EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

Music City Bowl

My power ratings yield:

Minnesota by 6.5
    Total: 57.5

I hope you guys don't come out and say you like Virginia here because I am already down heavy on Minnesota tomorrow on the moneyline. I just absolutely love the fact that Minnesota has the ability to run the ball down team's throats (I would go as far as to say they can run it on anyone in the country and run it rather easily). Their offensive line is awesome and they have a dual threat at running back. I have been monitoring this line for awhile and I got:

ML @ BetCRIS @ -175 (bet on Tuesday)
    ML @ Pinnacle @ -185 (bet Thursday morning)

I can't find info on whether the coordinators hired by Temple and K-State are coaching in this game. If not, I think that is a major problem for UVA as well. If anyone has info on this, please post it or post a link for me to go check that out.

Anyway, I absolutely love the Gophers here. Hope everyone else feels the same.

E

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll finally agree with you on one E.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

OK, so we've got a good bowl team in Minnesota, you give these guys time to prepare and they are that much better...I like coach Glenn Mason and I love their O-Line and backs (that's right, I said backs) Maroney and Russell (as good of a one-two punch as their is in the country)...QB Cupito has developed nicely and has tall and athletic WR's/ TE's (Spaeth and Wheelright to name a few)...Minnesota's defense is fast, but not big...I really think their strength is in their LB core...this should match-up well with Virginia, because they are primarily a running/ short passing game team...I don't like head coach Al Groh at all...Marcus Hagans has some serious issues throwing the ball, but can make plays with his feet...RB Wali Lundy has never regained the form from last year when he was one of the top backs in the ACC...Virginia is usually pretty talented on the defensive side of the ball, but at least two NFL caliber players will not play in this one...GL...

goldengoat
    goldengoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

nice breakdown pags

who from the virginia d is not playing?

pags11

Ahmad Brooks off the top of my head (arguably their best defensive player)...go to collegefootballnews.com and click on the injury/ news archive and it will tell you more...GL goldengoat...I'm not as high on this as I am with the -3 play I have, but get it before it goes to seven for sure if you plan on backing Minny and maybe play a little lighter...

BRabbit
    BRabbit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me being a K-State fan, I can tell you that Ron Prince (Virginia's ex-OC) will not be coaching for them in this game. I'm not sure about the Temple guy.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tough break E. Virginia really played some inspirred football today.

EBone

Yeah, Va really was better especially in the 2nd half. After those first 3 drives by the Gophers, they just shut it down from there. Bad break......oh well, time to move on. Thanks for the sympathy though, Illusion.

E

pags11

how about Glenn Mason's playcalling the second half...I was pretty pissed...congrats Virginia backers...

EBone

Pags,

I think the play-calling crap all started with that drive that stalled at the end of the first half when they turned the ball over on downs. I thought they mixed it up well those first 3 drives but after that 4th drive where they stalled with running Maroney on 2nd and 10 and then passing on 3rd and 4th down, it was a downhill slide from there.

Oh, well.....over and down with. On to bigger and better things, hopefully.

E

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think Glenn Mason lost all his leverage in contract talks after yesterday's debacle. He should be happy if they still keep their current offer on the table. What an idiot.