BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

For Everyone Giving Pags Crap About Going 0-4 To Start Off The Week....

How about handicapping your own plays, and then coming back and comparing? I'm sure even Pags himself would tell you to put in your own research. In the long run I'm sure you'd be fine just blindly following his plays, but to do so you must have a decent bankroll and be prepared to take the good with the bad. To give the guy hell and put him on a guilt trip about losing all your money is unfair to say the least...

Pags unfortunately all handicappers who start off the season so hot have to endure what you're going through right now. I'm sure you've seen this cycle play out with other cappers. You perform excellently, more and more people jump on the bandwagon, and then by the time you lose you have more people upset with you than ever. GL the rest of the day and tomorrow mate...

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really thought Northwestern would cover. They have done well for me this year. It looked like they just gave up at the middle of the fourth quarter.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

My day has started off terrible as well. 0-2 and the 3 games that or active right now are losing as well. I really need things to turn around in a hurry.

BigBollocks

I was quite surprised to see that Northwestern final as well, particularly when they were leading early in the 4th...

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Just out curiousity...nobody has said anything yet. Are you referring to anyone in particular? Yes of course he deservies no criticism as does anyone who posts their plays. He'll get it going by night's end...

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

I hate Purdue. And I hate a system that promotes banging away at a meaningless touchdown in the final seconds when taking 3 knees would've ended the game.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeah who is giving him crap? Everyone is entitled to an off week. Hell the way Pags has been going, he's entitled the be off the rest of the season and he'd still come out ahead!

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    I hate Purdue. And I hate a system that promotes banging away at a meaningless touchdown in the final seconds when taking 3 knees would've ended the game.
    I believe it was Fitzgerald that called a timeout down by 11 with 45 seconds left and ticking.

BigBollocks

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Just out curiousity...nobody has said anything yet. Are you referring to anyone in particular? Yes of course he deservies no criticism as does anyone who posts their plays. He'll get it going by night's end...
    BB there was one person in particular saying he lost his bankroll tailing his plays, and I was hoping this would preempt any further bashers. Pags is a really sharp and well reasoned poster, and is having an amazing start to the season. The unfortunate part, as you know, is that he can go 9-0, then lose three picks in a row, and some of his followers will be broke due to bad money management (and subsequently blame it on him). Pags obviously doesn't need anyone to "have his back," but it can certainly be difficult to carry the weight of being put on a guilt trip for money people would have most likely lost eventually anyways.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigBollocks View Post
    BB there was one person in particular saying he lost his bankroll tailing his plays, and I was hoping this would preempt any further bashers. Pags is a really sharp and well reasoned poster, and is having an amazing start to the season. The unfortunate part, as you know, is that he can go 9-0, then lose three picks in a row, and some of his followers will be broke due to bad money management (and subsequently blame it on him). Pags obviously doesn't need anyone to "have his back," but it can certainly be difficult to carry the weight of being put on a guilt trip for money people would have most likely lost eventually anyways.
    Anyone who loses their bankroll on 3 games shouldn't be gambling.

shrax4
    shrax4's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Anyone who loses their bankroll on 3 games shouldn't be gambling.
    But what if they were locks???

And I completely agree.

dwaechte
    dwaechte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 235

Quote Originally Posted by Wassymac View Post
    I believe it was Fitzgerald that called a timeout down by 11 with 45 seconds left and ticking.
    True, but at that point Purdue had already made it clear they were going to do everything they could to try and score. If they had started kneeling, I doubt the time out would've been used.

Wassymac
    Wassymac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by dwaechte View Post
    True, but at that point Purdue had already made it clear they were going to do everything they could to try and score. If they had started kneeling, I doubt the time out would've been used.
    They ran the same vanilla run play 6 times to the right on that drive. I'm not sure if that is all Tiller could come up with.
    Last edited by Wassymac; 10-27-07 at 06:03 PM.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't see anyone giving pags crap....

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I just think it is so sweet that you would stand up for your man like that. That's cute

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I took Colorado but I missed with Nevada. So far I am 1-1 and i have Penn State tonight, so I hope to hit that game.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Not only do his posted plays get very many posts...now reaction to his week does. Let's move on fellows and cap next week's games. instead of dwelling on tonight.

Lot of guys got hurt by this weekend's card....