tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

I am from the St. Louis area WestsidePete and I know they have been the talk of the town here this week too, I think this game this weekend will prove to me if Missouri is really contenders for the National Championship this year, they are really good on offense but on defense they have been shaky at times so far, but they have still pulled out wins and that is what is key here, is they are winning and they beat a good Illini team in the first game of the season, they are my underdog play of the week is Missouri and I do like UConn as an upset play also this week.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

shrax,

congrats on shopping for a good line...

dan,

thanks...no real thoughts on the total bud...

sir,

much appreciated...thanks for all of your input...

buddy,

it definitely was an interesting game...Wanny is a real character for sure...

austin,

thanks and congrats to you as I understand you were on Navy as well...

west side pete and tblues,

yeah, this Missouri team just has something special about them...GL to both of you...

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I think pags thread should be stickied.

pags11

you the man imgv...GL with your FSU play tomorrow...

cashflow50
    cashflow50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

good call on navy. lets keep it going.

pags11

cashflow,

sounds like a plan to me...

Dan
    Dan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

No Thursday plays?

bmac
    bmac's Avatar Become A Pro!

I also like Mizz. Kentucky UNC. Navy winning was a good start to the week. BOL pags

bonethugs
    bonethugs's Avatar Become A Pro!

longtime lurker and avid pags follower just wanted to say thanks for all the money you won me.

pags would you mind posting a picture of yourself?

Dan
    Dan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Quote Originally Posted by bonethugs View Post
    pags would you mind posting a picture of yourself?
    Wow, that's the creepiest post of the day.

bonethugs
    bonethugs's Avatar Become A Pro!

sorry i asked dan no need to be like this

moneyplays
    moneyplays's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hey Pags,

Great picks. I am with you on most of your games. OT, who you do like in tonites game? I know you aren't betting it but who would you take?

Thanks,
    mp

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    onlooker,

good to hear you are on Duke...GL with Al Groh and co...
    I am now just going to pass on Virginia.

pags11

dan,

no, just watching tonight's game...no play for me...

bmac,

good to hear we are on many of the same sides...

bonethugs,

thanks for the kind words...I don't have many pics of myself on my PC, but I'll dig one up some other time..

mp,

sorry I didn't get to this in time...I had no real opinion on tonight's game...

onlooker,

I think that is a wise decision...

I'm typing up my write-up here and will post it shortly...

pags11

Hello board,

Here are my plays for this week:

Duke +14

This Duke team comes out every week and plays hard. I’ve been very impressed with their fight and they are starting to draw some serious respect across the ACC. Thaddeus Lewis and Eron Riley have really been in sync with each other and I expect more of the same from them this week. They showed a lot of grit last week behind to a good Wake team and fighting their way back into the ball game. Ted Roof will have to get better at his in-game coaching, and just open up the offense and let it fly. Something I noticed with Virginia Tech’s performance last week vs. Clemson was the amount of passing yards they gave up. I won’t dispute that Virginia Tech has a strong run defense, but I do think Duke can move the ball through the air on them. Also, it’s important to note that linebacker Hall will be out for this week’s game for the Hokies. I’m taking Duke and the points here.

Kentucky +11.5

Last week was a bad spot for Kentucky going to play against the Ol’ ball coach on the road with a short number. However, they come back this week to face a strong LSU team that they should match-up well with. If you watched a lot of last week’s game, you saw that that game changed on two key turnovers. Kentucky was able to move the ball (as they have against everyone this year) efficiently, and I think they can move the ball against LSU as well (as we saw Florida do all game to them last week). There are concerns that with RB Rafael Little playing with a gimpy ankle, that the Kentucky running game won’t be as potent. Remember, though, that Kentucky is very deep at the running back position and the strong play of QB Andre Woodson should open it up for Dixon, Locke and crew. I still believe that Kentucky’s defense is better than most think at defending the run and their ability to force turnovers should keep them in this game. I’ll take Kentucky and the points and hold on here.

