bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama vs. Texas Tech preview

**Alabama vs. Texas Tech**
    Cotton Bowl, Dallas, TX.

--Most spots are listing Texas Tech (9-2 SU, 4-5 ATS) as a 3 1/2-point 'chalk' with a 47 1/2-point tally. The Crimson Tide are available on the money line for a plus-145 payoff.

--Alabama (9-2 SU, 3-6 ATS) lost back-to-back games to thwart its chances to win the school's first national title since 1992. However, the Crimson Tide will be more than happy if they can go home with a 10-win season under their belt.

--Texas Tech played a creampuff schedule, facing just three opponents who went to bowl games. With that said, the Red Raiders did win two of those three games, narrowly beating Nebraska and Oklahoma in Lubbock, while losing 52-17 at Texas.

--Alabama leaped into the top 10 after demolishing Florida by a 31-3 count on Oct. 1. However, it was a bittersweet victory because junior WR Tyrone Prothro suffered a broken leg and was lost for the year. The 'Bama offense hasn't been the same since. Prothro was the team's most dynamic playmaker and was possibly en route to garnering All-American honors.

--Alabama had a balanced attack prior to Prothro's injury. Since then, the Crimson Tide has naturally been more focused on pounding the ball with a ground attack led by Kenneth Darby, who has rushed for 1,161 yards, averaging 5.5 yards per tote. The passing game remains a threat, though, as evidenced by Brodie Croyle's outstanding TD-INT ratio of 13/4.

--Not only is Croyle without Prothro, but there's a possibility that D.J. Hall, the Tide's premier wideout next to Prothro, could be missing. Hall is listed as "questionable" due to disciplinary reasons.

--Texas Tech QB Cody Hodges has enjoyed a sensational season, completing 67.7 percent of his throws for 4,042 yards. Hodges compiled a 30/12 TD-INT ratio.

--Alabama has failed to cover the number in four straight bowl games. It hasn't won a post-season game since beating Iowa State 14-13 in the 2001 Independence Bowl.

--Mike Shula's team went 1-1-1 ATS as an underdog this year. During his three-year tenure, 'Bama is 5-8-1 as a 'dog.

--The 'under' is 4-3 for 'Bama, 3-3 for Texas Tech.

--FOX will have the telecast at 11:00 a.m. Eastern

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I expect a low score game with TT covering. Good luck everybody.

bigboydan

i'm wondering if bama defense can stop tech's offense at all.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

TT should have trouble scoring. Alabama will have a hard time moving the ball.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

I dont think TT will have a hard time scoring.

Im leaning toward TT in this one. But it would be hard to lay the -3.5.

bigboydan

i disagree ILL, i think that bama's offense can score off tech's defense.