rdimare14
    rdimare14's Avatar Become A Pro!

Navy Pitt Wed Nighta

Well since tonight is an off night for us football only guys. Anyone have any thoughts on Navy Pitt tom night (espn) .. Don't have much on either of these teams but im going to make a small wager. ??

cashflow50
    cashflow50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Quote Originally Posted by rdimare14 View Post
    Well since tonight is an off night for us football only guys. Anyone have any thoughts on Navy Pitt tom night (espn) .. Don't have much on either of these teams but im going to make a small wager. ??
    navy can score. defense sucks, but they can score. recall game versus duke. take the points

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I've already decided on taking Navy and the points (currently 4.5).

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

I bet 2 on Navy with the spread and 1 on the moneyline. I think Navy wins this game outright.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

In agreeance with what he said. I'll probably just go Navy ML. Pitt is a mess at QB still and lacks the weapons I think to take advantage of a soft Navy defense.

curious
    curious's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    In agreeance with what he said. I'll probably just go Navy ML. Pitt is a mess at QB still and lacks the weapons I think to take advantage of a soft Navy defense.
    Dude, hedge the ML bet with 2x on the spread. That way if they cover the spread but lose the game you make 1 unit, if they win outright you make the vig plus 2 units. Of course, if they lose you lose 3 units. LOL

puttn4par
    puttn4par's Avatar Become A Pro!

Navy and Pitt

I am new to this forum but love to study and bet all sports!!!!He is the main reason why i am going to pound NAVY!!!

PITTSBURGH (AP) -Not even Dan Marino started this soon in his Pitt career.

Pat Bostick, a high school senior a year ago, makes his first start at quarterback for Pitt on Saturday at Virginia. Coach Dave Wannstedt didn't want to make this move so early in the season or Bostick's career, but an ineffective offense that is threatening to ruin Pitt's season left him little choice.

Bostick will be Pitt's third starting QB in five games, following the injured Bill Stull and Kevan Smith, who was pulled at halftime of a 34-14 loss to Connecticut on Saturday.

Bostick takes over in his fifth college game.

Marino, by comparison, didn't start until more than halfway through his freshman season at Pitt in 1979. Darnell Dickerson, another non-redshirt freshman, made his first college start Nov. 7, 1987, against Rutgers, a week after replacing Sal Genilla in a loss to Syracuse.

Other Pitt quarterbacks have played as freshmen, most notably Alex Van Pelt in 1989, but they were redshirted.

Wannstedt wouldn't be doing this if Stull hadn't badly injured a thumb in the season opener. But Smith played so poorly in losses to Michigan State and UConn that it became obvious it was affecting the rest of the offense. At one point, Pitt (2-2) trailed UConn 34-7 in a home game the Panthers were favored to win big.

"Pat's done some positive things," Wannstedt said. "Let's see if he can take the next step."

The 18-year-old Bostick didn't challenge for the starting job after missing the first week of training camp for undisclosed personal reasons, and his conditioning also was in question. Now, he figures to be the starter until Stull returns.

Bostick was 27-of-42 for 230 yards and one touchdown while playing the second half against UConn, but threw three interceptions. He didn't face much of a rush with UConn content to lay back defensively and let Pitt drain the clock with short passes.

It could be much different at Virginia (3-1), which means another freshman - running back LeSean McCoy - may also play a major role. UConn's big lead and some puzzling play-calling led McCoy to carry only 11 times against the Huskies, but he has rushed for 417 yards and a 6.4 yards per carry average in his first four college games.

Unlike Bostick, McCoy spent last year at a prep school and didn't go directly from high school to major college football.

"I was really hopeful that we could have brought Pat along a little bit slower, to be honest," Wannstedt said. "LeSean has made enough plays and done enough things that he needs to be on the field."

To the 19-year-old McCoy, it's easier to make the transition to college football as a running back than as a quarterback.

"You really have to know everything (as a quarterback)," McCoy said. "A running back just has to know who to block and what the linemen are doing."

After Pitt's poor play Saturday, Wannstedt made his quarterbacks off limits to reporters, and Bostick hasn't talked about his pending start.

"Hopefully, me and LaRod (Stephens-Howling, Pitt's other top tailback) can get in there and help him out a little bit ... and he can get into a rhythm with some easy throws and easy reads," McCoy said. "No matter what class you are or how old you are, you have to be ready to play at this level. It's college football, big-time football, so sophomore or freshman, you have to come ready to play."

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by curious View Post
    Dude, hedge the ML bet with 2x on the spread. That way if they cover the spread but lose the game you make 1 unit, if they win outright you make the vig plus 2 units. Of course, if they lose you lose 3 units. LOL
    Right on hombre. I am gonna take Navy +170 tonight and then watch the line movement on Wednesday if there is any. Might do 1 unit & 1 unit.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

im seeing a ton of money coming in on Pitt...not sure why. Their offensie is horrible, there is a huge mismatch in coaching, and for homefield...how pumped up do you think the crowd is going to be for a Wednesday night game.

Remember last year when Navy beat Stanford 37-9....could see something similar again. This Pitt may be calling it quits real soon.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

most people don't realize that Navy does have a passing game...while they don't pass all that often, Paul Johnson usually dials up some creative plays...

Negataur
    Negataur's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably going with a teaser for tonight.
    Navy +10, over 46.

rdimare14

Is a tease nessary in this game tonight??

rdimare14

I just have 1 worry. That being the home field tonight for pitt., but I sort of off set the home field advantage with the fact that these millitary schools are well coached and usually dont hurt themselves . that and the fact that navy leads the nation in rushing cant hurt either. they'll be in this game and hopefully win outright.

im going navy+4.5 good luck everyone.

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

small action bet on pitts -4... no particular reason why, I guess I just like being the no-pass bettor...

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

adding half a unit on under 53 because navy's defense is weak...

Mr Handicapable
    Mr Handicapable's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Comeon 3.5 so I can hedge bet!!

Pounded Navy tonite plus 4.5 but if the line somehow falls to 3.5 (unlikely imo) then a nice hedge bet is in order. If it then fell on 4 of course then a nice scoop on both sides. Don't kid yourself Navy backers, Pitt definitely has the athletic edge, but I've made several mortgage payments over the years on backing whoever is playing Wannstedt...college or pro. He couldn't lead a ho to bed as it were!!

WestsidePete
    WestsidePete's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is a tease nessary in this game tonight??
    possibly...I've got a couple teasers on this one:

NAVY +11.5
    Over 45.5

NAVY +11.5
    FSU/Wake Forest under 50.5