tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

4 Picks Saturday

1. Notre Dame -3. I really like Notre Dame because they play Navy every year and beat them bad 38-14 last year. Notre Dame has given up lots of yards and points but that happened because of scheduling. Against the good teams (USC, Georgia Tech, Michigan), Notre Dame's defense was on the field for about 40 minutes in each of those games. It was NOtre Dame's Offense that was doing the 3 and out. Notre Dame's defense is not that bad but when the offense cannot do anything, any defense will struggle somewhat. Notre Dame defense played really well in their only win against UCLA. Reason being was that the offense put up some points and the defense played well. Notre Dame should really not have any problem moving the football against probably the worst defense in the country. They can do whatever they like against this Navy defense. THey will control the clock and give their a defense time to rest. If Notre Dame gets an early lead, they will cruise to their easiest victory of the season. Another reason I like Notre Dame is that Navy has covered all their road games and Notre Dame has not covered any games at home this year. Final score prediction: Notre Dame 37 Navy 17.
    2. Oregon -7.5. Last year ORegon put up a whipping on ASU in Arizona (38-14). Carpenter may not be able to throw the ball as was the case early in the week in practice. With or without Carpenter, ASU will have a long day.
    3. UCLA -1. The jeckyl & Hide show wakes up this weekend. Week to week UCLA has to be the most inconsistent football team in all of college football. After a dismal performance against WAsh St last weekend, I look for UCLA to improve to 5-1 in conference play. Last year UCLA defeated Arizona 27-7. If UCLA had won last weekend against Washington St, I would have stayed away from this game.
    4. Oklahoma -20. Oklahoma with a bye week should really be ready for this game. This has the signs of a 30 plus point blowout. Oklahoma will not forget last years close 17-16 victory. They will be better prepared for Saturday's game. On defense, Oklahoma only gives op 69 yards rushing per game which is bad news for Texas AM. If Texas AM is unable to run the ball, they are in trouble as they will do 3 and out thing all day. I remember a weak undefeated Texas AM team that went into Miami. Texas AM would rather forget that game as they were manhandled. THis was the same Miami team that got creamed by Oklahoma. THis game really is a mismatch. Oklahoma will try hard to run up the score, so that they further move up in the rankings.
    Oklahoma 47 Texas A&M 13

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

Navy has to end the 44 year drought against N.D. I believe they will, and will win outright. This is about the best chance they have to do it.

Crutch
    Crutch's Avatar Become A Pro!

ND is horrible i would take Navy this year