justdoingit
    justdoingit's Avatar Become A Pro!

What about them ducks?

So i have been riding Oregon all year and coming into washington at -11 seems to me they will take this by at least 14 why are the bookmakers still giving them this soft line?

AJ
    AJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

seriously?....

AJ

tab
    tab's Avatar Become A Pro!

Riding Oregon

Quote Originally Posted by justdoingit View Post
    So i have been riding Oregon all year and coming into washington at -11 seems to me they will take this by at least 14 why are the bookmakers still giving them this soft line?
    I would be a bit a cautious here. That is still a lot of points and you got to realize that Wahington is coming off a double digit loss last week. They will come out and play hard for their coach and will be trying for an upset. I would stay away from this game and especially the upsets that we have seen in the last couple of weeks with our ranked teams.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Well, Oregon is 5-1 ATS this year, and Washington is giving up a gastly 432 yards a game coming into this one. Might not be a bad play.

puttn4par
    puttn4par's Avatar Become A Pro!

Washington is just is just plain bad... Oregon is the play all day.

ws1975
    ws1975's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1486

I think Washington will give the Ducks a tough game. Oregon will win but won't cover

Dan
    Dan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Washington is a HUGE historical school rivalry for us (Oregon) that dates back to 1948. Oregon and Cal tied for the conference lead and that meant it went to a Pac 10 vote for the Rose Bowl. Washington picked Cal and Cal went to the Rose Bowl that year. Then the Huskies said they wouldn't play Oregon on the road unless it was in Portland. In the 60's there was a movement to oust Oregon, Oregon State, and WSU from the Pac 10 because they supposedly were no longer competitive. Washington didn't object. In the 70's we ran up the score on Washington 58-0. The next year they ran up the score on us 66-0. In 1994 we ran back a 97 yard interception thrown by Damon Huard that propelled us to our first Rose Bowl in 37 years. Now that Washington is no longer dominant over us it just grows more intense.

My boss has been to every Ducks game (home and away) this season but she won't be going to Washington for this one. The fans are extremely hostile. Should be a hard fought game.

AJ
    AJ's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Washington is a HUGE historical school rivalry for us (Oregon) that dates back to 1948. Oregon and Cal tied for the conference lead and that meant it went to a Pac 10 vote for the Rose Bowl. Washington picked Cal and Cal went to the Rose Bowl that year. Then the Huskies said they wouldn't play Oregon on the road unless it was in Portland. In the 60's there was a movement to oust Oregon, Oregon State, and WSU from the Pac 10 because they supposedly were no longer competitive. Washington didn't object. In the 70's we ran up the score on Washington 58-0. The next year they ran up the score on us 66-0. In 1994 we ran back a 97 yard interception thrown by Damon Huard that propelled us to our first Rose Bowl in 37 years. Now that Washington is no longer dominant over us it just grows more intense.

My boss has been to every Ducks game (home and away) this season but she won't be going to Washington for this one. The fans are extremely hostile. Should be a hard fought game.

i like oregon in this game and i think they will cover... i was at the the oregon wsu game last weekend in oregon and it was insane... i go to wsu but was not expecting much from us and made some cash on the game as we got worked... again.. i know for fact that the ducks i stayed with all hate the huskies... it's intense... good luck to you all..

AJ

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play what you will, but a lot of things point to Washington giving Oregon a real battle here:

Bad defense trying to stop Jake Locker and an emerging offense.
    Home/road dichotomy - Oregon is a top five team at home, but barely a top 25 team on the road. Washington at home has already taken USC to the final minute and led Ohio State in the second half.
    Lookahead - Check Oregon's schedule.
    Ty as an underdog.
    Home underdog in a rivalry game.
    Missing playmakers from UO offense.

RogueScholar
    Chairman Of The Board
    RogueScholar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 135

I've got the Huskies for this game, and the amusing factor that got me leaning that way was coaching. Tyrone Willingham seems to have his fingers quite capably on the heartstrings of his players, being able to ramp up the intensity level when the situation requires it. On the other sideline, the so-called "Dean" of the Pac-10 coaches, Belotti, has been inconsistent at best in big-time situations. A long-standing rivalry game, coupled with the fact that Oregon will probably be looking ahead to the Trojans equals an ugly Duck win by 4 points.