So Florida -16.5 Syracuse +16.5 L
    Michigan -3.0 Wisconsin +3.0 L
    Texas A+M +19.5 Missouri -19.5 L
    Kentucky -4.0 Vanderbilt +4.0 W
    Connecticut +5.5 Cincinnati U -5.5 L
    Arizona St -7.0 UCLA +7.0 L
    Illinois +15.0 Ohio State -15.0 W
    Kansas -6.0 Oklahoma St +6.0 W
    Last edited by xyzky; 11-11-07 at 08:33 AM.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I like the Bowling Green play. I was thinking about taking that myself. On Wake Forest (got it at +9), on Kentucky (-3.5), and on UConn (+6), but against you on your Michigan St. and Kansas picks. Overall, I like the card though. I'd love to hear your take on the Illinois/Ohio St. game.

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Ill/ohio St Game

ILL LOST 17-10 LAST YEAR. ONE WAY TO LOOK AT THIS SCORE FROM LAST YEAR IS THE FACT THAT ILL HAS IMPROVED AND OHIO ST IS PRETTY MUCH JUST AS GOOD AS LAST YEAR.

ILL SCHEDULE
    Missouri L 40-34
    Western Illinois W 21-0
    @Syracuse W 41-20
    @Indiana W 27-14
    Penn State W 27-20
    Wisconsin W 31-26
    @Iowa L 10-6
    Michigan L 27-17
    Ball State W 28-17
    @Minnesota W 44-17

OHIO ST SCHEDULE
    Youngstown State W 38-6
    Akron W 20-2
    Washington W 33-14
    Northwestern W 58-7
    @Minnesota W 30-7
    @Purdue W 23-7
    Kent State W 48-3
    Michigan State W 24-17
    @Penn State W 37-17
    Wisconsin W 38-17

JUICE WILLIAMS SHOULD BE ABLE TO SPREAD OUT THAT TUFF OHIO ST DEFENSE AND CREATE SOME SCORES.

ILL'S DEFENSE OF LINE WILL BE ABLE TO SLOW DOWN THE OHIO ST OFFENSE.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I guess I just saw what they did to Purdue on the road (also a spread offense) and didn't want to take the chance. I know Purdue doesn't have Mendenhall, but they have a decent receiving core. I won't be playing it, but I wish you luck and would love to see Illinois beat them outright. I can't stand Ohio State, and don't want them playing for the National Title.

xyzky

Bet The House

I Agree 100%, If Ill Can Pull Out The Shocker It Will Set Up The Sec/big 12/pac-10 Matchup For The National Title.

Gl Luck On Your Games This Weekend....

Buckeye
    Buckeye's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9997

Last year OSU overlooked Illinois. It is not going to happen this year. I'll admit Illinois is better this year but so is this OSU team. Illinois is too inconsistent losing at Iowa and could not even beat Michigan at home, how do you expect them to beat OSU? OSU will cover the spread, they are ready for this game!!!!

xyzky

Buckeye

Gl Luck To You Sir...

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I think Ohio State will be ready and will not overlook Illinois also but I do think that Illinois could keep this closer than 15 points though, it is a lot of points to give up in this game. They could win by just 14. I would be careful in this game because of that.

xyzky

Write Up's

ILLINOIS +15
    Illinois is riding into this weekend with good momentum and confidence. Ohio St. came away with a late win against a team that was without their top RB. We are probably going to see the same thing here in this game. Ohio St. comes away with the win at home but will not cover the 2 touchdown +. One thing to be certain of in this game will be Illinois’s confidence; they are young and will swagger into the Shoe thinking that they can win this game.

MICHIGAN +3
    Michigan will win this game by two touchdowns. The game is more important for them to win (Rose Bowl) and the win against WI makes sense for the big set-up game with Ohio St. Michigan will throw all over the Badgers Secondary and when they try to close that down Hart will bust throw gaping holes in the defensive line. Wisconsin will probably score about 13 points, this will not be enough as Michigan roles with around 27 of their own.

MICHIGAN ST. +4
    Lots of signs point to Purdue throwing all over against Mich. St and lots of signs point to MSU running the ball straight down Purdue’s throat. I am taking the points here because MSU will control the clock and keep the ball out of Painter’s hands. MSU needs to get this victory to become Bowl Eligible before Penn St. comes to town.

CONN. +5.5
    This looks to be a very exciting game if you like Defense and Special Teams. It will be a hard hitting game that will be won in the trenches. Yes, Cinn. beat a down spiraling S. Florida, but, so did Conn. With that said I look for a game that is won with a late FG.

