Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

Furt's Week 9 Picks

I'm new to this site so I am going to start a fresh 0-0... I've had a good deal of luck betting CFB this year, more so than the NFL, which is unusual for me. I had BC last night so I'm off to a good start. Here are my other plays for the week.

West Virginia -6 @ Rutgers
    Northwestern +13 @ Purdue
    Texas A&M +2.5 vs. Kansas
    Ohio State -3.5 @ Penn St
    Cal +3 @ Arizona St
    South Carolina +3 @ Tennessee
    Michigan St -3 @ Iowa

You're thoughts?

Furt

Adding two picks:

New Mexico St @ Hawaii under 80

and

Texas-El Paso +6 vs. Houston

hairydawg75
    hairydawg75's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any particular reason for SC +3? I'm right there with you on the A&M pick.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

with you on TXAM. I would say for the NMSU/Hawaii Under 80 you may, believe it or not, get a better number. That's the last game on the board and that line should be driven up. That is about as high a total as I've ever seen.

Hell, I've seen Ivy league basketball games with totals just slightly higher. Should be a fun game to watch....plan on staying up later b/c neither team runs the ball.

Furt

Its a classic matchup of an offense team in Tenn vs a Defensive team in SC... I think SCs defense will prevail.

Defense Defense Defense... Tennessee gives up 33 a game while SC gives up 15 while they both avg around 30. South Carolina is 9-1 ATS on the road in their last 10. They play well on the road (winning at Georgia and playing LSU tough). I will say SC's defense against the run is shaky but that make up for that in their secondary(best pass defense in the nation). Add to that that Tennessee's receiving core is banged up(2 of their top 3 are questionable)

Also, The Vols give up 250 yards through the air... it will be up to Smelley to take advantage of that but with Spurrier at the helm I think they can. The Vols big problem is a lack of pressure on the QB, getting just 1.2 sacks a game.

Tennessee's pass protection is second to none but if the Gamecocks can get even a little pressure on Ainge, make him hurry a bit, I think Ainge will struggle against the tight SC secondary.

I realize, the pick is a little bit out there on a limb, considering its a night game at home for the Vols. But I think you'll see SC pull it out

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL Furt.

fraser37
    fraser37's Avatar Become A Pro!

can anyone give me their analysis on texas a&m covering this game? I'm not saying i love kansas but no number i look at points to a&ms direction.

Everyone believes that kansas is overrated because of the level of competition they have faced. They have beat these teams by a margin of 35 points.

A&M is a rushing team, Kansas stops the run. (Col good running team 33 carries 66 yards)
    At Colorado not an easy game.
    Momentum is on Kansas side.

Where is the value in taking a team that is 7-0 SU and 6-0 ATS? If anything stay away.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL to you this week furt...

hairydawg75
    hairydawg75's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Furt View Post
    Its a classic matchup of an offense team in Tenn vs a Defensive team in SC... I think SCs defense will prevail.

Defense Defense Defense... Tennessee gives up 33 a game while SC gives up 15 while they both avg around 30. South Carolina is 9-1 ATS on the road in their last 10. They play well on the road (winning at Georgia and playing LSU tough). I will say SC's defense against the run is shaky but that make up for that in their secondary(best pass defense in the nation). Add to that that Tennessee's receiving core is banged up(2 of their top 3 are questionable)

Also, The Vols give up 250 yards through the air... it will be up to Smelley to take advantage of that but with Spurrier at the helm I think they can. The Vols big problem is a lack of pressure on the QB, getting just 1.2 sacks a game.

Tennessee's pass protection is second to none but if the Gamecocks can get even a little pressure on Ainge, make him hurry a bit, I think Ainge will struggle against the tight SC secondary.

I realize, the pick is a little bit out there on a limb, considering its a night game at home for the Vols. But I think you'll see SC pull it out
    All very good points. Having seen firsthand Tenn destroy my dawgs, if they get on a roll early it could mean lights out for SC as they aren't a team that scores in bunches. However if it becomes a defensive struggle I can see SC coming out with a victory. Their musical chairs at the quarterback position is also something to consider. Should be a good game. Good luck on your picks!

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

I was thinking about adding that WV -6 and the over in that game.

Furt

that was an interesting SC game, huh? a 'tale of two halves' if I've ever seen one...

finished 5-4-1 for the week... luckily I laid the most wood on my Buckeyes...