SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Question of the day: Michigan vs Big Red

Also,if that Mich guy would've tossed it back 1 more time @ the 15 yrd line the Wolverines would've won because he had 2 teammates right behind him and zero Neb defenders to tackle them.Why in the hell did the Mich guy get tackled without throwing the ball backwards anyway?
    You are right. He could have handed it to the speedy receiver on his right when he was on the 30 and then become the lead blocker.

Keep in mind there were two Nebraska defenders back there and two in hot pursuit so it would have been close but I think the Wolves could have scored.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

The bigger question John is how obnoxious were the Michigan fans? Did you have to socialize with them...they were all probably whining after the game I am sure.

jomar
    jomar's Avatar Become A Pro!

I read in a local Michigan newspaper that the trophy platform was being wheeled onto the field during that last play and was blocking the route to the end zone on that side of the field (the other side was full of Nebraska football players). no idea if this is right but it would fit right in with all the other crap that happened to them

jomar

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    The bigger question John is how obnoxious were the Michigan fans? Did you have to socialize with them...they were all probably whining after the game I am sure.
    what's even sadder is all of the Sparty fans celebrating the Michigan loss. for them its better than a bowl win for themselves

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I could care less...i know MSU isn't a football school.....it's just funny Mich thinks they are an elite program still. Not sure if we need anymore evidence to show that Mich, along with ND, are just average programs at best. Nobody gets scared to play Mich anymore these days.

jomar

I could care less...i know MSU isn't a football school.....it's just funny Mich thinks they are an elite program still. Not sure if we need anymore evidence to show that Mich, along with ND, are just average programs at best. Nobody gets scared to play Mich anymore these days.
    if you play in a major college program and you get scared to play anybody, perhaps you shouldn't be in a major college program

SBR_John
    Wisky

What Michigan fans? It was all Nebraska. Seriously Nebraska had them at least 15-1 and probably more like, at least it seemed like 100-1.

It was a perfect San Antonio night, 60 degrees on a still, clear, star filled night. The Cornhuskers are great guests. You would have thought they won the national title. I waited for the traffic to thin out while I quinched a thirst for some liquer and they were still dancing in the streets and shaking starngers hands.

jomar

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John
    You would have thought they won the national title. I waited for the traffic to thin out while I quinched a thirst for some liquer and they were still dancing in the streets and shaking starngers hands.
    this happens every time somebody beats Michigan

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Makes sense John...Neb fans seem like good people who are very down to earth. Mich fans, on the other hand, are the filth of the earth john if you only had to be around them all the time you would know. I am talking girls that make me want to throw up when I see them....an arrogance among their alumni that makes a 3rd world dictator envious, and an aversion to anything not related to Ann Arbor or their beloved univesity.

I am really happy for NEB fans...looks like scUM is going to have to go into that rebuilding mode too now....not sure how their fan base is going to react to becoming a middle of the road team and no longer a national elite team.

Good luck Michigan fans hope things weren't too bad this year

jomar

I am really happy for NEB fans...looks like scUM is going to have to go into that rebuilding mode too now....not sure how their fan base is going to react to becoming a middle of the road team and no longer a national elite team.

Good luck Michigan fans hope things weren't too bad this year
    might want to look over their roster. Michigan is returning most of its key players. they will only be better next year, much to the dismay of you Sparty fans.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Give me a break dude....OSU runs that conference as long as Tressel is there Michigan has no shot of winning anymore.

jomar

Give me a break dude....OSU runs that conference as long as Tressel is there Michigan has no shot of winning anymore.
    lol. you hope so anyway. no shot? please

BuddyBear
    Update your status

I really don't care for either UM or OSU....but it's hard to see how Mich is going to be better than OSU. Tressel has restored OSU to national prominence while Carr has sunk Mich down to a new low....it all goes in cycles too. Look NEB, Oklahoma, Pitt, FSU (somehow still in a BCS bowl), FLA, Colorado, Washington, UCLA, USC, Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn, Penn State, Notre Dame, Tennessee, TXAM, etc....all have had sustained difficult periods in the past decade at one point or another....I think we are witnessing Mich going through such a period.

