never touch this game....you are throwing away money betting this game big guy.....theshark

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

# has gotten bet up to 14 now. if you want some mtsu, nows the time.

mgcolby
    mgcolby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Quote Originally Posted by theshark View Post
    troy will never cover this spread...these are 2 pitiful teams i would never touch this game....you are throwing away money betting this game big guy.....theshark
    You clearly have not seen Troy play.

But keep the easy money picks coming!

ntgarrett
    ntgarrett's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like your way off base on this one.....Troy covers and covers easily!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

troy will never cover this spread...
    4th Quarter 9:01 left

Middle Tennessee St. 7
    Troy 45

You would have thought after last week, the shark would have learned....but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

emat

Somebody talk the Shark down from the ledge. Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come for his Gayhawks, I mean Jayhawks.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Haha, glad I didn't follow the shark on this one, was a 3 unit play for me and I -nailed- it.

theshark
    theshark's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by usckingsfan31 View Post
    Haha, glad I didn't follow the shark on this one, was a 3 unit play for me and I -nailed- it.
    thats why i stayed off the game i didnt like it and it sure didnt make my first 30 games....im glad you won though i just like more value for my money....dont i repeat dont make fun of my jayhawks because you will be eating crow big guy....this game im still looking at....theshark

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

thats why i stayed off the game i didnt like it and it sure didnt make my first 30 games....im glad you won though i just like more value for my money....dont i repeat dont make fun of my jayhawks because you will be eating crow big guy....this game im still looking at....theshark
    More value for your money??? Are you serious shark? A four touchdown cover ain't good enough for you?

You've just about single-handedly destroyed this football forum, I'll give you that. If that was your intention, congrats to you. Not only do you go in and bash everyone's plays, but you're the worst handicapper we've ever seen. Most people that are as bad as you would shut up and move on, but you come back and make yourself look even dumber. It's not long until the other serious handicappers follow pags and leave...