Auburn +3

I truly believe that Auburn is playing as good of football as any team in the SEC right now. QB Brandon Cox is fully healthy, RB Brad Lester is back to bolster an already deep RB corp., and with the changes they’ve made to their offensive line (starting 3 true freshman that were ranked in the top ten at their position by all of the recruiting shows) their offense is performing very well. Defensively, Auburn has been solid all year. In their only two losses, their defense was the only thing that kept them in the game. They are getting a tremendous pass rush of late and are also defending the run very well. This will cause a lot of problems for a one dimensional Arkansas offense. Casey Dick is still having problems throwing the ball and WR Marcus Monk is still out for this game. RB Darren McFadden has bruised ribs, but is expected to play. He’s had some problems fumbling the football as well. Tommy Tubberville is a much better coach than people give him credit for, and Houston Nutt is on the brink of losing his team for the season. It will be a tough SEC game, but I’ll take Auburn and the points in this one.

Missouri +10

All I read this week is how OU is going to kill Missouri. Kind of reminds me of all the people that were saying LSU was going to crush Florida last week. Missouri is playing some very good football right now and there’s something to be said about that. As much respect as I have for Bob Stoops and his program, I still feel Missouri’s team has that special something about them that I’ve seen great teams possess over the year. QB Chase Daniels continues play amazing football this season. Not only is he supremely talented, but he also is an excellent leader who makes all of his teammates better. He will need to do so this weekend, as they head into a very hostile environment. He’s got such a variety of threats to get the ball too that it’s mind numbing. Try to cover TE’s Chase Coffman and Martin Rucker and you have to deal with a trio of WR’s to cover (led by young Jeremy Maclin). Try and focus on the WR’s and their TE’s will kill you. If you decide to only rush three linemen then you run the risk of Daniels making on plays with you with his legs (not to mention Tony Temple at RB if he’s healthy enough for this on). Defensively, this team is making strides. It will be important to focus on RB Demarco Murray and WR Malcolm Kelly, as these are the two main playmakers for Oklahoma. Remember that QB Sam Bradford is still a freshman and the pressure of this game could lead to some mistakes. It’s Missouri and the points for me again here.

Georgia Tech +3

Georgia Tech is one of those teams that plays their games so close to the vest that they seem to struggle as a favorite and thrive as an under. I like the way that QB Bennett has played lately and am confident that RB Tashard Choice is fully health for this game. Their defense continues to play well (their defensive coordinator John Tenuta is one of the best in the country) and I think having a strong kicker like Travis Bell could come into play at the end of this game. Miami is really struggling on both sides of the ball. QB Kyle Wright had four picks last week and Miami never was able to get their run game going. This is still a very young team and save their performance in the second quarter vs. Texas A&M, is a team that’s really just trudged through their season. This game should be a classic defensive battle, but I think Georgia Tech’s experience on defense and balance of offense will be the difference. I’ll take Georgia Tech and a field goal in this one.

Connecticut +3

This Connecticut team continues to fly under the radar. I’ve read many people comment about their schedule and that they haven’t played anyone. The bottom line for me is that this team continues to improve each week. Last year they really struggled because of the lack of a quality QB. Things are much different this year, as junior college transfer, Tyler Lorenzen is extremely mobile and also very accurate. RB Donald Brown got the preseason hype and is a strong runner for sure, but their most explosive back is Andre Dixon. This guy has breakaway speed and is also tough enough to run between the tackles. I do like that Randy Edsal has moved former QB, D.J. Hernandez, out to WR to help their receiving corps. Connecticut possesses a very strong run defense, which should help them match up well against Virginia. It’s important to note that RB Cedric Peerman is banged up coming into this one, leaving last week’s game vs. MTSU in the second half. This should be Virginia’s toughest test yet, and I really like the coaching match-up of Edsal vs. Al Groh. I’ll take Connecticut and the field goal yet again.

North Carolina +7

I’m not sure too many have noticed, even after last week, that North Carolina is a pretty good football team. Their schedule up to this point has been extremely difficult and they have faired very well (save a bit of a meltdown vs. USF where they still competed very hard). QB T.J. Yates continues to improve every week and WR’s Brandon Tate (also a threat on special teams) and Hakeem Nicks have emerged as two of the better receivers in the ACC. I believe that North Carolina’s scheme running the ball that they used vs. Miami last week can be successful vs. South Carolina this week. On defense, I’ve been as impressed with freshman defensive lineman Marvin Austin (the top DL recruit for the class of 2007 rated by Tom Lemming). South Carolina played very well on defense last week without LB Brinkley, but going on the road this week will be a tougher task. Also, RB Cory Boyd’s sprained knee will put most of the load at RB on Mike Davis’s shoulder, limiting their depth. Lastly, this will be Chris Smelley’s first road start, and although he’s played well the last two games, he still is a freshman. I do think Butch Davis vs. Steve Spurrier is as good of a coaching match-up as you’ll see this year. This should be a great game between two talented, well coached football teams. It’s North Carolina and the points for me here.

