Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Ohio State -4 @ Michigan

Okay, I know these games are usually close, but I think Ohio State rolls Michigan in this one. Especially if Michigan plays the backup freshman QB (does anyone have an injury update on Henne?) or if Mike Hart isn't 100%. Michigan's O-line was pathetic last week and Ohio State will dominate on both sides of the ball.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like OSU as well.

Both teams coming off disappointing losses last week.

It will be interesting to see how OSU, which clearly had more at stake last week, responds to the Illinois loss.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

It depends on how either team will deal with their losses last week. That is a big question mark here thats for sure.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I think this game will be won in the trenches, the stat that jumps out is that Michigan gives up 143 yds rushing/game while Ohio State only gives up 86 yds rushing/game. I know Michigan is at home, I just think this line is off. Henne and Hart aren't 100% and if Mallett plays at any point it's over. He just can't handle pressure and makes bad decisions. One day he will probably be good, but it's obvious he's not there yet.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like OSU as well... however I see OSUs rush defense vs Mike Hart in a different fashion than you do. The Buckeyes defense was thrashed on the ground last week by Mendenhal and Williams. They showed a huge weakness. I couldn't believe it myself as I thought the one thing OSU had going for them was their defense. Now maybe they struggled because they were caught in between going after Mendenhal and Williams because often Illinois would line up in a shot gun and fake to Mendenhal on every single play, sometime Williams handed off sometimes he kept it. Still, the Buckeyes D over pursued and missed tackles. Lauranitis completely disappeared in the second half. If Mike Hart is healthy than OSU's rush defense is a BIG question mark to me.

I still like OSU. They have an outside (and I mean OUTSIDE) shot at the BCS Title game (i mean, come on, only 4 of the top 5 teams need to lose in the next two weeks haha-oregon already lost) and I think they will want it more. They have something to prove after a tough loss. The fact that Henne and Hart are banged up will help. There is one thing I will guarantee and thats that it will be a close game. If the line was 3 or less I would take OSU but I wouldn't be surprised if a field goal was the difference

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9450

I'm on Michigan in this one. Can't pass up 4 points at home. Should be a tight game. I think OSU was much better than Michigan in 2005 and needed a score in the final seconds to win (and cover). I don't think they are better than Michigan this year. I like the Wolverines outright, 20-17.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Osu 27
    Mich 17

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

another case of an undefeated team losing at home and then suffering the bubble burst effect. Laying more than a fg is not the answer. UM SU.

area51steve
    area51steve's Avatar Become A Pro!

Having followed this series for many years I can say that it's best to take whatever points you can get. The last two years the games have been decided by 3 and 4 points and that was with a better Ohio State team then this years team. However Henne and Hart are not 100% healthy but this could be Carr's last game against OSU as head coach of Michigan so you gotta figure they're gonna go all out in this one. I'm gonna stay away from this game cause I got much better picks on other games so I'm just gonna watch. If I were to bet I would take michigan and the points. GL everyone!!