tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nebraska vs Kansas

Kansas should not be a top ten 10 team at all because of the weakest schedule of all time in NCAA history. Kansas had such an easy time with inferior teams that they have been playing. A good college team (ex: Oregon, Florida, LSU, Oklahoma, Virginia Tech) would also be unbeaten if they had such a weak as schedule and be ranked in the top 5. Thank god that the good football teams do not take advantage of scheduling such weak ass opponents as Kansas did this year. Kansas has another advantage with a soft schedule. Their players don't have to play hard considering the competiiton. Kansas does not have many injuries because the level of competition has been weak. Kansas has no clue on what is a hard hitting football game is. Pretty soon when they play someone for real, they will feel the pain. WHat Kansas has done is build confidence by having the weakest college schedule of all time. THey have no reason to move up in the rankings anytime soon. I really hate the Jayhawks and their retarded AD for picking easy schedule. Be like Fresno State and play anyone like they did when USC was ranked #1 two years ago. Fresno State lost the game but the earned respect of the #1 team that year. This year Fresno State played at Oregon and got the beat down. For all those Jayhawk fans, be happy with having a winning record but do not ask for a higher ranking. No wins against a top 25 team is one reason why Kansas does not belong there. Forget about football, because Kansas will not repeat itself next year even if has the weakest schedule in the country next year.

This is a game that most of us should stay away from. There is no upset here. I just cant wait til Kansas plays one of the major college powerhouses and gets the beat down. I like to see them in a hard hitting football game and feel the pain of college teams with a real schedule.

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

I agree with your assessment of Kansas, but my Huskers blow. Kansas in a rout.

I hope Kansas gets to the Big 12 title game so they can get stomped by Oklahoma.

TheGambler
    TheGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Hey Tab, i appreciate your thoughts and feelings about the kansas jayhawks but i completely disagree with your analysis. yes, it is a little unusual for KU football to be in the top 10 and still undefeated. people can talk about their schedule all they want, but at the end of the day, we are talking about 18-22 year old kids who hopefully perform the best they can and follow what the coach has to say. with that said, this KU team is not as talented as many other teams position by position. The problem with most kids now days is that they are not coachable. It is very uncommon to find a team that does not have a superstar but still does very well. that is exactly what this KU team is doing. I live in Lawrence, KS and know several members of this coaching squad. This team is special in that they have bought into what Mangino has preached and they are executing to the plan each and every game. If you look at their last 3 "tough" games, you will see that they came out in the 2nd half and executed with perfection. Mangino is one of the best coaches as making adjustments and he actually has a group of kids that will listen to him. In all honesty, we probably do not match up to LSU, OU, Ohio State position by position. But I would rather have 22 kids who believe in my system and have a motivation to succeed. Based on this, the program is starting to have success. You can say what you want about their schedule but at the end of the day, they win the games they are supposed to where as other top 10 teams go through the motions and end up losing a game or two. You also said that you want them to play OU in the championship game. I'm not saying that we would necessarily win the game, but i guarantee you we would have 22 kids show up and follow a game plan. I'm also not one to say well OU got beat by CU and we beat CU so we would win. ONce again, these are 18-22 year old kids we are talking about. Every saturday is a different one. Finally, no hard feelings and I don't want to cause an argument but I do disagree with you and I am proud of these kids and I wish that all of college sports could have kids disciplined similar to how these KU kids are.

Reverse
    Reverse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ws1975 View Post
    I agree with your assessment of Kansas, but my Huskers blow. Kansas in a rout.

I hope Kansas gets to the Big 12 title game so they can get stomped by Oklahoma.
    I would be surprised if they get to the big12 champ considering they have to play Mizzou.

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Even a huge Kansas fan (which I'm not) couldn't dispute that their non-conference schedule was ridiculously easy. I agree with the earlier post that it does help build confidence, depth, and keep injuries down as well. All I know is the Jayhawks are covering the spread week after week and actually dominating more than the score indicates in Big 12 play. I lived in Texas for 11 years and I guarantee that Texas A&M doesn't get beat down often in Kyle Field...even with lesser teams like the 2007 version. The Jayhawks led 19-0 in the 4th quarter and it could've been 30-0 very easily...3 short missed FGs! No one is disputing Oklahoma's ranking, but did they win at Colorado like Kansas? Kansas will crush Nebraska tomorrow, but the bigger tests come down the road. They still play Oklahoma State, Missouri, and the Big 12 Championship if they make it that far. So unlike Ohio State, who faced the same kind of non-conference slate, the Jayhawks will be tested down the stretch. I'm rooting for them to pass this test and my wallet thanks them for all the bailouts as well! I get tired of hearing about LSU myself! They lost to Kentucky and should've lost 2 more! If they played Kansas, I would give the Jayhawks a TD advantage just on coaching alone. The fat man isn't stupid enough to run up the middle on 4th & 3 like Les Miles did against Kentucky!
    Last edited by Mr Handicapable; 11-02-07 at 11:51 PM.

Mr Handicapable

Hey Tab...hows 80 sound LOLl!! Kansas is for REAL BABY!! They're currently at 69 points...I sort of hope they fold up the shop because I like the line value they get week after week!!

Mr Handicapable

Fat Man is going BELECHEAT on them in Lawrence....LMAO!!
    90 if they want no problem!

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    LOL!!!

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Handicapable View Post
    76 sadly, could have gone 100