rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

rjt's Week 9 NCAA Plays

Sides: 22-14-3, +16.89
    Totals: 8-8-1, -1.82
    ML: 3-4, +.25
    YTD: 33-26-4, +15.32

Pressed for time, so just a few thoughts on each play:

2* Washington -3 (-120): (Bought 1/2 pt.) Both teams have struggled mightily of late, but there's one big difference: Arizona's packed it in - coach Mike Stoops is on his way out, the last straw being a home loss to Stanford. There's just nothing left for 'Zona to play for in what has been a very disappointing season. Willingham always has his team playing hard, and a conference win here would go a long way for a predominantly young squad. Even after getting gashed for 450+ on the ground against Oregon, the Huskies' defense should perform better against a 'Zona team that can't run the ball. Jake Locker and co. moved the ball with ease against the Ducks, and that trend should continue against Arizona's defense, which has mysteriously disappeared this season after being the strength of the club a year ago.

1* Illinois -13.5 (-105): After two tough conference losses, this is a good spot for Illinois, particularly the offense, to get right. Nate Davis and the Ball St. offense will put a few in the end zone, but the Cardinals' defense hasn't stopped anyone all year, and facing the best offense they've seen will lead to more of the same.

1* Texas Tech -13: Tough spot for Cody Hawkins, who's going to have to play the game of his life for the Buffs to keep this one close. Tech was embarrassed at Mizzou, but Harrell returning home against a lesser opponent spells trouble for a Colorado team struggling moving the ball and committing too many turnovers.

1* Tulane +1: Memphis a road fave in conference play? Ridiculous. Matt Forte's rushed for over 200 yards in 3 straight games, and against a Memphis defense allowing 176 YPG he should continue racking up huge yards on the ground.

1* Washington St. +6.5: Cowan returning has helped, but despite being tied for first in the Pac 10, I still think UCLA is the 6th best team in the conference. Wazzou's 0-4 in conference play, but they're pretty tough at home. They should have beaten ASU, and if not for a few bad calls, would have. The Cougs still feature one of the best offenses in the conference, QB Alex Brink will play on Sunday, and despite WSU's struggles on defense, UCLA's offense isn't explosive enough for the Bruins to pull away, particularly on the road.

Was planning on playing Fresno +, but I missed the opener at 6, so unless the number creeps back up I will prob. pass. Waiting on 1 total, maybe more, but for the most part this is the final card.

Good luck everyone.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

rjt,

keep up the good handicapping my friend...GL to you this week...

rjt721

Thanks pags. Good luck to you as well.

Adding:

Kansas/Texas A&M UNDER 55.5

Final card:

2* Washington -3 (-120)
    1* Illinois -13.5 (-105)
    1* Texas Tech -13
    1* Tulane +1
    1* Washington St. +6.5
    1* Kansas/A&M UNDER 55.5

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

With you on one and against you on one. Good looking card though rjt. The others I don't have much of an opinion although if you like the Kansas/AM under that is a good sign that A&M will come through.

Good luck this weekend!

rjt721

Adding 1 more:

1* Fresno St. +3 (-102): Definitely would have been a play at +6, but even at the current number, Ian Johnson's absence makes this too good to pass up.

Straight Wilkesn
    Straight Wilkesn's Avatar Become A Pro!

RTJ,

Great call on those games... I'm going strong on the Illinois game...Fresno St might be a money line lock...

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I'll be on the ML tomorrow. Just waiting for my bet to get matched at Matchbook.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm going to bet Wash small myself. Wash had a tough stretch of games recently. Should be a nice change of pace to play a bad AZ team. Also what would of this line been a month ago? -12?

Good capping rjt

Seems like a lot of good cappers are on Wash on Saturday.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Hey RJT. I am with you on Texas Tech and Tulane. No action on your other games.

Good luck this weekend.