LOU/WVU OVER 64.5 W
    This is a no brainer for me. LOU will put up between 24 and 27 points and WVU will put up around 47. To throw this in I will also lay 17 pts with WVU. L

SYRACUSE +16.5
    I like this game because of the slide South Florida has been on. I don’t think Syracuse will win the game, but, they will keep it close. The game is meaningless for Syracuse if they were ever thinking of a Bowl game at the end of the year. But, to make a home stand against a team that was once ranked #2 in the nation will surely make them feel better about this disastrous season.

WAKE FOREST +8.5
    Clemson has not had that hard of a schedule this year, loses to GT and VT and wins against mediocre teams. Wake, on the other hand, has won 6 out of their last 7. Their last was a loss by one point to Virginia. Wake can spread out their offense, much like VT did against Clemson. I see a tuff close game that Wake can pull out.

TCU/BYU OVER 47 W
    BYU is averaging 30.9 pts a game while TCU is averaging 24.2 pts a game. This will more than likely be right around the final score. BYU had a week off while TCU had a lay-up after their week off. Both teams will be rested and ready for a big show down. Look for a defensive struggle for about 10 minutes and then the flood gates will open up.
    ***Bonus: TCU +7*** W

ARIZONA ST. -7
    ASU didn’t really have that bad of a game last week against Oregon. Anybody who bet that game knew it could have went ASU’s way. I see a bounce back game for ASU. They will throw the long ball and throw it often against UCLA with great success. UCLA will only get into the end zone once and kick about 3 field goals. Look for a big win for ASU here.

KANSAS -6
    I am still wondering what happened to OK. ST. during the Texas game. They had it all but won…..They will still be trying to figure this out while Kansas is laying the beat down. Style points will be key for Kansas as they are now shooting for a National Title shot; its revenge time this year for Kansas and there is no slowing this train down.

MISSOURI -19.5
    “Missouri is playing way too well to blow it at home. No one's come close to touching Mizzou in Columbia, while A&M is 1-3 on the road. This isn't going to be pretty.”
    Miss. will pass, and pass and then score all over this team and the defensive will be ready this year after A&M messed up their season a year ago.

Kentucky -4
    Kentucky, has won three in a row over the Commodores and four of the last five. Kentucky’s offensive numbers will be too much for Vandy to overcome. There will be a lot of scoring in Nashville with Kentucky doing the most of it.

BOWLING GREEN -4 W
    I just like the way BG has been playing. Their offense has really picked up as of late and their defense will be looking to shut down Eastern Michigan’s RB Pierre Walker. Look for BG to put up a lot of points and roll on another Friday night win.
    Last edited by xyzky; 11-10-07 at 09:13 AM.

KidDynamite
    KidDynamite's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like UCONN. Probably going with the ML though. I think they can pull out a straight up win.

xyzky

Not Bad

That's a nice start for the week, hopefully a few people were on the OVER's & TCU...

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Michigan is favored by 3, they are not getting points... But I'm with you, I like Michigan anyway. I'm also on Kentucky (bought a half point down to 3).

I think OSU will cover against Illinois. Any reason you see Illinois faring better than Wisconsin and Penn State? Personally, I think the Buckeyes D will swallow Juice Williams alive.

xyzky

Ill/ohio St.

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    Michigan is favored by 3, they are not getting points... But I'm with you, I like Michigan anyway. I'm also on Kentucky (bought a half point down to 3).

I think OSU will cover against Illinois. Any reason you see Illinois faring better than Wisconsin and Penn State? Personally, I think the Buckeyes D will swallow Juice Williams alive.
    HAVING WATCHED BOTH TEAMS THIS YEAR, I REALLY FEEL THAT THIS YOUNG COCKY TEAM WILL BE LOOKING TO PLAY A BIG GAME IN THE HORSE SHOE. THEY ARE PLENTY FAST AND IF THEY CAN GET OUT TO AN EARLY LEAD IT WILL ONLY BUILD ON THEIR CONFIDENCE.

MAYBE I AM WRONG ON THIS GAME, IT'S ACTUALLY A TUFF GAME TO CAP, BUT, I JUST HAVE A STRONG FEELING ON THIS ONE.

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Love it Xy. I'm all over many of those plays already. And as far as the fighting Illini go, they have lost 3 times this year and if you add up by how much you only get 20. So, this being said when/IF they lose, they do it by closer to a TD than 2+. COME ON UPSET lol Would love to roll into Sunday saying what was that Buckeyes? Bucocky in your eye or maybe it was a Juice and Mendenhall tag team, Hollllllla and good luck bro

xyzky

Well

I can't complain on how the week has started...Just a few hours away from seeing how the rest of the week will go....

PerfecTrader
    PerfecTrader's Avatar Become A Pro!

Xy we both have started 4-1 with my loss being a throw away parlay with BG and Army. Out of the rest of your plays I'm with ya on 4 of em and only against ya at Syracuse. Lets keep it up and nice work so far. GL