I don't know what more evidence Mich fans need:

3 straigh bowl losses including a loss to a mediocre Nebraska team
    4 out of 5 bowl games lost icluding 2 Rose Bowls,
    4 out of 5 losses to OSU including 2 in Ann Arbor
    2 out of 3 losses to ND including 1 in Ann Arbor
    2 out of 4 losses to Iowa
    losses to Wisconsin and Minnesota and Minn at home no less

Meanwhile, OSU has won a national title in the past few years, been in what 3/5 BCS bowl games and won them....

Since 1997, Mich has watched OSU get better, Iowa get better, and now Penn state get better and even to some degree Minnesota...hell you could make a cogent argument that PSU deserves to be in the title game.

Last year OSU played in the Alamo Bowl with their backup and destroyed a decent Oklahoma St team 33-7....Mich played in the same situation as a big favorite against a really mediocre Neb team who got hammered by Kansas and blew a DD lead to them in the 4th quarter and now blame everything on the officials.

I mean seriously anyone who thinks Mich is an elite program or is just a step away needs to ask some serious questions and take a look in the mirror. Ohio State on the other hand is a national power w/o question.

To say Tressel owns Mich and Ann Arbor is an understatement. IMO, as long as Tressel is at OSU Mich will be playing 2nd fiddle to OSU in the Big Ten for a very long time with MSU still really bad.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John
    What Michigan fans? It was all Nebraska. Seriously Nebraska had them at least 15-1 and probably more like, at least it seemed like 100-1.

It was a perfect San Antonio night, 60 degrees on a still, clear, star filled night. The Cornhuskers are great guests. You would have thought they won the national title. I waited for the traffic to thin out while I quinched a thirst for some liquer and they were still dancing in the streets and shaking starngers hands.
    This was exactly the problem! Two major programs on the same field but only one of them was happy to be there. That's why I had this one as a noplay. I like teams that play with heart but I can't bet on them when they are less talented than their opponents.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Quote Originally Posted by jomar
    might want to look over their roster. Michigan is returning most of its key players. they will only be better next year, much to the dismay of you Sparty fans.
    Well they will just be overrated again next season.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i disagree with this one double B

whos to say OSU wont run into these types of problems Michigan has in recent years. and, please don't mention the booster payoffs, and the clarrett scandle either. because, i'm talking about talent levels here.

jomar

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker
    Well they will just be overrated again next season.
    they could be. this year, they were ranked #4 in the preseason poll. next year, who knows where they are ranked.

Michigan lost alot of tough games this year, all but ND they had a 4th quarter lead. that tells me they're still pretty close. to compare what they are going through now to programs like USC and the others isn't valid. Michigan was 7-4 this year (now 7-5). thats as bad as its been there since 1969 (other than 6-6 1986), it isn't like they put together a couple 4-7 seasons.

they'll be better because both Henne, Hart, Manningham will all be better, while they're o-line couldn't be much worse. they could use a new D coordinator at the least but I don't think Carr will fire Herman. therefore, Carr may need to go too. the defense could never come up with the big stop this year. but this team was real close to being 10-1 or 9-2 this year. they lost to ND and OSU was the better team. Wisconsin and Minnesota both should have been wins.

SBR_John
    Wisky

Michigan has ton of talent. A lot of really good devensive linemen and wide receivers.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

To me, Lloyd Carr is a lot of the problem with Michigan. His stamp on this team is: "if I get a lead, I'm gonna sit on it and pray for dear life that we win". He's done it his entire time at Michigan. I agree that Michigan is not going to do anything grand until Coach Carr is let go. The question is: if they do that, is Les Miles that much better than Lloyd Carr? I would say "NO" but all indications say that Les Miles would be the new Michigan coach if Lloyd Carr were let go.

E

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lloyd Carr just flat out blows...