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by Straight Wilkesn View Post
    RTJ,

Great call on those games... I'm going strong on the Illinois game...Fresno St might be a money line lock...
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    I'll be on the ML tomorrow. Just waiting for my bet to get matched at Matchbook.
    Agree with both of you .... I think Fresno wins outright. Came close to playing the ML, but decided to take the 3-pt. cushion with the reduced juice at MB.

Good luck.

imgv94

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear View Post
    Whats your bet?

rjt721

Quote Originally Posted by imgv94 View Post
    I'm going to bet Wash small myself. Wash had a tough stretch of games recently. Should be a nice change of pace to play a bad AZ team. Also what would of this line been a month ago? -12?

Good capping rjt

Seems like a lot of good cappers are on Wash on Saturday.
    Yeah, Washington's 0-4 conference record is a bit misleading in that they've played the top 4 teams in the Pac 10.

There's no motivation for 'Zona to play well here, particularly after a deflating home loss to Stanford last week. Stoops is basically a lame duck. You know Ty will have the Huskies ready to play, which is more than you can say about Stoops and 'Zona.

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Hey RJT. I am with you on Texas Tech and Tulane. No action on your other games.

Good luck this weekend.
    Good luck looker.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Whats your bet?
    +141

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rjt721 View Post
    Yeah, Washington's 0-4 conference record is a bit misleading in that they've played the top 4 teams in the Pac 10.

There's no motivation for 'Zona to play well here, particularly after a deflating home loss to Stanford last week. Stoops is basically a lame duck. You know Ty will have the Huskies ready to play, which is more than you can say about Stoops and 'Zona.

Good luck looker.
    I really disagree with Washington on Saturday. I think Arizona is the right side to that game.

imgv94

buddy why do you like Az?

I'm not crazy over Wash myself but they appear to be a good play.

rkcolston
    rkcolston's Avatar Become A Pro!

rjt721,
    The Kansas/TAMU game is a great play. Will be watching my Aggies most likely lose, but the under is awesome. Will bet big and be watching from the 7th row!!!! GIG'EM UNDER!
    ...can the Aggies cover?????

BuddyBear
    Update your status

buddy why do you like Az?

I'm not crazy over Wash myself but they appear to be a good play.
    Arizona has a strong rushing defense....Locker is the worst rated passing QB...good with his legs but that's it. Washington is not a good team at all and is a year or two away. Arizona falls into some really strong sytems this week as well. I'll take my chances with Arizona to bounce back...

BravoWhiskey
    BravoWhiskey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks solid. I'm with you on both the Washington and Washington State picks, those are two I was considering. Call me crazy, but I'm going the other way on TT. I think Colorado somehow backdoors that one. I also like the Kansas/A&M under, but I'm not touching the side on Illinois-Ball State or Memphis-Tulane. Looking at it, the over on the Illinois/Ball State matchup is intriguing (59 1/2 right now with my book) There will be a lot of offense in that game I believe. Good luck!

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

good discussion in this thread...keep it up guys...

Furt
    Furt's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like the picks especially Washington st... you never know what you're gonna get from UCLA. They are too inconsistent to be giving away 6 on the road

nevadaside
    nevadaside's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really liking the WSU+6.5 play the more I look into their past efforts vs UCLA.....seems they have an axe to grind w/the Bruins.

Usually I stay away from UCLA because they like to step up out of nowhere at times & ruin your day.....don't believe they will on this day though.

Keep up the great play rjt.....you've been rippin it up.

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Illinois will be money this weekend.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree with buddy here....gl rjt

rjt721

Adding:

1* Minnesota +21.5 (+103): Both Henne and Hart sitting this one out, and it's raining pretty steadily in Ann Arbor. Will be tough for UM to cover this number given the circumstances.

1.5* Minny/UM UNDER 58.5 (-106): With the rain and Mallett's inexperience, UM figures to hand the ball off to Brown and Minor, who aren't big-play backs, early and often, eating up the clock in the process.

rjt721

3-5-1, -3.07

36-31-5, +12.25

imgv94

Looking forward to your stuff next week. Always one of the best threads here.