Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Late Rose Bowl information

I can't believe I didn't think of this until now, and it has caused me to go from leaning to Texas to playing them for 3 units. Gene Chizik is Texas's defensive coordinator, and he only allowed 47 points to USC in two meetings when he was at Auburn. Now he has better athletes, and I expect him to at least be able to control the potent USC offense, while the Longhorns put up plenty of points to win the game straight up.

RamblinRoyce
    RamblinRoyce's Avatar Become A Pro!

Interesting info. USC is definitely over-rated and all of the hype has people blinded to the abilities of the Horns. They've hyped up USC so much that people believe USC is undefeatable. But one trend i've noticed is the football culture and it's affects. Look at Oklahoma and Nebraska beating up on Oregon and Michigan. Round here in the Mid-West and Texas, there is NO OTHER SPORT...ONLY FOOTBALL. in California, those pretty boys go surfing and primp their hair for fancy schmancy hollywood BS...round here in texas, they shovel shi-ite and wrestle Bulls... and if you fail at Football, you're a failure for life. C'mon fellas, you've seen the movie - "Friday Night Lights"... USC is over-rated, gets all the media hype, and are buncha pretty boys surfin' californians. UT is gonna wrangle em. Sock 'Em, Knock 'Em, Rock 'Em! HOOK 'EM!
    Last edited by RamblinRoyce; 01-04-06 at 05:43 PM.

Dead Money
    Dead Money's Avatar Become A Pro!

Razz,
    I'm pretty sure that the linesmakers in vegas already know this.

I'm still not even sure if I will play this game.

I've almost usig the logic that P Carroll is a far better coach than Mack Brown (IMO)
    and if I do wager it will probabbly be small, and will most likely be for USC just because of that reason.

Anyway if I do wager it will be small.

Good luck to all.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure they know too. But in such a high profile game, I'm sure the line is adjusted more to account for the strong public opinion & hype that USC is the better team. So I think in this case, Razz has a very valid capping point that would suggest leaning to Texas. I believe this line would be lower than 7.5 (now 7 at most) if there wasn't such a strong sentiment toward USC by the media & overall public.

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

ALL Over Texas who needs the points.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Aces
    ALL Over Texas who needs the points.

i do