Good luck to all.

pags11

imgv94

Missouri +10

All I read this week is how OU is going to kill Missouri. Kind of reminds me of all the people that were saying LSU was going to crush Florida last week.

Teasem
    Teasem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write ups pags

Looking forward to a good Saturday as well as a Missouri WIN

Hemlock21
    Hemlock21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 606

Wow, All dogs this weekend. Only against you on the NC play. GL

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Missouri +10

All I read this week is how OU is going to kill Missouri. Kind of reminds me of all the people that were saying LSU was going to crush Florida last week.
    reminds me of how OU was gonna kill Texas by 20

o yeah, that didn't happen either

idontlikerocks
    idontlikerocks's Avatar Become A Pro!

duke defensive end patrick bailey is expected to miss vs v tech making a poor duke defense even poorer. they will be playing catch-up all day and qb lewis throws 2 or 3 picks.

v-tech -13 1/2

Aces
    Aces's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

How about Missouri and Auburn Money Line parlay

110 To win 1091

Auburn will win the question is can Missouri win as well ?

pags11

imgv,

I hear it every week...

teasem,

thanks man...I'll take a Missouri cover, you root for the outright win...

hemlock,

thanks...sorry to hear we are on opposing sides with the North Carolina game...I seem to be in the minority in that one...hmmm...

austin,

exactly...

idont,

obviously you haven't been watching Duke play much this year...heck, Duke's only covered 5 games in a row, you're bound to be right this week, right?...

Aces,

you have bigger balls than me my friend...GL bro...

Philavanh
    Philavanh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice write up Pags, I'll be riding with most of your teams this week....Once again, lets make some $$$$$$$$$

Negataur
    Negataur's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kudos agian, pags!

I'm with you on UCONN, AUB, and KTY, but I've been on DUKE all season, and I'm not sure if their offense can continue to comeback week after week. GTECH puzzles me.

Was wondering if you still like SJ St tonight.

tblues2005
    tblues2005's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7184

pags good job on the write ups and you make sense on your picks this week. I am with you on most of your picks and good luck this week.

taurus
    taurus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I enjoy the picks and the write-ups pags,
    excellent job. I'm joining you on San Jose
    I make my plays late, Friday nite and Saturday am when I get reduced juice ( 105) Your selections and write-ups are very helpful in my decision making process.
    GL

bbyhill
    bbyhill's Avatar Become A Pro!

ou freshman qb that beat texas in the red river shootout rivalry. mizzou played a beat up nebraska team and cant get the job done in norman to much emotion after beating texas looking for the big 12 south champ at least

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pags,

I'm with you on Duke +14 and UK +11.5. Great work!

VolinArizona
    VolinArizona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Alright, I followed you on all Saturday plays except Kentucky, which fell to 9.5.

laxdjock
    Anyone but the SEC.
    laxdjock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Quote Originally Posted by VolinArizona View Post
    Alright, I followed you on all Saturday plays except Kentucky, which fell to 9.5.

Yeah....I think +9.5 might be enough for me to go against them, we'll see...it'll be a small late play if I do.

imgv94

Congrats again pags11.

Again why isn't this thread stickied? The man is a ****in genius.

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

And UNC can be had for +7.5 at some venues (for now).

DrLuck
    DrLuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Way to start the week pags... as always good luck on saturday

pags11

phil,

for sure my brother...GL tomorrow...

negataur,

sorry I didn't get to this in time, but I did a little write-up in another thread about the SJSU game...

tblues,

appreciate your support...

taurus,

glad I can help, you're a good man...GL to you tomorrow...

bbhill,

it should be a pretty exciting game...

gator fan,

thank you...good to hear we are on Kentucky and Duke together...

volin,

outstanding...GL tomorrow...

lax,

I think you will be impressed with Kentucky's effort tomorrow, glad you are making LSU a light play...

imgv,

really appreciate that my friend...thanks for all of your help and input each week, couldn't do it without you...

baba,

thanks for that update, I've actually been using sbrodds quite a bit myself...

doc,

thanks and GL to you as well tomorrow...

pico
    USC ml
    pico's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1634

Wed.

1/2 unit play Navy +3.5

Fri.

1 unit play San Jose St. +17

Sat.

all plays for 3 units...

Duke +14