BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Favorite Bowl Games to Watch

What are your favorite bowl games to watch regardless of the matchup....that is, what bowl games do you most look foward to?

These are some of my favorites:

1) Rose Bowl....i've always loved the Rose Bowl b/c of the Big Ten/Pac-10 matchup but it's lost some of its luster once the BCS took it over....still a great scene, well-broadcast, and it usually turns out to be a great game

2) Capital One (AKA Citrus Bowl)....anytime you can get top tier teams from the Big Ten and SEC together then you are in for a great game. This game has a great history of matchups.

3) Sun Bowl....usually a very competitive game between the Big Ten and Pac-10. Very competitive games. I love the stadium in which the game is played especially when they do the overhead shots and you see the mountains in the backdrop. Great Broadcast from CBS on this one...Vern Lundquist and Todd Blackledge do a great job over the years with this one. I'd love to go to this bowl game in the future and begin an alumni of two Big Ten universities I may get the chance too soon.

4) Cotton Bowl....nice matchup to wake up to on New Years day between the SEC and Big-12. Usually a combination of two top 15 teams from two major conferences. A lot of great players have played in this game but lately this game has just not been competitive enough.

Underated Bowl:

Holiday Bowl: Almost always a great game since it began. This bowl does a great job in selecting high quality teams for great matchups. Very nice atmosphere in San Diego. One of the best non-new years day bowls

Emerging Bowl:

Music City Bowl: Anytime you can get either a Big-Ten, SEC, or ACC school to play one another you are usually in for a good game. It's almost a decade old this game and for the most part the games have been well played. This is a bowl game that could possibly end up like the Holiday Bowl...would prefer to see the time moved to the evening.

Anyone else?

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Rose Bowl is the one i watch every year no matter what the matchup might be.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I would say the Sugar Bowl.