BravoWhiskey
    BravoWhiskey's Avatar Become A Pro!

BravoWhiskey's CFB Picks for this weekend

Coming of a 10-3 weekend in CFB last weekend with 67 Units in net profit, so I hope to keep that momentum going. I don't like this week's card anywhere near as much as last week's, but there are a few decent plays on the board in my opinion. I'm going to lay some road chalk this week (which I normally am reluctant to do) but I feel pretty good about the road favorites on my list. My "6 pack" of picks this week is as follows:

Nevada - 6 1/2 @ New Mexico State (5 Units)
    Clemson -16 @ Duke (10 Units)
    Colorado State + 21 @ BYU (5 Units)
    Wisconsin + 16 @ Ohio State (10 Units)
    Texas - 3 @ Okie State (10 Units)
    Florida State + 7 @ Boston College (5 Units)

I usually play a couple of parlays/teasers just for fun. I was lucky enough to hit a 4 teamer last weekend. Here are this weeks, for the hell of it:

6 team/6 point "Pleaser" (opposite of teaser, giving points instead of getting them) for a 250/1 Payout! (Risking $10.00 to win $2,500.00)

Football - 307 Nevada -13 for Game
    Football - 325 South Carolina -1½ for Game
    Football - 327 Colorado State +15 for Game
    Football - 355 Michigan -10 for Game
    Football - 357 Texas A&M +15 for Game
    Football - 368 Stanford -3 for Game

7 Team Parlay: ( Risking $10.00 to win $734.30)

Football - 307 Nevada -6½ -115 for Game
    Football - 323 Vanderbilt +16 -110 for Game
    Football - 327 Colorado State +21 -110 for Game
    Football - 339 San Jose State +25½ -110 for Game
    Football - 355 Michigan -4 -110 for Game
    Football - 359 Wisconsin +16 -110 for Game
    Football - 398 Georgia -16 -110 for Game

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have a feeling CSU will go down again this weekend. They just can't get it done. The books do finally have the line right on them though. I have faded them all year and been pretty profitable. BOL this weekend BW.

BravoWhiskey

Living in Fort Collins I'm sure you know as much if not more about Colorado State than anybody else on this board. I just have a feeling on that game. Not that CSU will win mind you, I just have a feeling they will get the backdoor cover. I've been dumbfounded by their (CSU) demise the past couple of years. I've always had tremendous respect for Sonny Lubick and the career he has had there. I live in the deep south, but when Bradlee Van Pelt was the QB there they were one of my favorite teams to watch on TV. I always loved their style of offense, it reminded me of the 80's Redskins offenses in which they used an H-Back and just ran it down people's throats. I don't know if there has been a talent dropoff there, or if it's a matter of other teams in the conference just passing them by. It seems like they should be better than their record indicates the last couple of years. I thought that Kyle Bell would help them re-establish that power running game. Obviously, it's not working for them.

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya I follow them pretty close. Out of all of the games this year... this is the first realist line the books have set. Last week they were only 4 point dogs to a superior Utah team and got smoked.

Ya i miss the good days when BVP was in this town. He brought a great attitude that rubbed off on the rest of the team. He didn't care who was on the other side of the ball.... he was a bad a$$

CSU is the poorest team in the MWC. This is why they have continued their downward spiral. With no financial support, they will not be able to recruit and therefore will cannot get back to where they need to be. Too bad because they have A LOT of potential.

I think this is Sunny's last season. We have tons of talent, but just can't get it done.

Hope you have a good weekend. and I will be rooting for the rams this week.

I am looking into Nevada now.... do you have any insight on that pick?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Even though I am a Florida State fan, I am going against them and your pick. I will be on Boston College -6 on Saturday evening.

Good luck on the others.

BravoWhiskey

I wouldn't really call it insight, I have watched Nevada and NM State a couple of times each this season. One common opponent between the two that illustrated the contrasts in the teams is Boise State. Nevada gave the Broncos all they wanted and then some. New Mexico State got absolutely dominated. I know they were without Chase Holbrook in that game, but they looked overmatched in all phases of the game. Also looking at the recent history of the series the last 2 meetings have been decided by 24 and 27 points respectively. It's a small sample, but Nevada has had their number big time in recent meetings. Not that either team is going to play a lot of defense as they both are allowing around 35 ppg, I just think Nevada's offense is less one dimensional than Hal Mumme's bunch and less prone to turnovers. I think Nevada gets the job done tonight.

OrionSky
    OrionSky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

With you on Texas and Clemson, but against your pick on Wisconsin.

GL this weekend and your Pleasers!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL this week bravo...