Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Kansas @ Oklahoma St.

I'm sitting here reviewing my picks for the week and notice that I'm betting against Kansas. Is this really the smart play? The Jayhawks are perfect ATS this year and Oklahoma St. had Texas all but down for the count but somehow found a way to lose that one. Pags has them as a play, I'm just not convinced. Let's hear it crew...

theshark
    theshark's Avatar Become A Pro!

what are you smoking kansas will kill oklahoma st guy...it wont even be a contest...they have the best offense in the country...wake up!!!!!!theshark

VolinArizona
    VolinArizona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Overrated

theshark

you need to look up that definition kansas will play for the natl championship....you can bank on that.....theshark

etothep
    etothep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

Quote Originally Posted by theshark View Post
    you need to look up that definition kansas will play for the natl championship....you can bank on that.....theshark
    willing to take any action on that statement shark?

theshark

sure big guy how much you can afford to lose...theshark

theshark

ill just tell you what im betting on kansas this week ...im putting 5 dimes on them easy money wont shed a sweat...kansas will roll over okla st....if you are smart you will play them ....i love the line kansas should be a 10 point fav over okla st....did the oddsmakers screw that point line up...theshark

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I don't think I can back a team that plays as little defense as Ok. State obviously plays.

When you're up by 21 in the fourth quarter, as they were against Texas last week, you simply can't lose that game.

Kansas probably isn't as good as Nebraska made them appear but I do think they play more defense than Ok. State.
    Last edited by Doc JS; 11-05-07 at 12:28 PM.

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sorry but there is absolutely no way they play for the National title. I would love to see it, I really would. But the fact of the matter is even if they win out, they are not going to get that #2 ranking over LSU... or Oregon for that matter. While I agree that the system is flawed and Kansas deserves a shot in this scenario, its just not going to happen

beyond that, Kansas will not win out. I love this Missouri team. They have come through for me big and I will be all over them when they play, especially if Kansas is favored. Then, assuming the Jayhawks win, they will probably get Oklahoma in the Big 12 championship. I like Oklahoma in that one as well.

No matter which angle you look at this from, the chances are next to nothing that Kansas will play for the title. LSU and Oregon have to lose and Kansas has to beat two top 10 teams, and they have not beaten a ranked opponent all year long!!! Who have they beaten this year? I'll give you A&M at home... and they aren't even ranked. They might even have trouble with the Cowboys this Saturday (though I do believe they will pull it out)

shark, BIG GUY, you're wrong on this one
    Last edited by Furt; 11-05-07 at 12:26 PM.

theshark

i can tell you this flurt it doesnt look to good for lsu the next 2 weeks the patsys they play la tech and ole miss...what a joke...when kansas kills okla st this week they will be right up the tales of the tigers with 2big games left oklahoma and missouri...kansas wins out it will be playing for the natl champ...the one team thats been over rated all year is oregon who hasnt played anyone...that was obvious against a over rated team like ariz st what a joke they should have never been ranked that high...KANSAS GETS THE MARBLES...SORRY BIG GUY IT COULD BE THE TIGERS PLAYING THEM....OHIO ST WILL LOSE TO MICHIGAN..THEY ARE NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL....theshark

Furt

well we'll see what happens. I'd like to see the Jayhawks there but I would bet the house against it

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Didn't Oregon beat USC, Michigan, AND Arizona St? I think they deserve their ranking. We will see if Kansas deserves to be there. If they beat Missouri or Oklahoma I will be impressed.

VolinArizona

Kansas has no quality wins. 5-4 Kansas State (little talent) or 5-4 Texas A&M (who mailed it in 3 weeks ago). Missouri is going to KILL them.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by VolinArizona View Post
    Kansas has no quality wins. 5-4 Kansas State (little talent) or 5-4 Texas A&M (who mailed it in 3 weeks ago). Missouri is going to KILL them.

ARROWHEAD Baby!

VolinArizona

i can tell you this flurt it doesnt look to good for lsu the next 2 weeks the patsys they play la tech and ole miss...what a joke...when kansas kills okla st this week they will be right up the tales of the tigers with 2big games left oklahoma and missouri...kansas wins out it will be playing for the natl champ...the one team thats been over rated all year is oregon who hasnt played anyone...that was obvious against a over rated team like ariz st what a joke they should have never been ranked that high...KANSAS GETS THE MARBLES...SORRY BIG GUY IT COULD BE THE TIGERS PLAYING THEM....OHIO ST WILL LOSE TO MICHIGAN..THEY ARE NOT IMPRESSIVE AT ALL....theshark
    Every team in the BCS top 10 would beat Kansas.

VolinArizona

Just checked the Sagarin schedule strength, and he ranks Kansas's schedule as the 106th toughest, which is the WORST schedule of any BCS conference team.

Kansas should win this Saturday, but could easily lose. This is the best offense their defense has played thus far. Kansas has little chance against Missouri, and it will be a fun day to make money.

Furt

I pray that Kansas wins the next two weeks and comes out a favorite against Missouri (unlikely as most reasonable people will not think KU will win that game). But I will be riding the Tigers hard in that game if the line is anywhere under 6.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    I pray that Kansas wins the next two weeks and comes out a favorite against Missouri (unlikely as most reasonable people will not think KU will win that game). But I will be riding the Tigers hard in that game if the line is anywhere under 6.
    With you all the way on this one!

Teasem

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post

That would be great, but I don't thing we'll get an easy line with it

Teasem

Arrowhead is going to be rocking, it will be one of the most insane college football games this season

Lock-ness monsta
    Lock-ness monsta's Avatar Become A Pro!

Credibility?

Theshark,

You may be correct that Kansas will cover this weekend against Okie State, however, the fact that your icon is the Jayhawk sort of blows all of your credibility. It would be more believable coming from someone with an icon of that hick cowboy mascot from OSU. My favorite team? The one that covers and I guess Kansas has been my fave as of late.

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Kansas will get a chance to prove how good they are (or aren't) over the next several weeks.

If they can beat Ok. State (which I think very likely). If they can beat Mizzou (which I think is highly questionable). And if they can beat OU for the Big 12 Championship, then we can discuss them possibly playing for a national championship.

For now, they're just a team having a nice year. They haven't beaten anyone yet.

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Kansas will get a chance to prove how good they are (or aren't) over the next several weeks.

If they can beat Ok. State (which I think very likely). If they can beat Mizzou (which I think is highly questionable). And if they can beat OU for the Big 12 Championship, then we can discuss them possibly playing for a national championship.

For now, they're just a team having a nice year. They haven't beaten anyone yet.
    question: is the conference championship game held before the bowl selections are made?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

After last weeks scrimmage with Nebraska Kansas gets another easy win. Oklahoma St is a joke. They lost to Troy for god's sake! They sweat to beat Tech and A&M and you think they have a chance against mighty Kansas? No way!

Pistol Pete
    Pistol Pete's Avatar Become A Pro!

living in big 12 country here in texas I have got to watch alot of big 12 football. I fell in love with this jayhawks team early this year and been riding them since. First off they are no fluke. Everyone is waiting for them to fall off the map but they are the real deal.

1st- they do not make mistakes. that is a huge thing and should not be underestimated.

2nd- They are great on D. Sure they gave alot of points last week but all season they have been great on D.

3rd- Create turnovers and rarely turn the ball over themselves.

4th- Awsome 2nd half team. Have not looked at the stats exactly hopefully someone here has the time, but every game i watch them, they start off maybe a little shacky, feel out the defense. Then come 2nd half they make the adjustments and play great football.

5th- awesome coach that makes sure they are prepared each week.

Sorry this is long and maybe some bad spelling but little drunk after monday night celebration with pitt, and I love this kansas team. I have my tickets for big 12 championship game at alamodome and going with my friend a OU fan so should be fun. Last but no least, even if you dont believe in KU remember OSU has played the same way they did against Texas for the past 3 yrs( getting a huge lead and blowing it) so dont read too much into them playing texas close. Esp since texas is not nearly as good as they have been previous years. Sorry so long but love jayhawks hope were on are right side and make some money.

theshark

pistol pete im with you kansas will play for the natl championship...ohio st will have there hands full with illinois this week...you can bet they have michigan on the back of there brain....it will be interesting i think illinois gets the easy cover here....the buckeyes will really be tested...theshark

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Quote Originally Posted by VolinArizona View Post

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

they wont make it past oklahoma for the big 12 championship if they get there. they will probably win the north but oklahoma will kill em they wont beat mizzou and think this game against oklahoma state is going to be tuffer for them than they think

VolinArizona

Like I said, Missouri is going to demolish Kansas

VolinArizona

it doesnt look to good for lsu the next 2 weeks the patsys they play la tech and ole miss...what a joke...
    Which is way better than Iowa State and SE Louisiana, right?

emat
    emat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

Being near Lawrence, I can tell you for the first time all season Kansas fans have officially shed their cloud of doubt that always exists with this program. Suddenly they have no doubt for the upcoming game when they had a lot of doubt against Central Michigan, Toledo, and so on. What this means is they are due for a trip. Okie State will be by far the best offense they have faced (no comparison). I have pretty confident about KU covering\winning most of their previous games, but not this week. I think everyone should lay off this game. And if KU does win, go LARGE on MU in KC vs. KU. Defensively KU may be a bit better than MU, but offensively MU is way ahead and possibly one of the top 5 offensive teams in the country. Its time to fade the Hawks.

greek
    greek's Avatar Become A Pro!

kansas will not beat missouri and oklahoma , they will never beat oklahoma or lsu or oregon

theshark

greek we need more people on here like you...i love your picks you will go down in flames...it seems like you are resting your hopes on missouri and oklahoma to dethrone kansas...well it will be and easy victory for kansas this week...im betting 5 dimes on kansas minus the points...its a early xmas gift the line should be kansas at least a 10 point favorite here...i love kansas in this one to come up big...a rocking chair game...missouri next to bite the dust from the best offensive team in the country kansas...you can take that to the bank big guy.....theshark

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

here's what impresses me most about KU. Perfect ATS - 8-0 so far. I think they can finish the year perfect. To me , they look that good and will continue to be underrated if this thread (except for shark) is any indication.

Question? Has any team ever had a perfect season ATS?
    I would be surprised if it ever happened in the past.

hhsilver
    hhsilver's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29946

Here's something that I am surprised about.
    Kansas went from -5.5 to -6 -105 on pinny and hasn't moved in the past day or so. During that same period , Kansas remained steady on matchbook at -5.5 -105 ( maybe a slight change from -104). Why no takers at matchbook at what looks for now like a bargain price.

12 Last